Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 377

PewDiePie - Opinions

:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Now personally, I think PewdiePie has all the charm and talent of a mentally deficient howler monkey, the humor of a 'funny' epitaph made while drunk, and all the variety of MTV, with none of the budget or production values.

But that's only my opinion after watching this video, but I think it summarises things quite well.

What do you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthedeadconspiracy:
TheDeadConspiracy Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student Writer
I've posted on this thread before but I have found a video that illustrates him perfectly: [link]
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Seen it. And that's more of a general take that at most youtuber's like him, like that Tobiscus fellow and whatshisname.
:iconaianarie:
Aianarie Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
He's certainly not my favorite YouTuber, but I do watch his videos occasionally. They're funny and entertaining. I especially like the Slenderman ones. Like a lot of YouTubers, though, he swears to much for my personal taste. :XD:
:iconcaencel:
Caencel Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012   Digital Artist
oh i think he is charming and charismatic guy, very popular and i loved his Walking Dead series and Nonsensical Heavy Rain videos, James is the best of the Creatures along Sp00n and Kootra
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
I already saw your reply! :stinkeye:
:iconyour-first-boyfriend:
your-first-boyfriend Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I don't know why he's popular. He's just some annoying screamy guy. But different strokes for different folks.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
Sure. If by stroking you mean the warm embrace of a chalkboard equipped with metal bars that you have to push aside to use...
:iconyour-first-boyfriend:
your-first-boyfriend Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Liar. I don't recall his voice being that lovely.

But even worse than Pewdie himself is his fanbase. Bunch of prepubescent morons if you ask me.
:iconbananaspliit:
BananaSpliit Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, his Happy Wheels videos are quite entertaining (except when he tries too much to be funny and gets annoying) but the rest is average
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Positive mediocre or negative?
:iconbananaspliit:
BananaSpliit Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Both
:iconwolfraid:
WolfRaid Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012   Traditional Artist
honestly, he's an insult to let's players everywhere.
not just let's players, but the entire gaming community.
i actually stopped watching a video of his 10 seconds in.

he comes off as an obnoxious dumbass who doesn't even know how to play a video game properly.
i mean sure, games are supposed to be played for fun. but when you play a game acting like a complete idiot, that just makes it annoying.
he never shuts up for even 5 seconds and constantly uses rape jokes (which are not funny in the slightest sense).
he also overreacts to the littlest things, makes dumb faces, and practically plays horribly.
sure, gamegrumps did the same minus the webcam. but at least their sense of humor is tasteful. this guy, tasteful he is not.
i highly doubt that he even knows what he's playing. he doesn't know jack shit about video games.

to me, the definition of a let's play is "a walkthrough with commentary"
its purpose is to guide people through the game while also giving some hints and extra info about the game through commentary.
the commentators also talk about other things. some relevant, others random.
that's why let's players like chuggaaconroy, joshjepson, donnabellez, ncs, etc. are the best in the field.
they not only know the game inside out, but they also have fun with it without being too serious.

this guy on the other hand, oh boy...:facepalm:
he's like a kid toying with a gun without knowing how the thing works and what it does!
bottom line: he's nothing more than a youtube whore that only cares for the views, subscribers and money (that infamous comment).
people who actually enjoy his degrading videos should wake up and think for a second.
i'm sure he's a good guy in real life, it's just that his videos suck.:shrug:
:iconwigglewaddle:
WiggleWaddle Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Gamegrumps and tasteful humor? No, just no. Jon and Ego are alright by themselves and with scripts, but together they're tasteless. "Hey Arin, did you see what just happened in front of you!?" "y-yeah, dude" "HAHA YEAH, hahahaCOUGHWHEEZCOUGH".
:icondeclan2009supermega:
declan2009supermega Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
He is just irritating, he's got a very obnoxious and disingenuous tone of voice.......

I kind of think he's like the Fred of let's plays, an (guy pretending to be a) obnoxious moron who younger people generally find entertaining, while everybody else just finds cringe worthy
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
I never exactly saw this Fred thing. Is it a dead horse now?
declan2009supermega Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah pretty much! he doesn't seem to make videos anymore, or least if he does then his 15 minutes of fame/infamy have ended.....although last I heard he turned up on TV in character, so maybe he used that to springboard into a serious TV carrier and gave up on Youtube, not sure.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I had heard that Nick picked him up for as always, an awful live action series, but then I don't know what happened.
declan2009supermega Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah I heard that :/

He's either going on but nobody outside his fanbase cares, or absolutely everybody lost interest
:iconmoberr:
moberr Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I watched a few of his videos, and while I can't say they were bad, per se, I definitely couldn't get into them.

I much prefer Chaotic Monki/Cry/Cryaotic. Much more entertaining, his livestreams are hilarious, and his voice is very easy to put in the background and listen to while working, unlike Pewdie and his rather loud voice (to put it lightly.)

I suppose I would dislike him, but all the hate he's been getting has led me to not hate him out of general spite for the majority opinion. But I definitely can't like him.

I suppose that makes me... defiantly neutral on the matter of PewDiePie? :shrug:

But like I said, Cry Plays is much better. As are the Yogscast, but that's a given.
:iconmitchialia:
Mitchialia Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
Sorry I don't watch crap so I couldn't tell ya.
:iconz3ldamahboi:
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
He's just an over-rated punk. Not funny. Not entertaining.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
That's an insult to punks!
:iconz3ldamahboi:
Z3ldaMahBoi Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Ah, yes it is... erm... how should I put it... He is a dumbass phaggot who needs to be raped and killed in a dark alley. Is that better?
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Not really, that's his shtick.
:icontadertots:
Tadertots Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
I cant stand him. A few of my friends made me watch one of his videos and they all laughed, while I just squirmed uncomfortably.

Honestly I'm really picky with Let's Players anyways. I cant stand Tobuscus, or Game Grumps either. Though for some odd reason I'm a huge fan of penguinz0 (Cr1TiKaL). I'm just weird like that :shrug:. I also like AttackingTucans and Donnabellez if you've heard of them.

I'm actually looking for a few new let's players to watch but I'm at a loss so idk.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Chuggaconroy, DeceacedCrab, ProtonJon, a wide selection of SomethingAwful goons, KurtJmac, PressHeartToContinue, TotalHalibut, and many more.
:icona-cha4649:
A-CHA4649 Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student General Artist
I used to be really into him when he first started out, but I'm definitely over it. I mean, Most of the videos are the same, with constant screaming and bad playing... I guess that's kinda what got to me the most, his horrible playing.

I don't hate him though, he seems to be a genuinely sweet guy. That's just me, though.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Perhaps he is sweet, but he really needs to clarify if its a persona or not.
:icona-cha4649:
A-CHA4649 Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Hah! Maybe. I don't know, and neither do I really care anymore.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I regret to say that I just saw the moron on DA's front page :X [link]
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
THAT FACE. Did he do a line a coke before broadcasting his videos (which would explain everything).
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, it would explain a lot. God, I can't stand this twit...
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I watched two of his videos. ONLY TWO and they were not that funny. And thankfully, these were the non screaming videos he made, which good thing my ear drums were spared...
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, that's somewhat of a plus.
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah.
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Fuck, I should have put in a question mark...
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
And indeed, what a moron.
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
*hisses sinisterly* Yesss...

But seriously, there are tons of pictures/stories/etc. more deserving than a dumb screencap.
:iconcrystalistical:
Crystalistical Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I don't understand how anyone can like him or his videos. For one, he doesn't do anything but sit in front of the camera. He shoops his face on every video game character in his thumbnails making idiotic faces. I'm also tired of seeing his face in the suggestions. His videos are heavily advertised all over YouTube, even on videos that have nothing to do with him.

Take this video for example: [link]
He calls it a funny montage but none of it is amusing. Felix just sits there screaming, overreacting, making awkward noises and repeating what's going on in the game he's playing. If anything remotely funny appears in his videos its an overused joke. Going to any other of Felix's videos will include the same as above.

I also don't think he deserves any of the money he makes doing this either. He even made a comment on a video saying he only cares about the money.

Now I'm not just against him. My opinion stands against all Let's Players because they all do the same thing. Miraculously, people enjoy their videos and that's just the way it is.
I don't think all Let's Players are bad. I mean some are genuinely entertaining and helpful.
:iconcrystalistical:
Crystalistical Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
True. I should've said most instead.
:iconbaambooki:
Baambooki Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
[SCREAMING] "Oh yea, you shake dat Mr. Piggeh..." [WHIMPERING] [SCREAMING]

nobody whose videos consist of mostly this deserve any love
Actually, on does have to wonder if he DOES script it out.
:iconbaambooki:
Baambooki Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
no he just screams like an asshole
:icon1and1isme:
1and1isme Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I avoid all his stuff. I prefere watching people who are actually knowledgeable about games they play.
Sadly, that seems to be a bit rare these days.
It is quite regrettable.
All I want is some basic research so you don't look like a total buffoon! Is that too much to ask?
Clearly it is. Lol.
:iconrosiekid:
rosiekid Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I think he's a twat.
Add a Comment: