Anyone else doing the Steam Sale?

I'm already picking my games now. The Autumn Sale is in high gear.
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
>steam sale
>wanted skyrim
>didn't get it
>ended up getting AC3 Deluxe Edition at full pirce
I just bought the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Oh, how I look forward to hearing Adam Jensen's gravelly voice again!
I bought The Walking Dead, which is fantastic - shame about the save glitch though.
Um, what save glitch? I bought it too but I never heard about a save glitch...
I completed Episode 1, but when I click to start Episode 2, it comes up with a message saying: "Generate story decisions for skipped episodes?" Even though I played through Episode 1 and it still has my stats.
When you're in the part of Episode 1 where you need to find the key, I'm stuck and can't get the cursor to select the door to go back to the main area. Did you have that problem, and if so, did you figure out a way around it?
That part worked fine on mine, how strange. :/

Did you get the keys? You might need to get them first before you go back inside.
I moved the desk, but then found I needed the keys. The way the camera moved afterward, has prevented me from making any further progress. I'd frankly prefer to not have to rewind, as I'm trying to keep my first playthrough pure -- all mistakes included.
Hmm, that is strange. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the keys you're looking for aren't in that room. I'm not sure if that's any help (without giving to much away). If the camera has got stuck though you can't get out that room through the door you came in, then you might have to rewind.

Hope this helps. Sorry for taking a while to reply.
Ah... well that's not good.
I want to buy Limbo, but I'm broke.
I have it... don't bother. All atmosphere, almost no gameplay at all to speak of.
I thought it was superb, personally. I think I might just depends on what sort of games you like. Limbo does have gameplay, in the forms of puzzles - you have to work out how to get past each area. The atmosphere and visuals are gorgeous and make for a strangely haunting, yet relaxing experience.
...except for the giant spider I see in the screenshots.

Anyway, I'll try and get it when it's on sale again. I like those types of games.
I got They Bleed Pixels (...actually, a friend gifted it to me) and Cave Story+.
Well I was waiting for San Andreas to drop so I'm taking it (I was hoping for a 75% reduction like Vice City a couple of weeks ago, but oh well).
I'm hoping for a cheap Torchlight or Sims 3 bundle. :meow:
...I could swear I saw Sims 3 games on sale. Granted that was yesterday.
I think so too, but I want a bundle. Cuz I'm greedy. :lol:
...I managed to get like 20-22 games with 100 bucks.

I don't think ye need a bundle to make a killing.
Oh I know, but generally bundles are cheaper than buying games individually. However, I just looked and Torchlight is on sale for all of $3 and Torchlight 2 for $10, that's both games for less than $20, which is exactly what I wanted. :iconmoistplz:
I wouldn't expect much for Sims 3. EA isn't exactly getting along with Steam, what with them being the Disney of video games and all.

During summer sales, I went with Amazon Downloads for Sims 3. Only 10 bucks, and better expansion options (all of them), and the discounts are even better. Looks like it's the same deal for Christmas.
Well that kinda sucks. :grump: I know last year's summer sale, they had a big Sims 3 bundle that included everything up to Generations, which was the latest exp at that point. But I was in the middle of a big move and didn't have any cash to spare. So I've been hoping for another big bundle again.

If that's the case, I'll go see what Amazon has to offer! :iconlawooplz: