November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 73

video game facts

:icondeathlee28:
DeathLee28 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
wanna share some?
here's some that i know (and are probably obvious)
*Rayman was recolored from purple to blue  in its Japanese release because in Japanese culture, purple is the color of Death (i'm not sure though)
* The boos in the Sunken Airship in Mario World are actually Bowser's dead crew from Mario 3.
want proof?, each time you kill Boom Boom a glowing orb with a question mark appears and how  does the Sunken Airship end? by tapping a question mark of course 
*in the Japanese version of Paper Mario: the thousand year door, The house in the back alley of Rogueport's main square originally had a Toad-shaped chalk outline and dried blood on the floor. These signs of violence were removed for the U.S. version.
* According to the instruction booklet,  each time you hit a block with your fist in Super Mario Bros for the NES  you are actually  killing innocent toads, the koopas turned them into blocks before the Mario Bros came to save Princess Peach

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Nintendo has been around since 1889.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Artist
-Republic Commando had its campaign cut in half, and the second half was to be repurposed for the sequel game that was then cancelled in early 2003-2004 when TFU was conceived. It is also suspected Battlefront 3 may have been held back from release because of TFU

-GoldenEye 64's multiplayer was made in about a month's time, without any approval by the publisher

-Same-sex romances were supposed to be available in Mass Effect 1 (All) and in Mass Effect 2 (Miranda)

-Bioshock 2 had a significantly different storyline, an economy mechanic, underwater combat, and several other things that were cut due to a forced rewrite by the publisher. Thus the game out beneath its potential.

-The Force Unleashed has a multiplayer component on-disc, although it is disabled and only had two functional game modes when they gave up on it because of a bug. The developers even left their comments in the code. Hackers also found a way to extract models from the game (upon discovering the model use a custom file type) and change the sequence of levels on a whim.

-KotOR 1 had a cut forth Starforge map. There's a mod in the works that intends to restore it, but the planet was mostly unfinished.

-Yavin 4, while on disc for PC, had to be made DLC for the Xbox version of KotOR

-Rogue Squadron 4 was in development for the Wii before being cancelled
:iconshadowangel3:
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
- Donkey Kong got his name because Shigeru Miyamoto thought it would get the idea across that's he's a stubborn, stupid ape.

- Miyamoto got the idea for Star Fox from his regular visits to a temple dedicated to a flying fox.

- Spyro was originally going to be green. However, Insomniac felt he would blend with the grass, so they made him purple instead (which is also a unique color for a dragon).

- Pokémon has been pitched to Nintendo as early as 1990 in the form of "Capsule Monsters".

- David Jaffe's original idea for God of War III was to have Kratos kill Zeus early on, only to end up fighting the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian gods who are competing for world ownership. Supposed to gain Thor's hammer and Ra's magic along the way, he is joined by a Norse and Egyptian counterpart of him. Together, they defeat the gods and form a new religion under a single god, Christianity, with them being the three wise men as described in the Bible.

- The character Wario was originally conceived by disgruntled artists creating a mock drawing of Mario.

- Bowser was originally intended to be an ox. But when concept art of him was presented, the artist was told that the character looked more like a turtle. So Bowser was re-worked into his present form.

I got more where those came from. ;)
:iconmechakraken:
MechaKraken Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Intelligent Systems was once a one-person company. The same company that made Paper Mario, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, and others, was once just run by one guy. Same with Blizzard. That company was once just three college students working together. Pretty amazing, it inspires me to have a go at making a game. Going indie, I guess is the phrase =)
DeathLee28 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
awesomeness D:
:iconjarringx:
jarringx Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
i got the golden god achievement in super meat boy :P
DeathLee28 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
cool :)
:iconjarringx:
jarringx Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
lol i guess
:iconpurpllamas:
Purpllamas Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
The voice actor for Ezio is the voice actor for Sonic.
:iconjamestehgamer96:
JamesTehGamer96 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
he is the same voice actor for chris redfield for re5-6 as well
Add a Comment: