Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Can Pokebattles change to be like the "Super smash bros" series?

:iconsidetrack1:
I've always liked the Pokemon console games b/c of the awesomeness of seeing your Pokemon battle on a big screen with non-sprite based graphics.However the battles are executed in the same formulaic way like the handheld series which I've always found a bit disappointing b/c seeing Pokemon in 3-D graphics on a TV reminded me so much of the show and like the show why cant they allow some more articulation during the battle?.I mean like instead of having the Pokemon go along some preprogrammed route to attack why cant they at least allow a few alternate routes of attack so that instead of attacking your opponent straight on to the face like with most attacks you can hit there left side,right side,foot,fin,tail or chest so as add more looks to the Pokemon fighting and change the amount of damage done more or less?.Or why not having full control of where your Pokemon moves across the arena?.Isn't that a technically feasible option that can be done?.Or how about having Pokemon battles be done in the same way as the Super smash bros series (I've always wondered if whenever Pokemon fight in the Super smash bros games whether that's still considered a Pokebattle) except with the 2nd person point of view of the Pokemon console games instead of the side-scrolling view of the Super smash bros series,so as to allow loads of action (however my guess is that they would have to make the trainers do a lot of gestures keep it looking like their involved but still..).I mean yeah,with any of these methods it might make look it closer to a kid blood sport like critics have been saying for years but I'd look more exciting,no?.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd be cool; Smash does a great job of that. Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle were fun to play as in the Smash series.

Like :iconarrancar2storm: said, Nintendo is very hesitant. I'd prefer if they just put maybe 1 more Pokemon in, plus all the others from the previous entries.
:iconzerostorm91:
zerostorm91 Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
maybe but nintendo are very hesitant when it comes to making big changes to the pokemon series. Its probably because of how much money the games still bring in.
:iconshadowangel3:
ShadowAngel3 Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That would be pretty cool. :)
Add a Comment: