Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 81

Devil May Cry demo

:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Nov 20, 2012
Has any one else here tried the new Devil May Cry demo?

I downloaded it this afternoon after I saw a thread about it on the Xbox forums and all I can say is WOW!

I had more fun playing the demo of DMC than I had playing the WHOLE of the utter shit Devil May Cry 4.

The game really needed the reboot.

There were times during the demo I thought I was back playing Bayonetta.

I now know what I will be getting with my Christmas money.

Also can anyone help me please. I noticed there is a DMC HD Collection out. Is it worth getting?

I have always wanted to play DMC1 as it was made by God er I mean Hideki Kamiya so is it worth getting for that and what are DMC2 and 3 like?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmoiraeanoir:
moiraeanoir Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
I loved the demo! A lot of the dialogue was corny, but then again it was in the original DMC games too. I like the new Dante, and Vergil, A LOT.
:iconswxrdz:
SwxrdZ Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I liked all of the Devil May Cry's. This one wil definitely be a treat. I liked how the weapon switch mechanics were designed in this game, making switching weapons very easy. I pre-ordered it lol
:iconsamuelearl666:
If i had to explain all 4 games it would be this.
DMC1: Great game. worth getting.
DMC2: Dante is depressed through entire game, not that good.
DMC3: Its a prequel to DMC1 so Dante is slightly different but its still a cool game.
DMC4: I knew this game was going to be shit without actually playing it.

Bonus trivia, did you know Devil may cry was created from a resident evil demo, they thought it was too different from the other resident evil games so they changed the main protaganist and removed all references to umbrella corporation before turning it into the epic game we all know today.
:iconhydris:
DMC4 it almost depends on the version of the game. I really loved LDK, fighting multiple bosses, and style switching.
What do you mean by version?
360/PS3 has less content and quality than the PC version. This kind of goes with most multi-plats so that's nothing new.
I'll get the pc version then. thanks for telling me.
There's also some user created content for DMC4's PC version. It's not officially supported but it's doable with interesting results; the mod site is flooded with model edits, but there's some that definitely change things.

Have fun I guess.
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Nov 24, 2012
Thank you very much for that that was very helpful.

But no one is telling me the one thing I need to know and that is what the replayability value is like.

Is DMC 1 - 3 like DMC 4 with no replay value whatsoever or are they like Bayonetta with tons of replay value?

DMC1 is the one I really want to try as it is the game that was made by God er I mean Kamiya and inspired Bayonetta.

Can I ask, Have you tried Bayonetta?

Nice bit of trivia. Here's one for you in the Bayonetta art work book there is a drawing of Enzo playing Poker with Dante.
I've tried Bayonetta but don't own it. Looked like a great game from the demo. As for the DMC games having replay value, they kind of have as you have to win at a high difficulty level to unlock an even crazier one until the difficulty is insane but that depends what kind of gamer you are.
Add a Comment: