Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

A S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO

:iconcommanderhavoc:
commanderhavoc Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Believe it or not, there's actually a MMO third person shooter of the popular S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
It seems to place much later in the game's universe as the plot described on the game's website suggests that what happened in Chernobyl was only the beginning.
Now there seems to be Zones all over the world, all of which are extremely dangerous to venture into if you're not properly equipped as well as featuring strange anomalies that range from gravity being messed up to time and space being twisted.
Unlike the offical games that were made by GSC, this actually features a RPG system where you can invest points in skills and such.
However, equipment is still a very VERY important aspect of the game as you start off with nothing but a hoodie jacket just outside of a Zone enterance.
From what I can gather, it seems you can get into the Zone by two ways.
One, you help the military personal at the checkpoint with various tasks and they'll let you inside after you've completed enough tasks or two, you could just try and sneak by them.
There's also a jail in the game where you're thrown in if you kill other players, there you can either work for a prison NPC or just try and escape by killing all the guards.
The game is originally from Russia and it still has a few untranslated parts as well as sentenaces that don't exactly sound too good when you read them.
Otherwise this is an interesting game that might actually do well if the translation is handled properly along with fixing any potential bugs and such
And here's the game's website:
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcajunattack:
cajunattack Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional General Artist
I'd heard this was pants and not worth the effort,
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I'd... rather have a STALKER 4.
:iconfolji:
Folji Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I smell lawsuit potential if they're trying to build off of the actual STALKER franchise. GSC are basically doing the same thing themselves, anyway, with their new Vostok studio and the STALKER-inspired Survarium that's sat to come out in a year's time.
Add a Comment: