Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 81

Devil May Cry demo

:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Has any one else here tried the new Devil May Cry demo?

I downloaded it this afternoon after I saw a thread about it on the Xbox forums and all I can say is WOW!

I had more fun playing the demo of DMC than I had playing the WHOLE of the utter shit Devil May Cry 4.

The game really needed the reboot.

There were times during the demo I thought I was back playing Bayonetta.

I now know what I will be getting with my Christmas money.

Also can anyone help me please. I noticed there is a DMC HD Collection out. Is it worth getting?

I have always wanted to play DMC1 as it was made by God er I mean Hideki Kamiya so is it worth getting for that and what are DMC2 and 3 like?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icons-classmage:
s-classmage Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I loved the demo! A lot of the dialogue was corny, but then again it was in the original DMC games too. I like the new Dante, and Vergil, A LOT.
:iconswxrdz:
SwxrdZ Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I liked all of the Devil May Cry's. This one wil definitely be a treat. I liked how the weapon switch mechanics were designed in this game, making switching weapons very easy. I pre-ordered it lol
:iconsamuelearl666:
SamuelEarl666 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist
If i had to explain all 4 games it would be this.
DMC1: Great game. worth getting.
DMC2: Dante is depressed through entire game, not that good.
DMC3: Its a prequel to DMC1 so Dante is slightly different but its still a cool game.
DMC4: I knew this game was going to be shit without actually playing it.

Bonus trivia, did you know Devil may cry was created from a resident evil demo, they thought it was too different from the other resident evil games so they changed the main protaganist and removed all references to umbrella corporation before turning it into the epic game we all know today.
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
DMC4 it almost depends on the version of the game. I really loved LDK, fighting multiple bosses, and style switching.
What do you mean by version?
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
360/PS3 has less content and quality than the PC version. This kind of goes with most multi-plats so that's nothing new.
SamuelEarl666 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist
I'll get the pc version then. thanks for telling me.
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
There's also some user created content for DMC4's PC version. It's not officially supported but it's doable with interesting results; the mod site is flooded with model edits, but there's some that definitely change things.

Have fun I guess.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Thank you very much for that that was very helpful.

But no one is telling me the one thing I need to know and that is what the replayability value is like.

Is DMC 1 - 3 like DMC 4 with no replay value whatsoever or are they like Bayonetta with tons of replay value?

DMC1 is the one I really want to try as it is the game that was made by God er I mean Kamiya and inspired Bayonetta.

Can I ask, Have you tried Bayonetta?

Nice bit of trivia. Here's one for you in the Bayonetta art work book there is a drawing of Enzo playing Poker with Dante.
I've tried Bayonetta but don't own it. Looked like a great game from the demo. As for the DMC games having replay value, they kind of have as you have to win at a high difficulty level to unlock an even crazier one until the difficulty is insane but that depends what kind of gamer you are.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
I am telling you right now GO AND GET BAYONETTA!

It does everything DMC1 did but a million times better.

If you claim to be a DMC fan you need to play the full game of Bayonetta. Hideki really surpassed himself with this game.

Go and get it you will love it. Once you play it you will see why it won 5 awards including GAME OF THE YEAR from IGN UK.

The replay value of the game is incredible. It took me 5 WEEKS of around 4 - 6 hours a day to unlock everything in the game.

What you said about DMC is the EXACT SAME for Bayonetta. You have to finish normal mode to unlock hard mode and you have to finish hard mode to unlock the incredibly insane Non Stop Infinite Climax mode where witch time is disabled to give you an even bigger challenge and you have harder enemies to fight.

Also you can unlock Jeanne and do it with her and all her abilities.

It has Alfheim Portals which are more or less the same as the special missions in DMC4 and DmC.

You kind of answered my replay question. But there is one thing you didn't give me the answer to and that is, What are the levels like to replay on the same mode?

If I was to do a second run through of say normal mode are the levels like DMC4 where this is nothing to do or are they like Bayonetta where you replay the full levels?
SamuelEarl666 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist
Its like starting the game from the beginning so you do play the full levels. I think you may keep the weapons you get in dmc3 i cant remember.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Thank you for that.
:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
I played Devil May Cry 1, 2 and most of 3 and I thought they were decent.
But I played the DMC and and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'll probably pick up DMC some time when it's been out for a while and it's cheap. Also, I'll wanna make sure Capcom doesn't do it's usual DLC silliness.

But yeah, it looked cool.
Thank you for the response.

Thanks for the input on DMC 1 - 3. Would you say $35 (18) is an alright price for them? Also what's the replayability like?

I am desperate for a new game as I haven't bought anything since June. Just a real bummer there isn't a demo for the HD collection.

I also was surprised at how fun the demo was. I will be keeping an eye on Capcom as well.

I am getting it around the release date as I like I said I need a new game and the only other one I really want is Tomb Raider which isn't out till March.
$35 for the collection? Yeah, that's a decent price.
I always buy games that have been out for a while that are cheap (except for Street Fighter titles) just because you could get DMC when it comes out or you could get 3 or 4 other games that are just as good (but older) for the same price.

I'm super strapped for cash though, that might have something to do with it.
Yeah I know how you feel about cash. I'm flat broke myself.

I can put the DMC HD collection on credit card and pay it off and I will be using my Christmas money for DmC.

Like you I too usually wait for the price to drop but also like you I too have games that are day one purchases.
It is fun to get games day one. You avoid spoilers and it's generally cutting edge tech. I just get Street Fighters day one because they're my favorite games and also because you play them mainly online and it's fun to start when everyone else is starting.

And then there's all this DLC and a better version to buy in 3 months. Oh well, it can't be helped I suppose.
I don't have that luxury of avoiding spoilers as I live in the United Kingdom!

Reason is that with the US getting games 3 days to sometimes longer before the UK by the time they are out here the spoilers are plastered all over the freaking forums!
Ah, how tragic. I'll go to great lengths to avoid spoilers, which can be difficult sometimes. Like I still don't have Pokemon BW2.
Yeah and it doesn't help matters when you get total retards who put the spoiler right in the topic header which means you can't even scroll down the page with out the game being spoiled.

They do something like this: Topic header will be: " Spoiler alert,Dante dies half way through DMC4 found out how inside".

You sit there thinking, freaking little moron. I could really kill him!

Back on topic, Can you please tell me something about the replay value of DMC1 - 3 please.
(1 Reply)
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Played the demo. Not even slightly impressed.
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
The game is really broken IMO. You can stay up in the air forever and the point system that hardcore fans swear by in the 1, 3, and 4th game got casualized like most modern games.

Either way, this game has spawned some hilarious internet nonsense.
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Namely the whole "YOU RUIN DANTE" part.
Me? I stood away from it and waited for more information and gameplay from it.
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah, that would be the smart thing to do with reboots like this, don't let the initial hate and negative response and what random people say keep you from trying the game out. Deciding for yourself weather you like the thing or not is better then blinding yourself to it because it's what everyone else is doing.

But really the drawings of crack head emo dante (which he's obviously not an emo crackhead, though he is a jerk) and the photoshops of vergil's head on dinosaur bodies are hilarious.

(I still hate the demo and it's magical flying dante that swings his scythe like crazy when I want him to shoot things in the face instead....)
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lol: People are weird...

Maybe once they polish up the final product, we'll see if Dante breaks the fuck out of the game or not.
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student General Artist
The demo was pretty awful

The AI on Son of Sparda difficulty just stood their, it literally just STOOD their and I had to wait for the enemies to attack.

The style meter is completely broken, but not as broken as it was previously in the last demo they had, (now you actually have to kind of change up your combos to raise it when before you could just spam the same attacks). But yeah, it's still broken or maybe a better word for it is casualized. It's ridiculously easy to get a SSS ranking on the thing, just wait for enemies to attack, dodge, swing the angel scythe which does auto combos, shoot, etc.

This is how easy the game is [link]

The boss barely does anything [link]

The controls are pretty unresponsive too. If you swing the demon scythe you can't react to anything else, so if an enemy does decide they want to attack you, you're pretty much screwed because it won't let you cancel your attack and dodge. Then it takes for ever for the game to register that you're not holding the R2 or L2 button (PS3 controls), making it so Dante is still flying around in the air spinning his sycthe around when you're trying to shoot or use rebellion instead.

Then you can stay up in the air as long as you want and spam the angel whip to rack up points. It takes all skill out of the air combat.
[link]

The guns barely do any damage [link]

You're kidding yourself if you think this games combat is better then Devil May Cry 4.
DMC4 blows this game out of the water, just look at the combat comparison [link]
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for the laugh I needed it.

The demo kicks the living shit out of that fucking shit that laughingly calls itself a game in Devil May Cry 4.

It is Devil May Cry 4 that is the clunky broken mess not this demo.

I cant wait for the 15th of January for the game.

I don't know what demo you were playing but I was attacked constantly and found it a lot harder to get ranks than I did on DMC 4.

Like I said I had more fun playing that demo than I did in the whole of Devil May Cry 4.

Oh and I am not interested in your links.

You go and play your shit Devil May Cry 4 I will play this.
I forgot, you're an obvious idiot troll. (Not even bothering to look at the links just shows that you have no valid reason to say I'm wrong and thus forfeit the argument to me)

Have fun playing your babies first hack n slash game. I'll be getting Metal Gear Rising instead of that broken mess DmC.
No your the idiot troll. Oh look you have to resort to calling me a troll because I don't like your shit as hell Devil May Cry 4.

Takes a troll to know a troll. Your the troll that came trolling my topic with your crap.

At least I am not the loser who likes shit in Devil May Cry 4. I know what a mess DMC 4 is. I have played and suffered it after all.

The combat is superiour in DmC troll boy to DmC 4.

Oh and I am not alone. I talked to some folks at the Xbox forums and one of them is a massive DMC fan. He liked DMC 1 - 3 and the demo but hated DMC4.

Oh and have fun playing the shit Metal Gear I will be playing DmC!
:iconfearprototype:
FEARprototype Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i liked all the devil may cry games even 2.
there is so much hate for the new DMC but i welcome the change but hopefully capcom, will also do a devil may cry 5.
the demo was very good, there is alot of attacks and the enemy can actually hit you{i was doubtful because of all the trailers} and the fps seems good for unreal engine and a devil may cry game.
don't forget that this is a devil may cry games so your going to buy new moves and get new weapons and your going to be able to play as vergil for if you per-order or you can buy him.
so the game looks pretty solid to me XD
First up DMC5. I hope not. DMC4 is a truly horrendous game. I had more fun doing the demo of DmC than I did the whole of DMC4. Why the heck would Capcom want to go back to using that horrible game engine and gameplay style when they have released what looks like great game and the reboot the series needed.

As for buying new weapons and moves. You do that in Bayonetta so that is not a problem.

As for Vergil according to wikipedia it says that Dante is going to be the only playable character. Here is the link for you [link]

After what everyone has said I am getting more and more tempted to get the HD collection as I really would like to play DMC1 and the game that inspired Bayonetta.

Thank you for replying.
everyone entitled to there own opinion, i liked devil may cry 4 because it combined everything good about devil may cry 1 2 and 3 but people hated the repetitive bosses and nero{i liked nero by the way and i liked the story too} and am sure there are people who won't enjoy it.

what does Bayonetta have to do with anything, different developers are making the game so i dont see the relation?????

that wiki is outdated then, get with the news XD

if you liked devil may cry, you should get the hd collection XD
Guess what, I've been BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWLOCKED by OP so I'm piggy backing off of your comment with my response to them.

You can't say crap because you're avoiding my links and then the way you freak out on anybody on these forums that disagrees with you is not helping your image. Then turning around and calling me a troll and talking crap about the new Metal Gear game being developed by Platinum Games, the guys that made BAYONETTA or however the crap you spell that just shows you try to rile people up.

I don't have to prove anything to you. I know it's the biggest internet cliche to say this, but don't bother replying back because I won't reply unless you watch the links I provided and give a response to them or if you say something else worth replying too. And like I'm going to care about your random "Guy on Xbox forums that hates the 4th game". I've seen a butt load of people that like all 4 games, but trying to prove this to you would be pointless because you'd just make the argument go in circles like you tend to do.
Have you not read my other posts?

If you had you would have seen that the only DMC game I have played is DMC4 which I loathed with a passion.

And you would have seen that Nero wasn't the only thing I hated about the game.

The game was slow and clunky, gameplay was dull, the back tracking was a pain in the ass, the boss battles were horrendous, there was no replayability value and and any company that has to relay on the achievement system to extend the game sucks at making games.

Oh and if you had seen my other posts you would have seen that DMC4 was the only DMC game I have played. That is why I am asking about the others.

I want to play DMC1 but not it isn't any good.
i was talk about myself not you XD

well too bad you think the game is clunky and dull.

if you already know you won't like it then don't buy it, simple as that XD

its impossible to please everyone, if you didn't like it, then maybe because its a game for you so you should look else where, if you played DMC demo which is available and you like it go for it then XD
:iconporkkish:
Porkkish Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012   Digital Artist
"As for Vergil according to wikipedia it says that Dante is going to be the only playable character"

That is outdated info.

About a week ago they released "Vergil's downfall" DLC trailer --> [link] where (as you can see) Vergil is playable character.
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
[link]
I think I might take back my statement on how I might consider the game if modding it is easier. Even when I'm not comparing these games, it still doesn't look like anything I would play.

I noticed there is a DMC HD Collection out. Is it worth getting?
I've heard that some cutscenes are still in SD and some people have experienced sound issues, which oddly lines up similarly with the PC version of DMC3.

If you didn't like or see replay value in DMC4 there's a good chance you won't enjoy DMC3.

Some, but not all of the differences:
-DMC3 when you play as Dante, but you can only stick with one style, and switch between two weapons (but there's more weapons to pick from).
-Bloody Palace in #3 gives you 3 portals, which advance a variable number of floors out of 9999. If you take the one that advances the most, you get nothing, and if you take the one that advances the least, you get some health replenishment.
-There's some backtracking, but not as extreme as 4's.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Thank you for that but you didn't say anything about Devil May Cry 1 which is the game I really want to know about.

Is Devil May Cry 1 any good and will I enjoy it?

Please help me as that is the only one I am really interested in.

I do like the sound this idea of changing weapons in DMC3. I found it terrible of only using a sword a gun in DMC4.

There is nothing wrong with being only able to choose from two weapons and one style at a time. In Bayonetta you can only choose between weapons set "A" and "B" and only have a maximum of two in each set. So that wouldn't bother me.

But again please help me with Devil May Cry 1.
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I do like the sound this idea of changing weapons in DMC3. I found it terrible of only using a sword a gun in DMC4.
It was a comparison to DMC4, which allowed switching between 5 styles and 3 weapons (ranged and melee) as Dante.

I don't know if you'll enjoy it or what you like in video games, but I can give a description.

DMC1 doesn't have the same amount of action and speed as DMC3 and 4, and compared to those it's pretty simple (before styles and weapon switching were implemented). It has a bit of a horror atmosphere, which kind of remains in #3, but non-existent in 4. Can't customize controls, but it gives the option of two schemes. The camera is fixed and might bother some people especially for some boss fights.
Thank you very much for all off that.

DMC1 & 3 are beginning to sound really interesting.

Not being able to customize controls doesn't bother me as you can't customize them in Bayonetta.

I thought that DMC4 was one of the slowest games I have ever played.

I getting really tempted to get it. Do you think it is worth spending 15 ($23) on it?

I guess I am just looking for a new game and another hack n' slash as I am completely bored at the moment. I haven't bought a new game since June.
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
I thought that DMC4 was one of the slowest games I have ever played.
I played DMC4 on the PC, which came with the option of adjusting game speed among other things; I'm not sure if that was available on the console version. I felt DMC3/4 were faster than DMC1, but you can easily go to Youtube and make the comparison yourself.

DMC1 and 3 at that price seems worth it (for me that is, since I replay them). DMC games are pretty short, having around 20 missions that can be completed in 5-20 minutes. If you're only going to play those once, it might not be worth it.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
No I don't think that option of adjusting the speed was on the 360 version of DMC4.

Thank you for the input regarding getting the HD collection. I even more tempted to get it.

Oh and just to let you know I have numerous games where I have spent that price or more and have only played them once.

At least it is 20 for 3 games not just one of them.
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you liked Bayonetta (which you obviously did) and if you would have liked DMC4 minus Nero, I'd say go for the HD-Collection. :D Some of the games are pretty tough, but I think you will still enjoy them. Dante is just as over the top as Bayonetta is. And without Nero the whining in the games is on an absolute 0. :D

@Demo: Oh, I have to check that asap! Which means... Most likely on the weekend, since I have a bit too much stuff to do till then. ^^' Still, I'm really looking forward to the new game! The surreal parts look amazing and while I'm not worth anything as a fighter I can still say that I enjoyed the brawls in the other DMCs quite a bit. I wonder if this one will be similar.
What do you mean "if I liked Bayonetta"! have you seen my sig?

I don't mind tough games at all. Hells I have done Bayonetta with Jeanne on Non Stop Infinite Climax mode and Jeanne takes 1.5 times more damage when hit than Bayonetta does. Meaning a 150% life bar with Jeanne is about 4 - 6 hits.

Can you tell me about Devil May Cry 1 please as that is the only one I am really interested in. Will I enjoy it does it hold up well. That is the one I really want to do as it was made by God er I mean Hideki Kamiya.

I hated DMC4 so would I enjoy them?
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I disabled signatures on dA. It's a lot easier to read though threads when you don't have to skim through all those sigs. :D

I didn't say DMC4 per se. The system stayed the same through the whole series, DMC 4 was just rather... blargh because of Nero. Let's be honest, no one liked Nero. He simply is not even 10% as badass as Dante is.

Had been a while since I played DMC1 and the parts start to mix up in my memory. I guess I'll check it on the weekend again.
Got you about sigs. Here is mine for you:

BAYONETTA GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED
DON'T FUCK WITH A WITCH - BAYONETTA. GREATEST LINE IN GAMING HISTORY
TELOC VOVIN A GRAA ORS TABA ORD AVAVAGO BAYONETTA SUMMONS FOR QUEEN SHEBA
EMNA OL ADRPAN ADNA ZNRZA OXEX RACLIR JEANNE'S SUMMONS FOR QUEEN SHEBA

If like you say it is the same gameplay style through all DMC games then I might give DMC 1 a go as I really would love to try it.

Nero was the least of DMC4's problems. The game was short with no replayability whatsoever, it had an extremely unfair power up and leveling up system and any company who has to rely on the achievement system to extend the play time of the game sucks at making games.

Also I hated the fact the the Alfheim Portals "or what ever they are called in DMC4" used your main lifebar and with no way to replenish it after doing them unlike Bayonetta which used a separate life bar for the portals.

I am asking about the others as I hated DMC 4 and was wondering if I would enjoy them.
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
... Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why I have deactivated those in the first place. ;)

I thought of Bayonetta pretty much as DMC with boobs. *shrugs* But I guess you think differently about that. :D I would say: If you didn't enjoy the concept of DMC4, stay away from the others. It's the same. If you thought of DMC4 as unfair, I guess you will rage about the others.

AS for the replay value of Bayonetta... Well, that's a topic for a discussion. I finished it once, searched for a h or two some more extras, never touched it again. Fun game, but - like DMC4 - more an achievement hunt in the end. At least it had no Bloody Palace.
Couple of things to correct you on.

First up Bayonetta WAS NOT an achievement hunt. The achievements were very fair and actually quite easy to get. I have got all 1000/1000GS on it and it was fun to do unlike DMC4's achievements. Now there was an achievement hunt.

It was the only way Capcom could extend the life of the game as the game itself was totally crap.

Second Bayonetta DOES have the equivalent of Bloody Palace. It is called Angel Slayer mode and you get it by doing ALL 21 Alfheim Portals. I have tried it and it is as hard as hell. Something I see you never did.

Oh and Bayonetta has the best replay value I have ever seen in a game unlike DMC 4's non entity. Bayonetta has 5 hardness modes which you can do as Bayonetta or Jeanne, the levels are full each time you do it unlike DMC'4s empty levels and it can take you weeks to get enough halos to unlock everything.
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Like I said: Played through it once, thought there are better games out there, so I never bothered with more playthroughts. Too much Halo-Hunt too.

And 21 Alfheim Portals do NOT compare with a 100-level fight challenge. XD

Say, why don't you just make a threat about Bayonetta? You're starting to get really OT here. ;)
Add a Comment: