playstation vita firmware suggestions

ok so curious to know for the playstation vita what features/things would you like to see in there next update?

i'll start:
- able to support ps2 classics: this is obvious it would no more difficult then when they did PSone. so its possible and eveyone wants it to happen. i hope they do it soon!

- folders for menu: the menu is fine when theres only a few icons. but when you start getting a decent amount of games the whole thing is just annoying and ackward to use. folders would be a huge plus!

- ability to charge while transferring files to the vitas database:
im yet to check the latest version. but i know in previous ones im sure you couldn't charge it was updating its database.

thats all i want. beyond that i cant imagine anything else i would want to see. if it had a larger battery that could handle playing ps3 games for longer id say ps3 game support in there store.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It needs more interesting games. The only games I like so far are Little Big Planet PS Vita, Persona 4 Golden, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and even then Persona 4 is a Director's Cut port while Zero Escape is available on the 3DS.
i second that. i actually haven't played the games you mentioned, well except for little big planet i own that.
I second PS2 game support. In fact, I figured the Vita was going to have PS2 games available for download from the start.
i thought from the start you could play ps1, ps2 and ps3 games from the store. i mean its shown its perfectly capable of doing all three right from day one when we first discovered the consoles actual existance.

but i thought even if they scewed us the psp was supporting the ps1 classic range or so id heard so i thought the vita would have at least had that from the start but no it didn't.
Theres going to be a whole host of classics for the Vita.
People buy vitas?
well obviously. if they didnt it wouldn't still be on the market and it wouldn't be still so high in price.

its currently the most powerful handheld device in history. and despite the games not being so great they still beat anything nintendo have done in a long time. and thats not limited to there handheld devices.
:whisper: Nintendo's 3DS is at 22 million sold. The Vita is at roughly 3.3 million.
perhaps. but sales doesn't determine how good a console is. nintendo technology has been crap for a while now.

but they could sell ice to Eskimos. casual gamers are who buy there stuff people who just want to get there kids a mario game. the vita is a console bought by real gamers and has already done things no other portable console has ever done. id say that is one of the things that make it better.

quality is better than quantity.
I'm sure your 'real gamer' qualifications are well respected in certain sun-deprived circles but you have to understand that to the rest of us your baseless sweeping statements make you sound like a typical Sony fanboy who jumped on the Nintendo hate bandwagon and who instantly went out to buy Sony's next device powered by future potential rather than actual merit.
dont get me wrong nintendo has its good points. alot of my most cherished shildhood gaming moments were nintendo.

i love there gamecube. and the n64 was pretty bloody good to. 007 goldeneye on that console is my most played game of all time. so as you can see i dont play any favourites, but nintendo simply aren't even trying to be competitive or doing any good anymore. if they went back to making consoles and games for people who actually are there to play games and at least attempted to keep with the times even a little bit my opinions wouldn't have seemed so one sided.

but as it stands nintendos competion not just sony are totally destroying them. and as many people state on a regular basis its there amazing ability to sell thigns that have kept there sales alive as much as what it is. there console and games have very little to do with it. and it pains me to see it to, because you have no idea how bad i want to play a new metroid game that isn't flooded with all this motioon based nonesence. id prefer it 2d but perfectly happy with 3d also.

also you are right i did buy the vita based on potential. but could you blame me? im a massive first person shooter fan, so i jumped at the chance to get a console with 2 analog sticks and the graphical capabilities of a ps3. the tilt and augmented reality do annoy the hell out of me mind you and have ruined a number of titles ive played. whether its poorly implemented or poorly used im not completely sure but currently that part of the console is a huge fail.
So they aren't specifically catering to you, fine. But don't give us this nonsense about Sony totally destroying them because that is demonstrably ludicrous. Especially with all the reports of Sony's failing subsidiaries, their sales numbers plummeting and their biggest holiday title being a clone of Super Smash Bros.

I'm also not convinced that you even know what Nintendo is actually doing wrong. From your responses it seems like you just looked at Wii Sports and figured that every Nintendo game is somehow like that.
View all replies
No, you cannot seriously claim that a videogame system is better, when the games are "not being so great". Technically yes, the hardware is probably more powerful than a 3DS (barring the 3D screen), but the games are the reason to buy the hardware. It could ten times more powerful, but it means nothing if there are no games.
your points are right. power doesn't mean better. but i thought i made the point in that [ppost that although the games aren't so great they are still better then everything out on the portable consoles at the moment.