righting wrongs

what if bad games were given reboots but done right?

what if nintendo took the initiative to redo the zelda CD-i games?

what if every game company righted their wrongs?

lets pretend this IS happening now, what would you expect of these game's reboots and what do you think their companies would improve upon? you can change the game to be anything you want even, a first person shooter into a sports game, an action game into a puzzler.

let's have fun with this one and see what we can make
Comments34
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sonic 2006 if it were its own game. Not a sonic game but its OWN game in its OWN universe with it OWN characters. Like most games should be. Or it could be a actual 3D remake of the sonic the hedgehog genesis edition.
Sonic 2006 would have been AMAZING. Possibly. If they changed the plot a bit as well. Well, a lot.
Um, can you make a good game out of Sonic Labyrinth?
sorry my cpu died on me

but that's up to you what would you like to see from a game that was shitty in your eyes?

if it were being remade, how Would you improve it? how would you change it?

would it be the game play? the style of art? the genre? or all three? what would you see as the best improvements on crappy games, you don't have to be serious about it either, hell turn zelda CDi into a cart racer or a wii fit game if you want, just be sure to ellaborate with your friends, why else have fun?
Are you saying that Soul Calibur IV and Soul Calibur V could have actually been good fighting games?
sorry my cpu died on me

but that's up to you what would you like to see from a game that was shitty in your eyes?

would it be the game play? the style of art? the genre? or all three? what would you see as the best improvements on crappy games, you don't have to be serious about it either, hell turn zelda CDi into a cart racer or a wii fit game if you want, just be sure to elaborate with your friends, why else have fun?
They both had terrible gameplay that was slow and shallower than a puddle, little to no content, pointless guest characters that did not fit well, most of the newer characters suck. Simply put, they should have been more like the first two Soul Calibur and not being horrific button mashers. Namco hasn't made a good fighting game since Tekken 5.
But then what would we mock as so to make a comparison to what's good and what's bad?
sorry my cpu died on me

not the point!!

think of a game you really wanted to be good then completely dissapointed by it because one or many flaws

and the point was, though games that are bad are left in the dust, they still have amazing potential, my question is how would you have improved it? you don't even have to be serious and say you'd change it into a racer, even if that would be a bad idea at least its an idea, and i wanted people to elaborate on those thoughts
The mediocre would become the new bad.

Kinda happened already what with 7/10 being average for video game ratings.
Huh, suppose you're right.
<c-c-c-combo breaker>
But the Zelda CD-i games were hilarious because they were so shitty! :iconmahboiplz::iconorelseyouwilldieplz::iconkingdinnerplz::iconsureisboringplz: I mean, have you seen the memes on youtube??
Are you saying that Skyward Sword could've been something other than complete rubbish?
sorry my cpu died on me

would it be the game play? the style of art? the genre? or all three? what would you see as the best improvements on crappy games, you don't have to be serious about it either, hell turn zelda CDi into a cart racer or a wii fit game if you want, just be sure to ellaborate with your friends, why else have fun?
It's strange, really. The only thing decent about the game in general was the music (And even then...), so I'd like to see just about everything changed about the game. :shrug: It's an essay in itself, to be honest.
Zelda meets Dark Souls

anyone?

:(
I actually even had a written up game design idea along the lines of that. One of the key things would be that that the player's health bar was also their primary weapon.
Okay, I may be a blind fanboy when it comes to Zelda ending up thinking almost any Zelda is awesome, but that is a thing that needs to exist.

...then again, I am also a Demon's Souls fanboy, so maybe there is the problem.
I want this.
Like... now.
So I wasn't the only one who thought that'd be a winning combination?
Are you saying that Superman64 could be all I've ever wanted it to be and more?
sorry my cpu died on me