Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Best and Worst: Pokemon

:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What's the one thing you like best about Pokemon, and the one thing that irks you to no end?

Selon moi, the best thing is the secrets (or not-so-obvious minutiae) in the games. The Mew Easter Egg, the Week Siblings, Shinies (gen II, anyways. Blew my little kiddie mind.), Treasure at the Bottom of the Sea, the Regi Trio, Pokemon Overworld Bonuses, Rotom's Forms, etc.

The worst thing to me, however, is the concept of EV training. I know it makes you stronger, but the whole thing kinda undermines the concept of what Pokemon was supposed to be. They degrade from "beings" to mere collections of numbers (along with IVs), and numbers is not something I'm willing to sink my time in. I hadn't hear of EV training till Gen IV, and that was when I was accused of doing it by my classmates (in reality, I'm just good at the games, and have been since Pokemon came out I had a Nidoking. Can't go wrong there. :P).

Enough about me though... what about you chaps?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstraviios:
Dislikes: Having to grind for those levels all-over again and again...
:icontsukitotaiou:
TsukiToTaiou Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
the best: the potential there is for the fandom's creation to rock!

the worst: all the thing they're implementing that only work if you have other people to play with. i.e. White Forest >:[
:iconnekoshadow:
nekoshadow Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Best: general fun, nostalgia, the collective concept (gotta catch 'um all!), pokememes, and my favorite dragon types :)

Worst: I agree with EV training. I dont have the patience for it D:
I also wish we could travel between regions, like we did for silver/gold...but at least Black and White 2 let's you fight all the other gym leaders and champions...
...and the anime still just having Ash instead of the main characters we play in the games XD
:iconpurpllamas:
Purpllamas Nov 27, 2012  Student General Artist
Ugh, I wish I'd never heard of EV training. Now all I can think is, "I'm not actually leveling up my Pokemon, I'm just increasing its level and probably battling all the wrong Pokemon so my Pokemon is going to up its stats in all the wrong places."

But man, I love Pokemon. It's just fun.
:iconductilecreations:
DuctileCreations Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
The best: They're all pretty solid RPGs
The worst: They're all basically the same game,. Also the fact that you can't travel to other regions like you could in silver/gold.
:iconlibegon:
Ooh, I didn't know about the Mew thing. Thanks. :D

Best: Getting the newest game around the same time as your friends, so you can sort of compete to get the next badge, delete the Elite 4, stuff like that. Becoming friends with people because of Pokémon is also pretty nice.
Worst: Events, especially real life ones. Now that I have WiFi, I can finally download them, but I wish they were permanent. With real life events, though, I don't really have a chance to get them, seeing as no one cares about Austria and I wouldn't go out to Germany just to get Keldeo.
Kimihro Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I hated missing events... but with strict parents I only attended one, and that was by accident: Momocon was giving away Jirachi or Deoxys.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Best: Fossil Pokemon. They have one based on a frikkin' crinoid! I don't actually like it much, but it's awesome that it's there.

Also Anomalocaris, Archaeopteryx, Microraptor, Xiphosurida, Pterosauria, Ammonoidea. I actually have a plush Archen because it's awesome.

Worst thing: I've never actually owned a game, so I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Kimihro Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
WHAT?!

...oh, well. At least you found something to appreciate.
:iconbullet-magnet:
I've never owned any Nintendo products. I got caught up in the mania in the early naughties, and since then have casually watched from afar.
Add a Comment: