November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 113

Who hates call of duty?

:icondaccomics:
DacComics Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student Artist
I like halo more.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like BOTH! Then I get to enjoy playing both! :D
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
I don't think it's SOOPER DOOPER BEST GAME EVAR, but I don't hate it either. I have genuinely enjoyed playing it, but I wouldn't give it five stars or anything like that.
:iconcaseydecker:
CaseyDecker Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I don't care for "Call Of Duty" at all, since I believe that realism in those kind of games actually kills the creativity of other video games.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've yet to play a CoD that I didn't like.
:iconcheboboh:
Cheboboh Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I used to enjoy COD games, but today they are just shallow little shooters that lose all meaning to me after a week of playing.
:iconeckilsax:
Eckilsax Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Whiny 9 year old kids online ruined it for me. =__=
:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Like BOTH! Then you can enjoy both of them! :D
:icondeathlee28:
DeathLee28 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
i only liked the WW2 ones :/
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Not me. I tend to like it for what it is. Granted I do like Halo more, but I like Half Life, Turok 1, and Serious Sam FAR more.
CoD isn't really something spectacular and the devs know it. It's trigger happy arcade romp with emphasis on rather simple solid gameplay over everything else. It didn't change much from it's conception so there is no reason for me to ask for more. If I did want more, I'd play the games I listed. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see much wrong with the series, however this is strictly the opinion of some faceless furfag on DA so don't take it seriously.
:iconpltnm06ghost:
Pltnm06Ghost Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Pfft, screw CoD. Give me Killer7 and I'll call it a day :B
:iconpictureonprogress:
PictureOnProgress Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's not that I hate Call of Duty... FPS games just ain't my thing :shrug:
:iconloveyou214:
Loveyou214 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I am a strong advocate of Halo, but for some reason Call of Duty has never appealed to me. I do not like in multi-player you can tell where everyone is all the time, or that they can not jump at all. The realism has never been pleasing, I like fantasy style games. CoD will never have the appeal that Halo does
:iconcridgenpal:
CridgenPal Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I have never liked Call of Duty. The whole series is just boring to me. I've grown to dislike it even more in the recent years as I constantly hear morons and 12 year olds brag about their leet sniping skillz and whatnot.

However if I had to say one good thing about it, is that the Nazi Zombies thing was kinda cool when I first played it.
:iconbaseball777:
baseball777 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Omg, don't say that about COD. You guys are n00bs.
:iconmarvelouschester:
MarvelousChester Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I don't hate the series but I don't like the series. Grant I can just mute but there are so many tryhard pre-pubescant children that don't know how to have fun and there is always one major flaw they can never do right, it's either connection or balance. I love Treyarch, I really do but they usually arn't that good at making good connectivity. Planetside 2 just came out so I am enjoying that a lot more than COD, Halo, Killzone, or BF has ever given me.
:iconpasscety:
Passcety Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012   General Artist
It's not a bad game. Maybe because I'd just spin in circles and commit suicide. :P
:icononlyelisha:
onlyelisha Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student General Artist
I don't hate the game, but I hate how it's influenced other franchises that shouldn't be taking influence from a it, like final fantasy and resident evil.

But for shooting games, I've always been more of a Doom/Deus Ex guy.
:icontheblademan235:
TheBladeMan235 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
pokemonz is sooooooooo much bettar guys. stop playing a stupid overrated game. cod sucks and its overrated.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Personally I don't understand why people hate COD as much as they do. Is it because of the fans? Are games and gaming companies really responsible for childish fans?

In actuality it's just a video game and I don't really find it that bad. Nothing special but something that will entertain me for a amount of time.
:iconvivivoovoo:
ViViVooVoo Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't hate it, but I sure love reading all the hate comments.

My thoughts on it though? It was exciting for the first few games, but then it just felt like the same old thing over and over. People like that though. It's like food!
:icongreentofu:
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I liked Modern warfare a lot when it came out , both the single campaign and the multiplayer that I actually played so much that It made my grades fall from A's to D's when I was in High school.

I liked World of War which was released after MW but after Modern warfare 2 I just stopped playing them cause it felt like I was playing the same game but with different maps. To me it felt like playing an Add-on ( or DLC ) and not a brand new game. So I stopped playing after MW2 ( I did get MW3 from a friend though cause I wanted to know the end of the story , ... which was kinda lame but anyways ).

I felt the same way with Assassin's creed revelations , but Happy that Assassin's creed 3 turned out better than expected ... apart from all those glitches ... but hey it's not a bad game.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm not a shooter fan
:iconbenji-0:
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't hate it as such, rather I haven't the slightest intrest in the franchise.

Tf2 has been mentioned alot and is easily one of the greatest multiplayer games ever ever.

Anyone played MAG? It's a ps3 exclusive objective bases fps with up to 256 players. Fun as hell.
Played Mag ( It's free on psn ) I only played a couple of times but it kinda sucks that when you start you're put out with pros when you are a noob. lol.

I prefer TF2 < best multiplayer fps and It's free ( I turned premium cause the game rocks ! spent a lot of my money on it. )
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It does but it's the same with quite a lot, if not most games that the learning curve starts pretty steep because everyone else is awesome and has better gear. didn't find it that hard to get into though.

I love TF2. Also went premium but I haven't spend that much on it.

Who do you play?
Well when I was a noob I played only one class , SPY !!! XD lol.

But then I started to play all class and I got pretty good at all of them ( except soldier and scout ... hate the two of them ).

I'm a pretty good sniper now and support ( engin and medic ) since I only play Payload ( No heroes UK server )

What about you ?
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've mostly play pyro, spy, scout and soldier because I'm quite aggressive but I can play any class bar sniper.

Scout's great! He's so fun to play, very hit and run and I love using the sandman to Bonk people.

I also play quite a lot of Degroot Medieval mode. That stuff is fun as hell.
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'm a killer as pyro and spy in All the modes except for Payload ( playload races though is different ).

Well Scout I just can't ... play as him xD. My aiming is terrible with him.
benji-0 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It helps to aim more by positioning your body and strafing than aiming with the mouse if that makes any sense.

You played spy in Special delivery? Really good map to rock the spy. I like to cloak and go into the spawn entrance behind the rocks, the one you have to jump on tires to get in so when I come out disguised I look like I just spawned.
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I played Spy a few times on SD yeah. Usually it's a mess but yeah I do like to wait until their spawn and then boom. backstab.

I suck at trick stabs though... So I quit being a spy. lol.
(1 Reply)
:icontheleetcasualgamer:
TheLeetCasualGamer Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Fun fact: There are more COD haters then there are COD fans
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
It's pretty good but halo is good also. I think there about the same.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I still have more fun with Goldeneye64. :dummy:

As for modern FPS, Resistance has been my favourite series but fuck knows why. I prefer sci fi to simulation in shooters and I've always disliked Halo. :shrug:
:iconxswordsdance:
xSwordsDance Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I've played CoD once, and found it really hard to control, thus making me return the game. Not to bring up any hate, but I prefer old games over new games :\
:iconsonofcimon:
SonOfCimon Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Call of a Duty was a fun game, even the Cowadooty rehashed for the last 5 years isn't so bad, but it's not the game that's bad, but what it represents. I don't really feel like writing several paragraphs on FPS saturation, so just look at the various high profile game releases over the fast few years that have tried to beat cowadooty by becoming it. Consider what that has done to various other genres that used to thrive.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'll take science fiction over reality any day, thus I perfer Halo over COD.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I hate CoD. A lot. It's more like a money making machine than a game, the community consists largely of screaming children and it's popularity has had an influence on other less popular game series'. Even games that aren't even in the same genre let alone style. The sooner it dies off, the better.
:iconalexapdos:
alexapdos Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Filmographer
I dislike it, though I'm glad it exists. I'd rather not have its awful fanbase potentially infesting any other title I play.
:iconblakjakxxi:
BlakJakXXI Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Looking back, I don't even know why I even liked Call of Duty. I remember getting Modern Warfare 2 because a lot of people played it so I just chose to get it myself. When I played the multiplayer, it was more frustrating than fun for me since I was constantly getting killed for ridiculous reasons and campers. I just stopped after Black Ops, and moved on to Battlefield, and alternated between that and Halo.
:iconblasian89:
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
@Hoggys2much:

lol Nobody's crying here, im laughing at your logic and judgment of a game based solely off of internet memes and user-based numbers downvoted by REAL whining crybabies who aren't mature enough to understand and appreciate endings that aren't "happily ever after." You have the mind of a sheep, you just follow everything the herd does because its "hip" and you're too lazy to form your own opinion. Play the games and then you have every right to call this game shitty, and I will accept your opinion 100%

I have played and beaten the game 4 times now, not once have i ever come across any bugs or glitches so right off the bat this argument holds nothing. Day 1 DLC you don't even need so that argument is also invalid.

Oh and this is gold right here: "Oh and I am not one of the sheep like you who falls for all the bribed reviews from game sites." No, you're just the sheep who follows what everybody else says because it's "hip" to hate on everything and because you don't know jack shit about the game.

Also, I don't judge games based solely off of opinionated, biased reviews and meritless numbers, i actually play the games and judge them with an open mind for myself. Unlike you who just blindly takes what other people say at face value like an ignorant child. My opinions have merit, yours do not. Go back to your Bayonetta game who's sequel got cancelled by the way. Gameplay was good but the story is generic and uninspired. All flash and no substance. It holds absolutely nothing over the Mass Effect universe.
:iconblasian89:
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I like CoD, but I will admit it is getting rather stale (since WAW lol ). But from what I hear, Blops II keeps things a bit fresh. Meh, ill borrow it and see how it is.

I hate people who hate Cod for the sake of hating it even more though.
:icontheycallme-g:
TheyCallMe-G Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't hate it. Just as a game...doesn't really bring anything new to me. MW2 and MW3 were pretty much the same in my opinion. Black Ops had Zombie Mode along with World At War. I've been a Halo guy and I prefer the controls of Halo over CoD. I've played MW2 last and that was it. I only play for the story and achievements. Don't hate it, just don't prefer it.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I pick up old ones from the bargain bin for the Wii whenever I feel like shooting stuff for an afternoon.

Other than that, meh.
:iconphantasmastriker:
PhantasmaStriker Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Its more of a meh to me. It's an overrated game, nothing really noteworthy about it.
:iconblankcanvas26:
BlankCanvas26 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why bother spending time hating games when you can spend more time focusing on ones you like.
:iconmisterkhact:
MisterKhact Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Red Orchestra
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Can't wait for the inevitable fantard wars between Halo and CoD when VGA choose CoD as the usual winner. :bucktooth:
:iconvic-viper-001:
vic-viper-001 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I won't hate on it since I've never played a COD game before... but I've seen what it can do. It turns normal everyday people into foul-mouthed overly-angry sociopaths. I want no part of that.
:iconmagicmoonbird:
MagicMoonBird Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Never played it, so I cant hate it :lmao:...although I hear lots of people taking about the annoying "CoD kids" ....but yeah I dont know what that means :XD:
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I harbor no hatred for the CoD series, I just don't care for it. Then again, I don't play FPS games for the most part. Halo being one of the very few exceptions(I don't even remember any other examples right now, so maybe that is the only ones).
Add a Comment: