Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 113

Indie Games

:icongingerbaron:
Gingerbaron Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So I watch a few youtube videos and surf the internet about up and coming indie games.

I was just wondering if you have played any or found an intresting game to play recently or to be released.

For example one of the games I have purchased is FTL (Faster Than Light)
I wont explain to much but your a space ship and you must fight your way to your base before the rebels destroy it. On the way you level up weapons systems and crew. It has brilliant micro management as well. Simple graphics but the music is pretty good as well.

Another example is Prison Architect an game that is currently in alpha or beta. It just reminds me of the sims, making rooms and amenities available.

Anyone have any thoughts or any other games that look good or awful?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaprilmcguire:
AprilMcGuire Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Indie games?
I've played the demo for Limbo, super great game. Funny enough, there is another indie game with very similar aspects (panoramic style left-to-right gameplay, puzzle solving) called Deadlight. Deadlight I bought, but I got epically stuck. Before being stuck, it was a fantastic game where you're a father trying to get back to his wife and child in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. The background detail is gorgeous. But the autosave feature doesn't save as frequently as it should and I find myself having to escape a corrupt army holdout over & over & over because the person I am trying to rescue is a tard and can't keep up, thus resetting my progress to 0 everytime. :iconimhorrifiedplz: So yeah, I stopped playing that.
Gingerbaron Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ah that sounds like a good game apart from the suck autosave, its always frustrating like rescue and lead missions cause the NPC's never do what they are told
:iconaprilmcguire:
AprilMcGuire Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
The problem was the NPC I "rescued" wasn't fast enough. We'd have to jump gaps and I'd have to help her, quickly shoot the oncoming guys, help her again.. rinse & repeat. *headdesk*
Tts the ones that either get in the way or get lost on the way that is a face palm moment so I feel your pain
:iconlunchmuffin:
lunchmuffin Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Some of these aren't Indie, but I enjoy playing them. ;)

Fez (XBLA): 2D/3D Puzzle Platformer with a nice 8Bit feel.

Journey (PSN): Love this one! It's an adventure/exploration game with beautiful music, characters, and environments. There is a pseudo co-op mechanic, too.

Don't Starve (Browser): It's a silly survival game where you're dropped into a randomly generated map and have to collect items, do crafting, and fight monsters to see how long you can go without starving to death. [link]

ChronoBlade (Browser): This one isn't out yet, but you can sign up to be part of the closed beta testing. It's a 3D Side-Scroller Action RPG that is set in a Multiverse. It's like DFO meets Diablo. I'm the VFX Artist on ChronoBlade and I'm having a lot of fun working on it and playing it. :) [link]
I've played fez and enjoyed that.

Don't Starve is the kind of game I enjoy as well because I enjoy the gathering before the monsters come etc... More fun than vanilla minecraft as well.

Never played the other two but they sound good as well so I will be looking them up.
:iconlunchmuffin:
lunchmuffin Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You should! They're really fun. :D
:icontherealpadster:
theRealPadster Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Interface Designer
Torchlight II :D
Gingerbaron Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've seen a lot of videos about it but never played it myself, do you prefer it to diablo?
:icontherealpadster:
theRealPadster Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Interface Designer
tbh, I've never played Diablo.
Add a Comment: