What pokemon starter should i chose?

hi Deviants! im going to start pokemon platinum and i have no idea which starter to pick! i've done some research on moves stats and all of that but they all look so epic! im thinking about chimchar but i could do with some advice...
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I prefer Turtwig because:
1) High Attack and Defense despite loss of Speed
2) It can use recovery abitlities such as Synethsis and Mega Drain
3) Strong dual atttacks like Eathquake and Rock Slide
Overall - He's a tank good for withstanding long batles, either on WiFi or just Battle Frontier in genral
Just go with what you enjoy. People can't tell you what -you- enjoy.
i always choose the fire starter.
No matter what I always pick a fire pokemon as my starter. Even if that's weird it's just how I am. I only use about four or five pokemon for the whole game.
lol you sound like me!
The starter or how I play the game or both if you like.
I went with Piplup in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I hate monkeys and Turtwig was boring ;;
I always go with fire types, in Pearl I picked Chimchar :)
I would answer if it was one of the first 3 gens, but I cannot tell anything for 4th and 5th gen since I hate them anyway :P
fair play... i don't like 5th gen but 4th gen's my favorite! and i like all of the others aswell!
4th is actually okay, but I can't stand some pokemon's design.
Though I start kind of liking 5th gen since I started playing Black 2
lol i think i might have to get white 2 then because A: you can get riolu early one in the game B: i hate 5th gen and if it makes me like them more im all for it!
Yeah, when I saw Riolu in the Ranch, I jumped on him.
5th gen problem are that some pokemon designs are... lazy. Like that trash bag pokemon, really...
But Black 2 and White 2 do have a lot of pokemons from older gen, so it kind of compensate the problem.
cool! and i know... i like the zoura line but thats it...
I would go with Piplup ^_^
from what i have so far im most likely to use chimchar because i like the hit fast and hard types... if chimchar didn't exist i would go for piplup cause there cute!
I chose Piplup on Diamond, and used him through to the end, but on Pearl, Chimchar kicked ass. I was trying to make an entire PMD-L team, so I got a female shiny chimchar and named her Melody, and accidentally captured a shiny Arceus who I just used now and then in case Melody died (It was a low level anyway). I only used Melody until I was able to get a Roselia that I could evolve into Roserade, a female Pichu who I evolved into a Pikachu and named Alice and gather the rest of my team (Shuppet named Ebony, a Nincada and a male Riolu named Aaron who knew explosion).

But try to do a lot of training before the first gym and evolve it into Monferno. Because that should get rid of most of the weakness to rock types. And you should even have some good fighting-type moves by then.
ok thanks for the advice!
Welkcome! Excuse typos ^^; anyway who did you pick, accidentally deleted journal ^^;