Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

What do you think about the console wars?

:icontoonzsedaki:
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People all over are arguing and debating about how Xbox is better or PS3, and the upcoming wiiU and how it goes with the dominant consoles.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well...what else are 16 year old boys going to debate about? Politics, Religion, the foundations of our human social structure and all its flaws? :slow:

I witnessed it a lot when I wa sin that general age range. I loved my GameCube (this was during the 00's) and never really shoved it down anyone's throats. But I had one Xbox fan as a friend who just seemed like he couldn't live with knowing I actually preferred playing Super Mario Sunshine over Halo :facepalm: All the cliche excuses for hating a Nintendo console were thrown too, the main one being "It has shit graphics" :roll: Some of us care about things other than that and bitching about graphics is a pretty easy and shallow target if you ask me.

I guarantee the majority of console-bashing comes from males aged 14-18 :shifty:
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I kinda disagree with your age range should be around 12-18, but its the internet. Anyone can be any age.
:iconshinseigo-takashi:
Shinseigo-Takashi Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
It's a conversation starter, but I'm not sure it's as bad as some make it seem. Everyone's entitled to their opinions so it's reasonable that some people like a particular console more than others. So what if some of these people like to argue or defend their choice? =/
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They probably go insane and flame whichever thread that agrees on one console/ whoever favors one more than the other
:iconbugfacegard:
bugfacegard Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Ps3 is my choice but wii u could be great with HD and third party getting a look in.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Artist
Competition is good because it pushes innovation in the hardware. More specifically, it pushes manufactures to use somewhat unconventional architectures and embedded designs that we wouldn't have access to otherwise. For instance, the developments made in the design of the Cell Broadband engine were applied in building the IBM Roadrunner. The fact that PowerPC architectures are used in consoles at all is very interesting in my opinion. I think it's good that there is economic drive for game companies to try these somewhat novel ideas in a bid to get their competition in a cost/image-quality/power war

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that PCs and Consoles are so different in their architectures that it's barely worth even comparing the two. As for comparisons between different consoles... the N64 was the most interesting of them all with MIPS and the RCP microcode :p
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think its just as retarded.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Hilarious
:iconmonstrocker:
Monstrocker Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Its fucking ridiculous :stare: Too bad it'll never end..
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
It's ridiculous. Do people really have nothing better to do than bitch at others about their console preferences? Is it really that important that everyone know they're making a horrible, life-shattering decision if they don't buy console X Y Z? Everyone has their own preferences; people who make a big deal out of it really need to find something more important to argue about. Augh.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
Meh, I don't think there's any 'war' going on. People are going to like what they're going to like and nothing's going to change their minds unless they want to be changed.

I, for one, like them all equally because they each have something that appeals to me:
PlayStation2- because I've owned a PlayStation 1 and all my old games work on the PS2
PlayStation 3- for the same reason as the 2, all my old PS2 games play on it
Wii: because I like the games. I grew up with Nintendo and I've enjoyed it since a child
Xbox360- Halo, 'nuff said
and the WiiU...I have yet to try.

So, really, if I wasn't flat-broke I'd own them all.
I was using the general terminology.Calling it a war, or maybe an intense argument. I dunno :P
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
ah. okay. :)
:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
It needs to stop, seriously. It was funny when companies did it during the SNES/Genesis era, but now it's just become beyond annoying with grown adults argue like 5 year old brats.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it's dumb and the way it polarizes so many gamers actually hurts the industry. And in the end, people end up debating about fuckin' graphics and Frames per Second: nothing to do with how much one should like a game. I know it's a competition, but that doesn't mean everything has to be superior, especially with the lackluster stories and disappointing endings to great series.

Even then, PC is the most versatile. It's not in the wars because it's superior. But console games have a certain charm, and they use that to battle on...
:iconcoolcat10189:
coolcat10189 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
:iconclapplz:
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Err... thank you.
:P
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
It's one of the most ridiculous conflicts to happen over some of the most trivial shit. I place part of the blame on console wars for dividing the gaming community.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Artist
I want it to stop.
:iconairhooves:
Airhooves Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I have a PC, so... I don't even care about these 'wars'.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's something only fat morons do.

It's sad to see so many fat morons on the internet...
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I think it's funny when a discussion on (or boasting of) technical graphics only talks about resolution and frames per second.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
At this point? Its stupid. They're all obsolete, even the Wii-U at launch.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I think its retarded. PC fans have it so easy.
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think it's silly to argue about which console is best when a gaming console is nothing without great games. So rather than argue about which company made a better console, people should focus on which games are better. Or, they could just quit the arguing because there are gonna be good games on all the different consoles :shrug:
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
My opinion can be best described as:
:D
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
Here's what I think when I hear console WAR: Shit eating fantard.
I don't give a shit who you are. A nostalgia whore Nintendrone, Fraghead XBot, Graphic whore Sonydrone, or snobby PC elitist.

I'm not saying being a huge fan of something or disliking something else is wrong, but when you get aggro and actively defend a company/system, and militantly bash not only opposing competition but PEOPLE who enjoy the stuff, you're just a brand dominated social reject who spends too much time with a joystick up your unbathed ass doing nothing else with their time. I hate this fantard crap. Deal with it at school all the time.
And no, I'm not talking about OP or any posters here. Just speaking general.

I just get whatever has quality, consistency, and caters to me. I'll buy a Wii U when I see something actually innovative like Nintendo swears all their games are. Until then, I'll play other games. I haven't been sold on the glorified nPod yet.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
PS3 and eckbacks don't have no PIkmin 3!
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
True,true.
Add a Comment: