dynasty warriors 7

So this game is going real cheap at my local game store but im still very hesitant on buying It. Im just wondering is the gameplay really as bad people say for this one?. Conquest mode also looks interesting
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've lost track of the series after 5, but I liked the ones I played (except Dynasty Warriors Online which inexplicably had less multiplayer options than the actual numbered entries).
Looking back I think the samurai warriors spinoffs were actaully far better. At least in them you had proper objectives when you were fighting.
I personally own Dynasty Warriors 2, 4 Empires, 4 Xtreme Legends, 5, 6, and 7 and have played 3 at a friend's house

I dislike 6 the most, mainly because it was a sudden change in gameplay. 7 brought back the original gameplay, but introduced a few new upgrade systems. Story / Musou mode has changed so the story is specific to each kingdom, but your character has been set in stone so that reduces the flexibility.

Conquest mode is fun at first, but it becomes extremely tedious and potentially boring if you want to get 100% completion of the game.

All characters can use any weapons, so the attack patterns are all the same. The only difference is the musou attack and a special attack when the character uses their "set" weapon.

The graphics are great, but there's a huge potential for improvement. Overall, it's a good game if you're a fan of the series.
You are not to mention DW6 in this forum!
I barely mentioned it though D: - inserts black void between 5 and 7 -
That's better!
Shhh...no more tears.
Only dreams now.
I gave in and just bought the game anyway. My inner dynasty warriors fan convinced me lol. That said its very much like the last dynasty warriors game I played which is 5. Only this time there a shit lot more weapons and every character has just become a "skin" for me to use. Its still a pretty decent game though
I don't care what people say dynasty warriors games are good, glad you got it big step up from the disappointment of DW6 story mode is awesome, can't wait to DW7empires.
Its a nice change from all these new realistic style games that requires your constant attention and mental energy. Somedays Its just nice to smash your way through thousands of soldiers.

Have you played DW7 extreme legends? I was goingto pick that up instead(same price)but It probably wasnt going to offer as much content as the original
Nope I wanted it but just haven't got it, XL is the expansion of the original it has a feature that you can share with the original, it also has few new characters and play individual character story's, and some other stuff I can't remember, here's the link to the info [link]
I didn't mind it, but it's more of a way to kill time than "damn this is awesome".