Can I join Taptastic if I already have my own site & your experience with it.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of posting my comic to another platform. I've heard of Taptastic and lots of deviants I follow use it. But the thing is I made my own site a year ago but traffic isn't that great. And Taptastic has people on it already and might be better for more exposure.

Like I'm not perfect but I do my best at it and I like what I've done so far. I don't think I'll make money or anything like that. Really just looking to build up a community first and reach out more. 

And I've gone on the site but I haven't had the time to read through everything on it. So hopefully you guys have a simple answer and maybe tell me your experience with Taptastic. Do you have your own site along with Taptastic? Are you using something else besides Taptastic? 

I know i'm unknown but I still have to reach out as I can't just let time handle it. I'm sure there's other stuff I should ask but I can't think of it...
You can check out my comic here: astrotripproject.com/
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I only have my comics on other sites, like dA, and Smackjeeves. I know that having my own site is not useful at this point, because my readership isn't significant. 

I haven't tried Tapastic, but I plan to in the future; SJ is easier to use I think, but it's hard to advertise yourself for people to read your comic. I've had much more success on dA for getting my comic read. 
Ok I'll check out Smackjeeves. I'm not having too much luck on DA as of now.
I still have to reach out to more people too. 
I've got a tapastic site : tapastic.com/series/chateaugri…     My experience with tapastic has been somewhat buggy.   They've got a great idea in their mobile app, but sometimes it doesn't load correctly, and it's basically impossible to get it to refresh the page.  So if it makes a mistake, it will never load correctly until you kill the app and try again.  If you have a longer comic (like mine) chances are, several frames will be skipped on the load up and people will never be able to see your work in entirety.   

FYI their site is undergoing significant corporate changes, new venture capital, new management.  They are letting their creators do less of their own fundraising/advertising as they used to do, and want to become more like Webtoons as a paid professionals site.  

Some people seem to do very well on Tapastic.  Others, like me, have done much better here on DeviantArt.  I suppose it all depends on whether your comic appeals to tapastic's demographic.  
Ok I'll be cautious of those things. I've seen really successful people on there but It seems like competition there would be hard to handle. As a newcomer like me without that much experience would get eaten up. So I might just keep my eye on the site, and see how the site develops. Thanks!
I hope their development team solves their app bugs, because it's really a great mobile interface to read comics in.