Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Assassin's Creed III SPOILER TALK

:iconpillowofdarkness:
PILLOWOFDARKNESS Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I just beat AC3 a few minutes ago and got p*ssed at Ubisoft for leaving yet another cliffhanger in the franchise. :fork: If you've beaten the game and have any predictions for AC4, thoughts or gripes (WITH THE STORY, NOT THE GAME PLAY)feel free to share them.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconadrawingofsomething:
adrawingofsomething Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I was also ticked at the ending. Honestly, it reminded me of the original Mass Effect 3 endings except this time you weren't given a choice; either way Humanity is forced to reset itself. I was hoping after giving Desmond a more heroic role and more play-time, and all that experience from Altair, Ezio, and Connor that he could become the ultimate Assassin to face his destiny.
:iconkandorsknight:
KandorsKnight Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Desmond's ending was too quick.
And, to be honest, I failed to notice an ending with Connor.
:iconbluejingoart:
BlueJingoArt Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I don't think it ties up anything at all. I imagine the next games would have something to do with Minerva's actions after Desmond dies, but at the same time I'd also like to see some more of Altair....

:iconn0vaxis:
N0VAXIS Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh my... sorry for the accidental double-post there.
It's definitely a cliffhanger, that's for sure. As ~laughinguy said, the ending scene was certainly very anti-climatic. I was expecting something much, much bigger. Something that would make me have to pick my jaw up off the ground as the credits rolled.
What will Juno do now? Did Desmond really die? Where is Desmond's dad, Rebecca and Shaun - and what are they doing about this? Plenty of questions. I believe Ubisoft themselves said that this was the end of Desmond's story, but they never said it was the end of the series. Perhaps we'll find out that Desmond's father was an assassin as well and go through the story of his ancestors? Or maybe we'll get to hear more about Subject 16's life? Like, since Vidic is dead, perhaps we'll more easily be able to obtain more information or data on 16's memories and such. I think it would be cool to have a separate branch from the game dedicated to him, because I'm actually very interested to learn more about that guy.

But I would also love to see more of Connor, even though I know that'll probably never happen. I mean, Ezio got three games all to himself, with little bits of Altair there with Revelations. Connor deserves so much more. Since William is Desmond's father, do you think that could possibly mean we may in fact get to see more of Connor since Desmond and William are related by blood? Could he possibly link with the Animus and continue it? That is, given William has any assassin blood in his veins. Only time can tell... and possibly more leaked information.
It's definitely a cliffhanger, that's for sure. As ~laughinguy said, the ending scene was certainly very anti-climatic. I was expecting something much, much bigger. Something that would make me have to pick my jaw up off the ground as the credits rolled.
What will Juno do now? Did Desmond really die? Where is Desmond's dad, Rebecca and Shaun - and what are they doing about this? Plenty of questions. I believe Ubisoft themselves said that this was the end of Desmond's story, but they never said it was the end of the series. Perhaps we'll find out that Desmond's father was an assassin as well and go through the story of his ancestors? Or maybe we'll get to hear more about Subject 16's life? Like, since Vidic is dead, perhaps we'll more easily be able to obtain more information or data on 16's memories and such. I think it would be cool to have a separate branch from the game dedicated to him, because I'm actually very interested to learn more about that guy.

But I would also love to see more of Connor, even though I know that'll probably never happen. I mean, Ezio got three games all to himself, with little bits of Altair there with Revelations. Connor deserves so much more. Since William is Desmond's father, do you think that could possibly mean we may in fact get to see more of Connor since Desmond and William are related by blood? Could he possibly link with the Animus and continue it? That is, given William has any assassin blood in his veins. Only time can tell... and possibly more leaked information.
:iconlaughinguy:
laughinguy Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Ending for Desmond feels anti-climatic imo. Could've been a more amazing or meaningful end to his story.

Also, kinda bitter end for Desmond's story seeing that Juno's last line outlined the truth that she USED everyone she contacted or involved with for her own goals. Juno directed Connor to find the key and hide it, which did not guarantee his people remaining in his village still. Then she convinced Clay over the truth of Lucy's allegiance and passing the message to Desmond even in death. Later on, she has Desmond kill Lucy to avoid Lucy ruining Juno's chances of escaping. Finally Juno has Desmond and co. search in Connor's memories until they find the key, open the door and save the world in exchange for Juno's release from imprisonment and Desmond's life.

Overall, an anti-climatic and slightly bitter end to the interesting span of Desmond's story.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
How is the ending a cliffhanger? I'd heard that it ties up one storyline only to lead into another but I hadn't heard anything about a cliffhanger. I'm starting to get sort of annoyed with the series' dodgy endings, honestly... :|
Add a Comment: