Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 106

Minecraft

:iconscorpiosting1996:
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student Photographer
Do you play Minecraft? Do you have tips that could help others, or are you looking for any tips? Well maybe, you just want to talk about your world/gameplay?
If you do, then feel free to chat here, where minecraft is the soul topic! :D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlilylindsey:
LilyLindsey Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Writer
I remember being on an amazing server making a beautiful house with a nice mineshaft in an area that was littered with everything I could need, then finally finishing my main project and getting ready to start exploring and mining and generally having great fun...

...then my friends all moved to some other server on a tiny island with nothing and no one knew what to do and it was incredibly un-fun for the longest time.

It does have surprisingly great music, though.
:iconhamipassion:
HamiPassion Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
It's so fun ^.^ haha I'm slow at progressing in games though so I still live in a hut of sorts. I wish I had friends that played because on my own I'm kinda jumpy, plus multiplayer looks super fun!
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I used to play Minecraft, but I can't make it work on Linux lately.
:iconxtinyheartx:
xtinyheartx Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I just have minecraft on my computer and it lags a lot but I Still enjoy it. I always go on the minecraft wiki to find out how to build things.
:iconcodename-pantyra:
Codename-Pantyra Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Minecraft's okay, I guess. Though, I think it's more of a digital art medium rather than an actual game, considering that more Miners are spending time building these elaborate mega-projects with infinite resources in monster-free "Creative" mode, rather than digging for diamonds with a single backpack full of crafted tools and food in dog-eat-dog "Survival" mode.
:iconblasian89:
Blasian89 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I never got around to trying it. People have been telling me that it's only fun when you're playing it with friends, but I don't have any friends that play it -____-
:icongallifreyan-girl:
Gallifreyan-girl Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I love it :D I like just exploring the world more than building stuff though, I always end up losing my dirt houses the day after I make it. I have a terrible sense of direction even in video games :P I've only ever played the PC version, which lags a lot due to my terrible computer, and only solo because I have no friend. It's one of my favorite games :D
:icond-bandersnatch:
D-bandersnatch Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I bought the game when there still wasnt hardly anyting to it and loved it then and love it even more with all the new stuff that keeps getting implemented into the game. It was tough to play it on my crap computer though, it was so laggy but then i was introduced to optifine! With my love of the game i bought it on the xbox as well. I havent ever really played with others tho, been solo since the start.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Artist
I do, and I'm relatively good at surviving and designing forifications. I just have trouble finding anyone I really gel playing with.
:iconpigwasher:
Pigwasher Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I've been too spoiled by the PC version to want to play the console version.
:iconhoubledelix:
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
In my most successful game so far, I've barely set foot underground. I've just been wandering the desert and mountains, raiding pyramids and making bread (and the occasional pumpkin pie). Right now I have 14 diamonds and 64 gold, none of it from mining. Compared to descending into the depths to have my diamonds blown up by creepers, I'd say that's pretty alright.

The Large Biomes option rocks. I found a nice village by the sea and followed a river back from there to deep in the forest. I'm about a day's journey from the village (having stashed my loot there), camping in a hole in a hill.
:iconlarkwingstudios:
LarkwingStudios Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
You would think I do, considering how much I know about the darned thing. I know more than some of the people that actually play it, I've found. XD But no, I do not own my own copy of ze Minecrafts (yet). I have played on the Xbox with my friend, though, and we had a blast.
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I don't own it, but i still play it.
:iconyouareapirateplz:
:iconsupertoad1000:
SuperToad1000 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Minecraft is a game you have to like!!!
if you don't....
YOUR A LOZOR!!!!!!:ninjabattle:
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Photographer
Ahaa :highfive:
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
I can only watch people play it. I get extremely bored when I play it. I had it for 2 weeks, built a house, and quit. Gave the account to my friend.
:iconanimenerd6321:
animenerd6321 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
all i have to say about minecraft is
1: it's awesome!!!:DDDDD
2: who know skythekidrs????
3: i want to play minecraft
:iconpacfan13:
PacFan13 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
71.50.64.225:25565 is a good server :D
:iconnftadaedalus:
nftadaedalus Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I play Minecraft :) And I make videos of it :)
Trying to do a bit of everything. Built a house, big farm; explored; went caving; went mining; fought monsters; got killed; did some redstone. But it's hard to do redstone in a video, it gets too confusing. When building, you've got a certain train of thought, you know where all the wires are, but it's not easy to get that across.
:iconkaera-neko:
Kaera-Neko Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Managing to make a working redstone contraption is really satisfying. :D
:iconnftadaedalus:
nftadaedalus Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Oh, that certainly is true. :nod:
:iconbananaspliit:
BananaSpliit Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Get technical mods and build crazy machines
:iconoriginalsonnie:
OriginaLSonniE Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
Minecraft is stupid to me. It has the stupidest pixel graphics.
:iconmapper3:
mapper3 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconstaredadplz: I don't know who you are. But I will find you. And I will kill you.
:iconjanexas:
Janexas Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
oh my god, I was so addicted to the xbox version!!! Can't wait for a decent update so that it's more similar to the pc version :D:D:D
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Photographer
The Xbox version is pretty awsome but I spend more time on the PC version :)
:iconrosiekid:
rosiekid Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
the boyfriend got me into Minecraft, and after me saying 'I really don't see the point in it..' I am now hooked! I love it SO much :| I played it so much recently, my dreams have now have turned into blocks :|

My only hate is getting lost. Like REALLY lost. Then dying randomly (I attacked a wolf the other day) and losing all my stuff :(

Anyone know any good servers?
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Photographer
My boyfriend got me into it as well! But I will admit, I hated Minecraft when I first started playing it :giggle:

Getting lost is the worst thing ever! I decided to go adventure but forgot where my house was and I worked so hard on my house! :(

Have you fallen in lava? Ermahgerd I did that AFTER I found 6 diamonds D:
:iconrosiekid:
rosiekid Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
yeah! I managed to die in creative mode. :O I just went down as far as I possibly could, and fell into blackness :(

Oh god, me and Paddy went on a little hunt, and found this gold mine/cave! But it was really deep, so he mined his way down, got all the gold and was like, there you go, get back up for me.. -.-

-mine-mine-mine-mine-LAVA ALL OVER ME- D: D: D: it was awful :( :(

diamonds! I have yet to find them :(

:iconminecraftplz:
Flipping heck! I get so bored of mining when I don't find anything valuable or decent because I can't always find it. I've only ever found 6 diamonds so far!
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
woop, Minecraft all the way ;)
If you want a quick shot of most the stuff I've build (in SMP) so far check out my gallery. I'm quite good at detailing, 'decorating' and stuff. Also I'm fairly decent at Minecraft-mechanics and redstone. I'm working more with 'practical' stuff though, hidden and complex doors, stairs and mechanisms, mobtower-layouts and stuff like that. So you'd probaly want to ask someone else if you want to build things like calculators or processors...
:giggle: Yes, Minecraft all the way!
I will definately do so. I am actually useless at using redstone :( I really need to get better at using it actually...
:iconsareth1337:
Sareth1337 Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:)
:icon8bitstitchpunk:
8BitStitchPunk Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I freaking LOVE Minecraft! :squee: Unfortunately, I don't have the full pc version ( I'm hoping to get it for Christmas though. . . :fingerscrossed:), so I just play the demo over and over. Currently, I have a wooden house on the shore that faces west so I can watch the sunset and a pet pig named Fred. I can only play on peaceful though, 'cuz I can't stand getting snuck up on by Creepers and tag-teamed up on by Skeletons. :X

Also, I'm writing a Minecraft fanfic called 'A Minecraftian Tale: Stranded'. Chapter 1 should be out soon, check out my gallery if you're interested! :D
Me too! :squee: Aw, I hope so because the full version is so awsome!!
Ugh, I hate Skeletons!!
8BitStitchPunk Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
IKR? They're my least fav mobs. They always attack me in pairs for some reason.
Btw, do you have a favourite mob?
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Photographer
Usually when they attack me, their accompanied by zombies - . -'
And, I rather like Endermen hahaa... you?
8BitStitchPunk Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I LURRRRV Endermen! :squee: They're all dark and mysterious and stuff!

And also Creepers. Even though I've been killed by a Creeper explosion mutiple times, I still think they're adorable. :love:

Except for the fact that there are currently five or six of them surrounding my house (along with a crapload of zombies and skeletons). And I'm stuck outside. 0_0
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Photographer
Yaaay! Endermen are just awsome! :meow:

Have you seen the fanart where the Creeper has a smiley face? It's so gosh dang cute! :squee:

Uh oh, not good!! O.O
8BitStitchPunk Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I have! Isn't it the cutest? :iconomgsocuteplz:
Have you seen the Baby Creeper mod? They're half the size of normal Creepers, they 'pop' instead of exploding (which doesn't do any damage to you or the creeper), and they follow you around like little puppies. ^^ AND they have smiley faces! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Ermahgerd, seriously?!
I definately need to check that out :sprint: , they sound sooooo freaking adorable!!! :love:
(1 Reply)
8BitStitchPunk Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I freaking LOVE Minecraft! :squee: Unfortunately, I don't have the full pc version ( I'm hoping to get it for Christmas though. . . :fingerscrossed:), so I just play the demo over and over. Currently, I have a wooden house on the shore that faces west so I can watch the sunset and a pet pig named Fred. I can only play on peaceful though, 'cuz I can't stand getting snuck up on by Creepers and tag-teamed up on by Skeletons. :X

Also, I'm writing a Minecraft fanfic called 'A Minecraftian Tale: Stranded'. Chapter 1 should be out soon, check out my gallery if you're interested! :D
:iconreagen-lionel:
Reagen-Lionel Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I bought Minecraft a few weeks ago and have been liking it greatly. I'm trying to get some people together to play with me. I have the xbox 360 version. And I'm building my world in survival mode, not creation mode. It feels more fun that way, as well with the danger. If anyone is interested, send me a note please.

Going assign some duties and such, and in turn, I'll let those that help have thier own property. I'm building a massive castle and other things.
:iconangelsinspiration:
AngelsInspiration Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   General Artist
Can't really get into it. My computer's too cheap to run it and the xbox version gets on my nerves. It'll be better when they update it again. But I mean the last update didn't even make sense, why introduce enderpearls if you can't use them and farming animals if you can't lead them with wheat, I mean sheep's wool don't even grow back. The last seed I tried I got a world full of chickens and wolves, because they don't de-spawn I had to go about fighting wolves hoping sheep would spawn just so I could make a bed. Plus introducing ocean biomes wasn't very well thought out in a limited map. It's a really cool idea for the pc version, however now it's possible to get a seed with a couple little islands and nothing else, a cool idea for an underwater city or something however I've loaded a seed with no trees because of that.
:iconskoochie:
Skoochie Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
A friend recently brought a new pc. he never really liked minecraft because on his older pc it used to lagg. But i got him into making a server... aaaand then we spend like 11hours pretty much in a row playing it XD
scorpiosting1996 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Photographer
Nice one! XD
:iconnicoleghore:
NicoleGhore Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I hate Minecraft.

...I hate it because when I break away from it, it always sucks me back in. Oh hey, I got a few minutes before I need to do something -5 hours later- oops, I never did that thing I said.

I play on 360 though, glad they finally updated it.
Haha, I know how you feel; I'll go on the laptop to do research for coursework etc. then I end up playing minecraft and delaying my coursework research for another day!
And same, the update has made it so much better!
:iconplatinumpencilz:
PlatinumPencilz Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My sister got me into it sometime in May, when we got it for the Xbox 360. We can't play it on our computer because it's too old to run games, so we're saving up for new laptops.
Fair enough, it's awsome on the laptop and you can do more so you'll find it more interesting :)
Add a Comment: