Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 63

Buying a Game Console [PS3 vs XBOX Elite]

:iconjmoa:
JMOA Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Years and years ago, I bought the regular XBOX360. I was unaware of its RRoD syndrome since the past game consoles we have like PSX and PS2 doesn't have any issues AFAIK, the RRoD flashed after a 30 minute play on a hot weather.

Now, I'm choosing between the two, PS3 or XBOX360 Elite.
I'm not sure if Microsoft had learned their lesson from the RRoD case and somehow fixed the problem with the Elite version so I'm still wondering if it's a good pick.

In my place,
PS3 = ≈340USD (Bundled with 10 free games)
X360 Elite = ≈450USD (Bundled with 5 free games / No kinect)

Can anyone suggest which one is better? Any pros and cons with the two? Like system failures (like X360's RRoD or similar case), endurance with heat/temperature etc.

Devious Comments

:iconyashachan:
yashachan Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
OP's request.

:lock:
:icongstevensart:
I've owned 2 XBox 360's and I won't buy another... both had the RRoD. My friend bought an Elite and also has the RRoD! My other friend had 2 and they all had the RRoD! Forget 360. Buy a PS3. Online gameplay is FREE and I have not had any issues!
JMOA Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, they say the Slim version doesn't have RRoD anymore.
:iconcoolcat10189:
PS3. Definitely.
:iconsuitandarmour:
I'd go for ps3. But the n ext gen is coming soon so if i was going for a console i 'd probably get the same as i would for the next gen.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Nov 20, 2012  Student Photographer
If you want free multiplayer, choose the PS3 , if you also have a HD telly, as it will look great on it :)
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
PS3
:iconxanthiran:
I never played any Xbox games so I could not give you a fair revierw of both but I do like my PS3 (and since I do not go into wole console war mindset no I will not say anything bad any other system) so from me for my point view only downside to ps3 is sometimes games they get some of them just not my cup of tea
JMOA Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm not into the console wars either. I just wanted to play and I wanna know both console's durability since my regular xbox360 got RRoD after half a year.
:iconcr43:
Xbox is better media device, but I like my ps3 with free internet no paid account of online content. Both systems are due for a refresh some time next year so bear that in mind, I would get the cheep versions. Are you a fan of Halo or Final Fantasy ? Uncharted or gears of war Games and controls make the difference. I like the ps3 try both out if you can at your local electronic store.. Neighter motion control is very good in my opinion.
Add a Comment: