Details

Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 53
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
So, for those who have played or are still playing, what do you think?

I just finished playing the game and I have to say, despite a few minor inconsistencies, I liked it and think it wrapped things up for pretty nicely...for now. ;)

It was nice to see the more human side of Master Chief and the Legendary ending wasn't much, but it's a confirmation of a real man of flesh and blood under that armour; someone who's been through Hell and back countless times and wears the scars to prove it. They may have only shown [SPOILER] his eyes, but they told volumes; they really are the window to the soul.

I'm not one to shed a tear easily, but having recently lost a couple of people close to my heart also, I have to say I felt for John and that scene where he's staring at the Earth from the deck got me...I've been there, I know.

But, good game in my opinion and I look forward to seeing what's next.
:rose:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Besides HOW AMAZING THIS GAME WAS! I only have one qualm about it, started a forum about it.

[link]
:iconthecobaltocean:
TheCobaltOcean Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I almost shed a manly tear. Finished it about 4am on the morning of the 7th/8th - Tragic, tragic stuff. I had all the faith that 343i would deliver, and by god they did :D

One thing I was worried about with Halo 4 though was that it was going to make the other authors (Greg Bear, Karen Traviss) have to change their plans or original ideas to match it. I think that's what might have happened seeing the Terminals and reading Halo: Cryptum and Primordium. Still, it was great stuff :)
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
This is literally the most beautiful game I have ever seen. I haven't stopped and marveled at anything in a game since Metroid Prime. I don't who was in charge of art design, but she/he's on a higher plane of thought.
:iconblasian89:
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I actually stopped liking Halo since Halo 3 ( didnt hate them just got bored and tired of them), but Halo 4 made me fall in love with the series again, I loved every minute of it.

Also, Red vs Blue easter eggs, how awesome is that? Even Bungie didn't do that lol
:iconthecobaltocean:
TheCobaltOcean Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Actually, I think Bungie did in Halo 3 :D
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
^-^ Cool.

I know! I luv Red vs Blue so it was so cool to see the Eggs in the game. :)
:icongfsa3:
GFSA3 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Best Halo yet in my opinion, too bad on weekends the multiplayer is flooded with 13 year olds though. Overall still enjoyed it though (a lot more than I've enjoyed any CoD games).
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
I have played through it once and the fears I had for the game is gone. I am not going to try to list the (main) Halo games in a list from best to worst, but I really enjoyed the experience of Halo 4. It tied rather well into the original trilogy IMO.
:iconcakeslayer:
CakeSlayer Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Half way through the campaign and I am loving it all at the minute, I think I am gonna have to buy the books just to fill in some more info about Forerunners. The multipayer isn't too bad either but it ain't no Halo 3.
As for the pre-order bonus' were they exclusive or can they be unlocked in the game?
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional General Artist
As far as I'm aware, most of the bonuses can still be unlocked in the game...but don't take my word for it.
CakeSlayer Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Okay cool, thanks!
:icontexd:
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Yeah the terminals in game have quite a bit of decent backstory, I hear cries about the single player not being the best but I for one found Halo 2 and 3 to have mediocre single players, I'm really impressed, though it's a shame the point scoring in single player isn't there :(
CakeSlayer Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Yeah, I have found like 2 terminals so far, gonna do another campaignr un to find them all. I have heard mixed feelings about the campiagn itself, some said they loved it, others saying it was bad. Personally I am liking it so far.
The scoring system always made things soo much more competitive! I can't laugh at my brother when I have more points than him unless we do online now :(
Another thing is that they have given us all the skulls I liked it in Halo 3 were you had to go hut them down, I was hoping they didn't give them all like they did in Reach and ODST but they did. :/
:iconbolainmarsh1:
bolainmarsh1 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
They probably mean things like hard drive requirements, controllers, etc. All Xbox games have things like that listed on the back in green and orange.

I really hope it comes to the PC in a few years, though.
:iconhellsing-order:
Hellsing-Order Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes. I competed the story. I cried. I admit it. THERE YA HAPPY?

*inhales* ok I'm good. I think it's the best story from the halo franchise I have played yet. Not to mention I never had a cruch for a second on an AI. ;) JK But needless to say I loved Cortana in this game than the others for some reason.
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional General Artist
Don't feel bad, twas a tear-jerker for me too. XD
:icontheycallme-g:
TheyCallMe-G Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'm still playing it, I started playing it around midnight and couldn't stop until 4am lol. I'm that intrigued with it. The prometheons offer something new to the gameplay besides the covies. I can't wait to play more of it today.
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I'm incredibly impressed with it, aside from a few blips in the story and some annoying achievements, I already like it far better than I did Halo 3 and Reach ( I found Halo 3 disappointing)
:iconmichaelthepure:
MichaelthePure Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't played Halo 4 yet, but after playing past Halo's, I reckon it's awesome.
And I believe that Halo is actually the best game series in history [really]
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional General Artist
I agree entirely. :)
:icongvcspecks:
gvcspecks Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
i can't help but think spartans don't look like spartans anymore, they look more like the people from crysis now and the unlockable armour seems to have less variation.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
How long is it compared to halo 3, thinking of asking for it for christmas
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Roughly the same, if not a bit longer...really matters how long it takes you to play through the missions.
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
I haven't played it, so I've got two questions:
1) Are all the good maps locked like in Reach?
2) Is there a Forge World type map?
#1) Depends on your own idea of what's a 'good map'; I found some that were available, not locked, and then some that were...but then that's just my opinion. Yours could be different. :shrug:

#2) And yes, there's a Forge World map.
:iconshadow2k:
shadow2k Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Still playing it. Between work and life, I haven't had much time to devote to it (despite getting it on launch day) but so far I'm impressed. I've probably played about three or four hours, but the story has sucked me right in. I want to know what happens to Cortana. I get the feeling there's bigger, more important stuff in the story, but I'm working on my own story with an AI right now so it's kind of a point of interest for me to see how they handle it.
Cool, I'd be interested to see your story when it's finished. :)
:iconchris000:
Chris000 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I loved, it especially [SPOILER] Finally seeing the Didact and the Librarian. I've had thoughts that they were Human-like, but they still appeared very much alien. The Didact's voice, anger and his ever-present scowl made me really despise him and respect him as a character. I hope they aren't done with him. I think that THIS Didact is the original Didact and not the one that merged with Bornstellar in Cryptum. It was also great seeing the difference of rates in Forerunner society. Lifeworkers were graceful and had devices to help them move, whereas the Warrior-Servant was very bulky and intimidating. But Geeez, the Composer[SPOILER]

I'm working my way into the multiplayer now and played a couple rounds of Spartan Ops. I'm ready for more. You've got me hooked, 343! Now take me on a journey again!
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
So what do you reckon? It's all set up for the Flood returning in 5?
Chris000 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
well, that's an interesting question, since I still look at the line 'An Ancient Evil Awakens'. Call me crazy, but I still think that there's something worse than the Flood out there. And I for one do not believe the Didact is dead.
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I don't think he's dead either but all the Terminals, as well as the Composer itself still keeps the Flood in the frame, we've definitely not seen the last of the Prometheans, I wouldn't want the Flood to take centre stage again as the enemy but then again, it's all being set up for them to be the ''Big Bad''
Chris000 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I actually think it might be the Precursors, since it's implied that the Flood may be a biological weapon crafted by them to test who got the Mantle.

I agree though that the Prometheans are not done for either. At least the Composer was taken care of though. So no more danger from that.
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I've not really read any of the extended media so I only having a glancing knowledge of the precursors, at the same time I don't want to read any of the media in case of retconning (which I believe they did with Halo Reach)
Chris000 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well, that's OK, because even with the stories, you only get an inkling of what they were capable of. Virtually unbreakable buildings, things called Unbending Filiamnents, and all of this was put together with something called neural engineering (the logical extent of mind over matter). Since the Halo array attacked anything with a nervous system, everything they ever build just crumbled away. Unless of course, their artifacts were preserved by a shield of some sort or if they were out of range...

I don't foresee a retcon since there is a lack of information. This may add to the already extensive canon as is.
TeXD Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I confess also, I normally don't get emotionally involved in videogames but I did feel like a ping in my heart at the way the Chief shouts for Cortana at the point in the end mission.
Sweet.

Yes, I was impressed and they revealed allot in this game that had previously gone unshown in the series so far and it was refreshing.
Flagged as Spam
I disagree with that. Spartan Ops plays nothing like Special Ops. Special Ops are a series of missions that are NOT connected to each other in any way and are made with over-the top variety, whereas Spartan Ops is a continuation of the Campaign in a very direct way that releases in Episodic ways every single week with fully rendered cutscenes, have named characters, an overlapping storyline, as well as four people all the time.

The only thing Spartan Ops and Special Ops share is the 'Ops'
Yes, I could see the clear differences in the graphics and game play, it wasn't a Bungie game...but I still liked it. :)

Oh yes, I got choked up when Cortana died, but I think only because I've also lost a couple of people close to my heart recently, so it was like I knew what Chief felt. It was spooky-similar, anyway.
:iconv8arwing67:
V8Arwing67 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have yet to play more of the Campaign mode, but from what I've played, this has one of the best stories of any Halo game, aside from ODST and Reach. I like how it brings up the struggle between machines and humanity. Its a ride so far! :faint:

As for the multiplayer, I'll come back to that after playing it for at least a day or so. ^^
I remember 343 saying they'd be exploring Chief's human side for a change and I liked what they did; I'm hoping they delve deeper into his mind with the new few games...and find a way to revive Cortana somehow, seeing him broken-hearted like that is just too much! :cries:
V8Arwing67 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I could have used some spoiler alerts, I haven't completed Campaign yet. XD

Anyways, I agree, and I have a feeling that this might make Halo one of the best series out there again, seeing as it refreshed itself with 4. ^^
Oops! Geeze, sorry about that.
But,believe me, me telling it and actually seeing it are going to be two different things. :)

Yes, I agree. I play allot of games and Halo is one that stands out, especially now with 4.
V8Arwing67 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, I'll have to try and beat it now. XD

Also, thats good to know.^_^
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I definitely want to give this game a try.
It's worth it, I think.
:iconsurvivalise:
Survivalise Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Photographer
I just wish there was a large open map in Forge to cater for ANY game type, and also the option to give the infected some weapons, rather than their mutilated arm sword.

Other than that, it's really good from what I've played so far, only done the 1st mission on Legendary, solo and co-op but I have played around 4 hours of War Games :)
From what I hear, there are either Custom options for Infected weapons in there, or they will be patched in in the near future. Don't give your hopes up!
An armour option and more weapons for infected would be awesome! It'd be like creating your own mutant!

And yah, that's what I like so much about the Halo series, there's still so much to play after the main story's finished and even after endless-hours there's still more to do!
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
From what I've seen and heard, it seems like 343 Industries have done a really awesome job taking over the series. They may well do a better job taking it forward than Bungie themselves did. Also, is the villain who I think it is? :stare:
Add a Comment: