Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Bayonetta Question

:iconfire-z:
Fire-Z Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Filmographer
I thought that angels are the good guys, so in Bayonetta, how came she slay these monsters called Angels and why they're bad & evil?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Finish the game.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Basically, bad guys over there. Go kill them.
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
There is something I would like to know and that is, Why are there non fans taking part in a forum they know absolutely nothing about?

Leave it to the experts and people who have actually played the game. i.e me. who has put in probably over 400 hours at the game.

There have been 4 responses to the topic creators question and I am the only one who has given an answer.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Because the world of every story has its own rules, stipulations and logic.
Because Bayonetta is evil that's why7 Jeanne is the good guy.

Her and Jeanne are the last surviving members of the Umbran Witch Clan who keep the balance between light and dark in check.

Bayonetta is on the bad side and Jeanne on the good side. The angels want to try and destroy the dark side to which Bayonetta is a member.

You also need to remember that "protagonist" doesn't always mean the good guys. You get games like Bayonetta where the protagonist is evil and the antagonist is the good guy.

As it says on the back of the game casing "Being bad never felt so good"!
I thought Bayonetta's good, and Jeanne's evil, even characters who knows Bayonetta are good too
The only thing I can suggest is that you go here: [link]

That's the Bayonetta wiki. See if that helps you out.

This is from my Bayonetta help guide book:

For aeons uncounted, there have been two factions that have watched over mankind and protected the passage of time: The Umbra Witches and The Lumen Sages. The Umbra Witches side with the forces of darkness while the Lumen Sages are aligned with the forces of light. Together they balance each other throughout the centuries until one day a sacred commandment was broken. A Lumen Sage paired with an Umbra Witch, and together they conceived a child unlike any other. Once aware of this sacrilege, The Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witched rose up in unison against the offenders and sealed the child away.

Fast forward 500 years. In a forgotten coffin submerged beneath a gloomy lake, a mysterious woman awakens. Unable to recall her past, or even her own name, a single memory of her unknown origin is impressed on her - she is a child of darkness with "witches power". She quickly comes to terms with her power, and masters the ability to summon forth ferocious daemons and engage the servants of heaven in mindnumbing combat.

Returning to life in the modern world after centuries of absence, Bayonetta spends 20 years following the clues of her hazy memories, eventually reaching the remote European city of Vigrid. She is assaulted at every turn by Angelic foes straight from the heavens, yet she presses on in order to unlock the mysteries of her forgotten past. What lies ahead for this unlikely heroine?

Bayonetta:

A mysterious witch of the Umbran sect, trained in their ways off combat and the dark arts, she sold her soul to a butterfly-like daemon known only as Madam Butterfly. The pact sealed her fate and aligned her with the dark side forever. She bears the mark of hermaster in the from of Butterfly wings that appear in her shadow or when she jumps.

The pact granted her great powers, but came with a great toll: she must now kill angels as a daily offering to her new master. Failing to do so breaks her pact and will send her straight to hell. Awakening in the modern world after a 500 year slumber, she is not the one to sit on her laurels and immediately begins her search. Wielding titanic magical powers, she rages war against the Angels of Heaven in order to keep her self alive long enough to to find te key to her missing past.

Armed with Scarborough Fair, an enchanted set of handguns equipped to both hands and feet, she practices the "bullet arts", a combination of gunfire and melee attacks. With the aid of her consorts Rodin, a master weapons smith and Enzo an underground informant, Bayonetta trudges on through battle after battle. Nothjing will deter her as she searches for the keys that will unlock the buiried memories of her forgotten past.

Jeanne:

A sleek an calculating woman as skilled as Bayonetta. Her abilities imply that she to was trained in the ways of the Umbra witches. But when and ho? Further, her powers show that she has entered into a dark pact wit a daemoness named Madame Styx. Possessing the same dark powers and consigned to the same daemonic pact, this mysterious provocateur appears unwilling to stop at any cost.

Often appearing along Bayonetta's course at the most unlikely of times, she provokes Bayonetta with an icy stare and cryptic verbal taunts. Jeanne obviously holds some information about Bayonett's past, but her ultimate goal is unknown. Does she desire Bayonetta's death, or is there more to her hidden agenda?

Sophisticated, cunning and fast, this mysterious woman wields her own unique set of enchanted handguns as she pursues Bayonetta doggedly. Fragmented memories and the briefest of flashbacks tell Bayonetta that she and Jaeanne are somehow tied together, but by what bond? If only she could remember! Will Bayonetta be able to unravel this mystery before it is too late? Friend or foe Bayonetta refuses to stand down.

Hope that helps. That is the first time I have actually read that myself.
:iconpopstck:
popstck Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
protagonist and antagonist isn't exactly synonymous to good and evil
:iconpawi666:
pawi666 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
because she's a witch :/
and, those 'angels' are, from the long history, enemies of the witches
--I actually haven't played this game but have watched some and read some synopsis :3
So in Bayonetta, what did the Angels ever did to the world?
Add a Comment: