Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

What do you think about the console wars?

:icontoonzsedaki:
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People all over are arguing and debating about how Xbox is better or PS3, and the upcoming wiiU and how it goes with the dominant consoles.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well...what else are 16 year old boys going to debate about? Politics, Religion, the foundations of our human social structure and all its flaws? :slow:

I witnessed it a lot when I wa sin that general age range. I loved my GameCube (this was during the 00's) and never really shoved it down anyone's throats. But I had one Xbox fan as a friend who just seemed like he couldn't live with knowing I actually preferred playing Super Mario Sunshine over Halo :facepalm: All the cliche excuses for hating a Nintendo console were thrown too, the main one being "It has shit graphics" :roll: Some of us care about things other than that and bitching about graphics is a pretty easy and shallow target if you ask me.

I guarantee the majority of console-bashing comes from males aged 14-18 :shifty:
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I kinda disagree with your age range should be around 12-18, but its the internet. Anyone can be any age.
:iconshinseigo-takashi:
Shinseigo-Takashi Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
It's a conversation starter, but I'm not sure it's as bad as some make it seem. Everyone's entitled to their opinions so it's reasonable that some people like a particular console more than others. So what if some of these people like to argue or defend their choice? =/
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They probably go insane and flame whichever thread that agrees on one console/ whoever favors one more than the other
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Ps3 is my choice but wii u could be great with HD and third party getting a look in.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Artist
Competition is good because it pushes innovation in the hardware. More specifically, it pushes manufactures to use somewhat unconventional architectures and embedded designs that we wouldn't have access to otherwise. For instance, the developments made in the design of the Cell Broadband engine were applied in building the IBM Roadrunner. The fact that PowerPC architectures are used in consoles at all is very interesting in my opinion. I think it's good that there is economic drive for game companies to try these somewhat novel ideas in a bid to get their competition in a cost/image-quality/power war

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that PCs and Consoles are so different in their architectures that it's barely worth even comparing the two. As for comparisons between different consoles... the N64 was the most interesting of them all with MIPS and the RCP microcode :p
toonzsedaki Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think its just as retarded.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Hilarious
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Its fucking ridiculous :stare: Too bad it'll never end..
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
It's ridiculous. Do people really have nothing better to do than bitch at others about their console preferences? Is it really that important that everyone know they're making a horrible, life-shattering decision if they don't buy console X Y Z? Everyone has their own preferences; people who make a big deal out of it really need to find something more important to argue about. Augh.
Add a Comment: