Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 44

Is persona 4 and FF X worth a vita

:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Hey is persona 4 and Final Fantasy X HD worth getting a vita for and i've never played persona.

Wouldn't mind one for christmas.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontakoto:
Takoto Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
It's totally worth it for Persona 4: Golden. Persona 4 was probably the best JRPG I've ever played, very solid game play, great story, amazing characters, music and art, and the Vita version only adds more to what was an already great game. c:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Ok, cool. I never played any persona game so thanks.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Persona 4 is one of the best RPGs ever made, but if anything you can just get a PS2 and the original game for a lot cheaper. The Vita library is very limited, so I would think twice about it.

Then again, I want a Vita just so that I could buy Persona 4, because I already played the original and now I want all of the little extras.
It's just a pity they stopped developing for the PS2. Iwould also love to play FFX HD cause i never have played that.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
If you already have those games, then no. You shouldn't buy a system for games that are essentially director's cuts. However if want other reasons to buy it, there's Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Little Big Planet PS Vita, and Rayman Origins (again if you don't have it on other systems).
Haven't got those games or ever played them so it's a tough choice.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I think you'd be better off with a PS2.
Hmm, just a pity thay no longer develop for it where as Vita still has titles coming.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I think in context that he means that unless there's other games you want on vita, both those games are on ps2. So you'd be getting it just to play a few old games you want for cheaper.

If you expect the vita to have more games in the future you'll play then that's different.
Yep, can't be sure.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
I would shit on this thread with my negative opinion on both of these franchises, but I won't. I DO own a Vita and I can say that it doesn't have a lot of games because 3rd party devs don't want to risk developing for it. I can't remember the reason why. I think because of all of Sony's proprietary bullshit riddled throughout the system.

So if you're the person who doesn't believe in "killer apps", games you buy a system for because you KNOW 100% you'll love it and play it all the time, do not purchase the system. I bought a Vita day one because I'm a die hard WipEout fan and I still play my copy of WipEout 2048 more than my Wii and 3DS combined. It's still the only I've had since February 22nd, the launch date. Never gets old. Only buy a Vita if you will play those games relentlessly.
Yeah i'd really have to get alot out of them cause i might be waiting a while for other titles.
I kind of wish the platform got some arcade shooters like Akai Katana or a new Gradius. But, you know how companies are today.
Hmmm! Graduis sounds like a game i used to play along time ago, like Rygar,Heavy Unit, Hell Fire I II II and i'll chuck in the arcade R -Type for the hell of it.
R-Type is boss money. I have about 132 hours on R-Type Final. Irem gracefully let the main series die though.
I only ever played it on the Master System and the arcade
I'm a die hard shooter fanatic. I've played all of them. Beaten most. Fun, fun, fun. :3
Yeah, i loved shooter's i can remember Sagia i think too.
(1 Reply)
:icongreentofu:
greentofu Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I gave up the idea of buying a vita cause of it's game library. But it's prolly gonna expand. Kinda like how the psp started. Ended up with a couple of descent game at the end.
Yeah like Tatics Ogre and FF Tactics but i am not sure it will suffice, hard position to be in.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Persona 4 is, but I'm not so sure FFX is.

Honestly, getting a PS2 and getting at least one of those games together is probably much cheaper than buying Vita itself. :shrug:
At least one? :confused: Don't you mean both? All that shit together will still be way cheaper than a vita and games.
Well, I dunno how cheap Persona is nowadays, so... :shrug:

But yeah, it's still cheaper than the Vita.
It's like $18. D: IT's not some uber rare SNES rpg.
Oh, it's that cheap is it? :wow: I thought it was like... out of print or something. :lol: Ah well.
Yeah i've been tempted to get a ps2 for 60$ and play all the Final Fantasy's i missed and track persona down. Hopefully vita can expand it's library.
Yeah, it ain't looking too good for the poor thing. :hmm:
Yeah, the psp only ever had a couple of titles i would have played and same for the Vita. They could totally smash it with the engine it has.
They could, couldn't they? And yet...
Two games is hardly worth a whole system. But ffx is reasonable. And persona 4 is one of the best rpgs ever made, give or take.
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Depends on the games. :D
The system I mean. So that it didn't cost all that much to play.
...Of course, if I didn't intend to play anything else, I could sell it back used on amazon after playing it. :P So I win anyways.
Well, more it depends on how many other games one intends to get. If someone says they had a few MAIN reasons to get something, but would get others, that obviously makes sense. But I know some people who literally got dses, psps and wiis and clocked out with like 3-4 (and some of them unplayed) games for each of them because they simply didn't consider them systems worth looking any further into.

I know one person who got a ds SOLELY for dawn of sorrow. He didn't even halfassedly play anything else on it except a few times multiplayer. He also got a psp for like one game.

Of course, he had rich relatives who bought him shit so in context it's not like it costed HIM anything. But it's still a bit wasteful.

...To be fair, if I didn't know anyone who had one, I might have gotten a 3ds even if all that might come out for it that I really wanted was SMTIV. :P but you can't NOT play SMTIV.
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You're talking to someone who tends to get every console because of one game. XD

Though I do tend to check news and blogs to find other games worth buying and trying. Normally ends with a whole bunch of games per console of which I haven't played through half. ^^'' (RPGs are just too long, somtimes).

@Dawn of Sorrow: The Castlevania? Ok, that's something I can understand though I guess the buyer was rather disappointed by it. Seriously, the game is not half as good as Aria of Sorrow.

(*cough* Sorry, fan is talking. Ignore me)
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well yes. We had clocked in staggering time with aria of sorrow. Dawn was slightly less, but perhaps that was merely because we had done so much of a like thing already.
That and it was too easy to get a shitload of money. I mean, castlevania is not supposed to leave you filthy rich by the time the credit rolls. :D

At least it did had some souls that were quite fun to get. Remember the Yeti that had to be attracted with Curry and the killed with the Beam of Genoth? :D
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yes. Even better is when you use the glitch to appear in a random place, and then get to play the rest of the game out of order.

Dawn of sorrow was better than aria with that though. Since in that, you got an extra bat wings you got to keep forever. So you could play it in ANY order.
The one with the backstep while slashing with the dagger? I think I saw a walkthrough where someone played through the game in 30 minutes thanks to that glitch. :D

Hm... I played through Aria quite a few times, but I never felt like replaying Dawn. So, I guess for me Aria is still the better one. :D But that's a matter of opinion.
Yeah thats my situation how to weigh it up.Thanks.
Add a Comment: