Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Anyone got the new tales of graces and what did they think of it.

:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
So i bought Tales of Graces and haven't played it yet cause i'm trying to finish FF XIII-2. But i may paly it soon.

How did you find it and would you buy another tales game after it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconauralwhiplash:
auralwhiplash Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I enjoyed the gameplay and battle style, but the cooking - yes, the cooking - put me off. I preferred the cooking style/layout from Tales of Symphonia.
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Cool, i enjoyed the cooking in Alteir Rorona so maybe i will like it. Maybe i'll play it soon.Thanks.
:icondelicaterosebud:
DelicateRosebud Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've been a Tales fan since I was a kid, so I had high hopes for Tales of Graces. However, I must honestly say that it's probably the worst Tales game. The plot was laughable, and the only character I found interesting was Sophie.

Skip Graces, play the other Tales games.
Ok thanks, alot of people are telling me thay didn't like it so i'm alittle causious now.
:iconsapphire-petal:
Sapphire-Petal Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Honestly, while I didn't think it was bad, I didn't think it was great either- I thought it was just okay.

While the graphics and gameplay were good, I think the major downfall was the story. Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, and Vesperia had GREAT stories, ones that made the FF games that are constantly praised (7, 8, & 10) look shallow in comparison. The story really wasn't anything special. The characters weren't anything great either. I'll admit that I did really like Sophie, but Asbel and Richard were kind of "eh". Which is extremely disappointing for me, because I usually always liked the Tales protagonists. Yuri, Lloyd, and Luke are some of my favorite video game characters, so it disappointed me when I saw that Asbel was just so... so BLAND. He might as well should have been named "Gary Stu".

However, it is fun to play- while it's not a masterpiece by any means, it's still a fun game- I don't regret all the hours I wasted on Graces. I just wouldn't pick Graces as game to be introduced to the Tales series. Symphonia, Abyss, or Vesperia would be a better choice as someone's first Tales game.
Hmm, ok thankyou. icouldn't get Vesperia cause i have a ps3 though i did hear it came out.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
I got the game and I found it a big let down the characters are really boring so much so you can't even get into the story and the gameplay is somewhat boring being an action RPG and the graphics are also very bad all in all I do not have one good thing to say about the game. I am going to sell my copy once the game becomes a collectible.
Yeah i've been hearing that people didn't like it. It did get a reasonable score.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Maybe it was just a bad game in the series but I am still kind of skeptical.
Yeah maybe.
Add a Comment: