Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

Anyone else doing the Steam Sale?

:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Artist
I'm already picking my games now. The Autumn Sale is in high gear.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconanonamos701:
anonamos701 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
>steam sale
>wanted skyrim
>didn't get it
>ended up getting AC3 Deluxe Edition at full pirce
:iconstareon:
Stareon Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just bought the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Oh, how I look forward to hearing Adam Jensen's gravelly voice again!
:iconmarzymarrs:
MarzyMarrs Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I bought The Walking Dead, which is fantastic - shame about the save glitch though.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Artist
Um, what save glitch? I bought it too but I never heard about a save glitch...
I completed Episode 1, but when I click to start Episode 2, it comes up with a message saying: "Generate story decisions for skipped episodes?" Even though I played through Episode 1 and it still has my stats.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Artist
When you're in the part of Episode 1 where you need to find the key, I'm stuck and can't get the cursor to select the door to go back to the main area. Did you have that problem, and if so, did you figure out a way around it?
MarzyMarrs Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That part worked fine on mine, how strange. :/

Did you get the keys? You might need to get them first before you go back inside.
I moved the desk, but then found I needed the keys. The way the camera moved afterward, has prevented me from making any further progress. I'd frankly prefer to not have to rewind, as I'm trying to keep my first playthrough pure -- all mistakes included.
MarzyMarrs Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmm, that is strange. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the keys you're looking for aren't in that room. I'm not sure if that's any help (without giving to much away). If the camera has got stuck though you can't get out that room through the door you came in, then you might have to rewind.

Hope this helps. Sorry for taking a while to reply.
Ah... well that's not good.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I want to buy Limbo, but I'm broke.
I have it... don't bother. All atmosphere, almost no gameplay at all to speak of.
Ah, I see.
I thought it was superb, personally. I think I might just depends on what sort of games you like. Limbo does have gameplay, in the forms of puzzles - you have to work out how to get past each area. The atmosphere and visuals are gorgeous and make for a strangely haunting, yet relaxing experience.
...except for the giant spider I see in the screenshots.

Anyway, I'll try and get it when it's on sale again. I like those types of games.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I got They Bleed Pixels (...actually, a friend gifted it to me) and Cave Story+.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I was waiting for San Andreas to drop so I'm taking it (I was hoping for a 75% reduction like Vice City a couple of weeks ago, but oh well).
:iconimpotentrage:
ImpotentRage Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm hoping for a cheap Torchlight or Sims 3 bundle. :meow:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Artist
...I could swear I saw Sims 3 games on sale. Granted that was yesterday.
ImpotentRage Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think so too, but I want a bundle. Cuz I'm greedy. :lol:
...I managed to get like 20-22 games with 100 bucks.

I don't think ye need a bundle to make a killing.
ImpotentRage Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh I know, but generally bundles are cheaper than buying games individually. However, I just looked and Torchlight is on sale for all of $3 and Torchlight 2 for $10, that's both games for less than $20, which is exactly what I wanted. :iconmoistplz:
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I wouldn't expect much for Sims 3. EA isn't exactly getting along with Steam, what with them being the Disney of video games and all.

During summer sales, I went with Amazon Downloads for Sims 3. Only 10 bucks, and better expansion options (all of them), and the discounts are even better. Looks like it's the same deal for Christmas.
ImpotentRage Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well that kinda sucks. :grump: I know last year's summer sale, they had a big Sims 3 bundle that included everything up to Generations, which was the latest exp at that point. But I was in the middle of a big move and didn't have any cash to spare. So I've been hoping for another big bundle again.

If that's the case, I'll go see what Amazon has to offer! :iconlawooplz:
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Not really.

But holy crap, The Void is at the price of lunch money now.
I got The Void for a friend as well. Looks promising but also very very brutal.
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Alright, I got Serious Sam 3 Deluxe Edition, DLC, and First and Second Encounter for 15 dollars..
:iconnightchildmoonchild:
nightchildmoonchild Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah I just did. I bought Scratches dirt cheap.
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've been keeping an eye on it, but I have not bought anything from it.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I'm waiting for a flash/daily deal for Penumbra collector's pack or Skyrim: Dawnguard.

Discounts are nice, but double discounts are even better!
:iconpharaoh-ink:
Pharaoh-Ink Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
The only one I really wanted to play was Mirror's Edge, and it's been on my wishlist for a while, so I went with that. :D
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I think I already have most games that I'd want. I would like Civ5: Gods and Kings or Skyrim: Dawnguard. I'm trying to decide if it is worth waiting to see if they pop up cheaper as a daily deal or flash sale...

I'm also thinking about the Walking Dead. And maybe X-Com: Enemy Unknown - I liked the original but I think I can probably stand to wait until it is a bit cheaper.
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   General Artist
I was gifted Civ5 during the summer at 40 or 50 percent off, and then it popped up a day later at 70 or 80 off. :lmao: I think it's all about taking a risk and deciding what you're willing to pay for something you really want.
I think Civ5 was 50% off all the way through and then one day it was 75% off - which is when I bought it.

Gods and Kings is apparently 50% off until the 27th. I'm hoping it will show up cheaper before then as a daily deal, if not I can always get it on the 27th.

I bought the complete Valve collection just after I got Steam. Then a month later it was 50% off. I have been very cautious since then!
:iconizayummikiwi:
izayummikiwi Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I got a few of the really cheap ones (To the Moon, Dear Esther, and Binding of Isaac). I'm done now, though.
I'm watching for big sales on older games I have on disc but want in my Steam collection -- namely Oblivion's Delux GOTY edition, as I have the physical copy with Shivering Isles, but I lost my KotN/DLC disc that I had. I know it's on sale at 40% off right now, but that's not a deep enough cut for me. :P

As far as more recent games go, there isn't much out right now that I want and don't already have.
My oblivion disc got warped by heat when I stupidly left it next to a window in the middle of summer. I got the GOTY year edition in the Steam Summer sale as one of those 8 hour flash sale things at 75% off. I'm guessing if you wait the same deal will come round again.
I hope so. I ended up getting all the New Vegas DLC and the Fallout 3 GOTY edition to replace my disc version during the summer sale. :D But I've had a hankering for some Oblivion lately. It was one of the first games that turned me into a PC gamer.
I was PC gaming for a while before Oblivion. But it is one of the games that every now and then I get an uncontrollable urge to play!
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I'm watching, and there are two games I'm thinking of getting (Prototype and Darksiders) but I want to wait to see if Borderlands (GOTY) gets below $10 and if Fallout New Vegas will have the DLCs cheaper (for the DLCs, I don't mind waiting till Christmas since that will be the only time I could play the last DLC I need: Dead Money.)
Don't waste your time with Borderlands. Darksiders (you could get both for about 23 bucks now) or Prototype (granted you can get all the prototype series for 10-ish on Amazon) would be far better deals.
Stareon Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Last I checked, the Prototype bundle jumped WAY up in price. I'm pissed because I've been wanting to play Prototype 2 for a while.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Stareon Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
For what? Missing out on a kick-ass deal or wanting to play Prototype 2?
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Artist
The former. The latter is supposedly fun, granted not the best PC porting job.
Stareon Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
As much as I want to play it, the supposed poor quality of the port is why I'd like to get the game at the best deal possible. I heard that the PC port of Prototype 2 has a lot of problems (including a memory leak issue!!); some people couldn't even get the game to work.
Well, keep your eyes on Amazon. I saw that deal for a Prototype Pack several times and its got to pop up again at some point. Maybe around Christmas.
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah, um, there was a change in plans. Apparently Wal-Mart got fed up with Valve's Fall Sale, so they completely beat their prices in comparable games.
:iconomgwtfbbqplz:
omgwtfbbqplz Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Unless borderlands 2 or x-com goes below 20 bucks each, I ain't paying a goddamn cent. Besides, I got what I need.
I might advise glancing at the indie section. Especially the Basement Collection (which is just 2 bucks and includes roughly 5-10 games).
Add a Comment: