R/S/E Remake ?

Gamefreak made a remake of gold and silver , I think we need a remake of R/S/E too ! That would be so awesome :) Who else thinks they should make a remake ?
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't think I've actually played any Pokemon remakes... I've always stuck to the originals :) There will probably be some though :)
Emerald deserves it. As much as I loved Black & White, the region it takes place still didn't come up to par to the gorgeous design of Hoenn. And plus, it has secret bases!
i really hope theres a remake of them ;u;
*crying in the corner*

I'M STILL WAITING ;_____________________________________________________;
I'm playing Pokemon Emerald right now :giggle:

Well, I don't think they should remake it; the graphics were quite perfect. Not like Gold/Silver/Red/Blue/Yellow, and not like Diamond/Pearl/SoulSilver/HeartGold/whatever, pretty in-between.
If they're still going by the "10 years" policy they used for Generations 1 and 2,, then we should have the R/S/E remakes by next year.
I think a remake might be quite good.
Keep ALL the same pokemon, don't add newer ones, but change the way they look a little so they are more up to date and better looking, keep the same soundtrack too but improve the quality. Basically a huge graphical and sound overhaul wil be required but I will definately play it.
As a Pokémon fan, I can't see any way or reason that can warrant a remake of Ruby & Sapphire. :/
I've seen so many remake requests for...

Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Metroid II

...these days.
That's not going to happen. The ruby and sapphire versions were about as complete as they could get: graphics in full color, 2D sprite transformations, updated sound quality and a complete world full of more secrets and locations than anything before it.

On the other hand, the original Game Boy games were almost entirely in black and white, even the gold and silver versions were mostly white with just a few other colors. The overworld sprites were somewhere around 8 pixels big, and the battle sprites were sharp and pixelly. The music was made with square, triangle and sawtooth signals (8-bit music, as it's commonly known). Besides, they were from a time when Pokémon was still popular even among non-gamers, unlike the ruby and sapphire versions. Such classics deserved a remake.

I'm not saying that the Game Boy Advance versions are not great games. In fact, what I'm saying is that they were too good quality to need a remake. The only significant difference between those versions and the ones today is 3D graphics.
I think we have another 4 years until that happens. I'll be playing it when it does, tho.
It will be epic
Actually, Generations 1 and 2 were remade after their games existed for 10 years. If Nintendo keeps that policy, we should have the remakes by next year.
Really? I did not know they were that "old" :D
It will probably happen then :nod:
I would still totally play a remake of the games, whether or not they're coming out! O.O
Except that there is no reason to. The previous two remakes were done because it was impossible to trade anything over while you can still transfer everything from R/S/E over to Black & White 2.
Wait, how do you transfer from R/S/E to Black & White 2?
It is a long process, but it can be done.

Take a DS/DS Lite and transfer said Pokemon from R/S/E to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver then transfer them again to Black 2/White 2 using two DSs (any family) and/or 3DSs (any family.) It cannot be done in any (legal) manner for Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal which were all remade.
Ah. I didn't know that.
I think it's already on the table. There's been a noticeable pattern in remakes and items such as Shoal Salt and Mulch are being brought into the 5th gen games and mechanics. Given the evidence, I'd say it's inevitable. Personally I'd like to see how I fare in the second run with all of the new abilities and mechanic differences there are now. Also it would be the return of the Battle Frontier as it was meant to be, facing Tucker, Lucy and everybody else. I'm personally awaiting it with glee. :dummy:
Mulch was introduced in Gen IV. :B
I stand corrected.
I don't think I'd enjoy a remake, because it'd include the new useless bastards. All I want is the 386 there were. And graphics that are actually worthy of the system the remake would be developed on. With user adjustable camera angles, trainer customization and hookers!
Hmmm....hookers...

:iconthinksexplz:
:iconthinkingplz:
Or what would be more correct is that if Mauville isn't able to keep the gambling parlor, how will they turn profit?