Make a tough gaming decision

Announce a tough gaming decision you're going through, and we'll all help you resolve it.

Do I buy a Playstation or an xBox? (Already have both, its an example)
Do I stay up all night getting the platinum trophy for Tintin?
Should I play Star Wars Kinect all day or get a real exercise game?
Comments116
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why must developers pressure such ridiculous deadlines, which almost always end in a flop. Question being, should I still recognize darksouls as a good game, despite being one of the most horrid cases of a rush port I've ever seen?
JET SET RADIOOOO!!! got it yesterday, although i was sick as all hell i didn't stop playing :P

so here is my delima do i wait and hope they re-release Jet Set Radio Future or do i purchase an old xbox just so i can play that one game?
I'm conflicted. should I keep on buying games for my iPod Touch & support a company that many gamers say is slowly killing the videogame industry. Even if the games I'm buying are awesome despite being on a touch screen. Or, should I say Screw Apple and steer clear of anything that might contribute to killing off traditional videogames? Bear in mind I'm already steering clear of the casual and Free to play crap.
Get a PC, filthy console peasant.
I have one, but since I don't give a shit about first person shooters or MMOs like the PC masterrace, I never play anything on it.
You should
not go to work
you should
bang on the drum all day
I really, really want to own Halo 4 and be able to play it...but I only have a PS3.

I'm flat-broke so it's not like I can rush out and buy a 360 and even if I had that sort of money, I could probably use it more towards bills and groceries.

Don't really know what to do.

I've already played Halo 4 but only because I mug my brother for his 360 whenever I go over to his place. XD
i'm compleatly lame. but here goes.

i got a ps2. meh... playing Evil Dead something or other.

anyway. i got lost in the woods and it's really dark. i'm horrible at directions. i spent hours backtracking myself and keep geting lost. >_<

should i quit the game, restart the level, or keep playing from the spot i left off?
Have you tried a walkthrough?
.....my first thought was.... "what's the point of playing a game if i have to look up a walk through?!?! >__<"

my second "that....will save me a lot of headaches (and play later levels.)"
Hmm, do i get bio shock infinte cause i loved part two so much. Or do i give it a miss cause they've had alot of trouble and maybe it won't even come out at all.
I finished ACIII, and I want to play ACIII: Liberation as well, but don't own a PSVita. Should I just watch a play-through on Youtube?
Should I buy zombie survival games or wait for the real thing to happen? :)
Lol okay I couldnt think of anything better at the moment :lmao:
Should I play LoL and lose all irl social interactions just to get closer to my boyfriend, or keep enjoying real life friends and have issues with my boyfriend's frequent LoL time?
If you can balance your game time, there's no reason not to play. If you like the game then go for it.

I personally don't like LoL though because I'm not a huge fan of its community.
If I've learned anything from previous relationships, its that MMOs are terrible for them. If I were you, I'd invest your time in drawing, having friends and maybe making some money, instead of paying money to click things.

I guess you'll just have to find value in your alone time, or find a way to make him realise his addiction to the game has messed up his priorities. You sound heaps bitter about it already, really.
Wow.. not the answer I was expecting but exactly the answer I wanted, ahah. Thank you, Matt! o:
Hang in there. I've been through all that and I know exactly how it feels to be ignored in favour of games that are literally endless.

That's why I only play games for their story - so I can finish them and move on with my life. And if they're really good I'll go back and try to get the platinum trophy six months later. And then never have to play them again.
It's a whole different genre of game though. MOBAs are played for the gameplay and teamwork, there is no story at all. Similar to fighting games like Mortal Kombat etc.
Sorry, what's your point, exactly? Because mine was that games without a story are where real social lives go to die. :slow:
My point was that people have different taste in games. Doesn't mean your taste is the only valid one. Also I don't agree with your assertion that it's the games fault, it's all up to the person how they deal with balancing gaming vs other activities.
View all replies
I didn't know you'd had a similar experience... X: And yes, I play games for their story too. Unfortunately, the boyfriend is the opposite. xP He doesn't care for story - he likes playing games with people and just enjoys gameplay. He's clocked over 1200 hours on Team Fortress 2 now. P: In that case, he plays competitively with other NZ players though, so perhaps that's equivalent to playing 1200 hours of netball or something. xD
That just sounds disgusting. I feel guilty playing a game for more than 100. :<