Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

The worst ever free to play game you ever played?

:iconcommanderhavoc:
Here in this thread, we can talk about what we think are some of the worst free to play games out there.
I'll start off here with some of what I consider the worst to date.

1: Combat Arms
This free to play FPS may be old, but it sure as heck haven't aged well over the years.
It may have millions of players, but its anti hacking and cheating program is a joke, almost every match has atleast one player using a hack or cheat that gives him or her unlimited health or 100 % accuracy with a sniper rifle without scoping.
But another really bad part of the game is the fact that none of the guns in its otherwise quite impressive weapons store can't be bought for good unless you buy LOTS of Nexon's special currency and most of these guns are overpowered and can basically break the game.

2: District 187
Its a fairly recent free to play shooter, but its already left a bad taste in my mouth.
The idea seemed interesting, it takes place in the near future where there's been some sort of economic collapse and basically gangs run rampant with only the SWAT teams left to defend society from them.
However, when I got to play the closed beta, I was less then impressed.
The voice acting sounded terrible, even by free to play standards, and it generally doesn't feel like that much effort went into the game.
A lot of players are already saying that the game will die off in a few months because of its all too numerous problems.

3: Face of Mankind
This seemed like an interesting 3D MMORPG set in the future.
However, when I played the game, it didn't feel that impressive.
Not to mention, I almost instantly got harrased by other players who kept killing me for no reason at all.
And this game actually has permadeath in the form of a limited number of clones that you have, this is the future after all, when you run out, its over and you have to create a new character from scratch.
And like I said, it seemed interesting, but it isn't handled very well.

4: Wolf Team
When I first heard of this MMOFPS, I was quite intrigued.
The idea is that instead of just simply being soldiers, you are able to transform into dangerous werewolves that can maul the humans quite easily.
However, the game turned out to be quite a mess and it has the same problems as Combat Arms, not very good protection against hackers and cheaters and a cashshop that can completely throw the game off balance.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfrutah:
All the F2P MMOs.

By the way, do we have a thread for best free to play games? I'd be more interested in that.
:iconfirstxaidxkit:
FIRSTxAIDxKIT Nov 11, 2012  Student Interface Designer
When I was little, I used to LOVE the Age of Empires games, so I was naturally very excited when AoE: Online came out. And then I realized they butchered it horribly by first of all making the gameplay dumbed down, graphics were cartoony and childish, and it was more of a "pay-to-win" than a ftp. :stare:
:iconsilentcicada:
SilentCicada Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Pokemon Black and Blue.
[link]

Fuck you, PETA. Fuck you.
:icontokyov:
That's exactly what I was going to post.
:iconcommanderhavoc:
Sorry, but that doesn't count as the Pokemon games are buy to play games and parody games don't count either.
:iconsilentcicada:
SilentCicada Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe you should be more specific, as it is a horrible free-to-play game. It met the requirements put forth by thee, o mighty one.
:iconcloneddragon:
cloneddragon Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
dood, CA was the shit back when it was in beta. turned to shit though once it left. got perma banned twice with out reason despite the fact that i never hacked and never cheated. (had an amazing K/D for a non hacker, 5/1) have to say its officially at the bottom of my list for F2P games.

Battlefield Heroes was an amazing game, until the "Uber update" that broke all balance of the title making it effectively a pay to win game.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Nov 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Maplestory!

:iconwoooplz:
:iconsolodarkness55:
SoloDarkness55 Nov 10, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I gotta agree with you. I played MapleStory for about a day and I already got bored with it. :shrug:
Add a Comment: