Comic recommendations?

I am looking for graphic novels/comic recommendations, things that might be similar to Ghibli films, Disney films, I'm not sure how else to explain what I'm looking for. 

Some things I've read and enjoyed: 

Will 'O The Whisp: Aurora Grimeon
Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki
Nausicaa 
I Kill Giants
Go With Grace (probably my favourite story of all time) 

Thanks for any recommendations.:) 
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well I have my own comic book that I just release , you can check it out here. 

mrayne32.deviantart.com/galler…

Black Magic Women by mrayne32  
Hi! Are you looking for hard copy comics or can they be webcomics too?

Hard copy I really enjoyed :
- Serenity Rose
- Scott Pilgrim (look out for the coloured once, they really add up to the cute drawing style)
- Ouran highschool host club if you want something ridiculously girly and light hearted ;)
- Maus #about ww2, gritty but on spot without getting too much

Webcomics:
- Lackadaisy is beautiful
- Dominic Deegan is nearly as beautiful, but the story is lovely (grouchy seer saving the world)

I could recommend my webcomic but honestly, I just started and nowhere near Ghibli or the above. :')
I have an ongoing comic here on dA. If you have time, please check it out. ^_^ Here's the synopsis and some motionbooks of it to give you an idea what it's about. :)

Days of Yore - Manga

Genre
Dark | Fantasy | Action | Romance | Tragedy | Shounen 
Warning: Blood and Gore | Strong Language | *Some Mature Content
*Note: Pages are read from right to left
Summary: When gods and kings ruled the world and pulled the strings of the weak, there lived a kind soul who went by the name of Psyche. With all sorts of darkness unknown to her, she served her fellowmen in ways she deemed best. But even so, she was hurt... she met horror... and became the most dreaded creature on earth.

Some say that what's broken is stronger when it mends. But when she uncovers the truth and after a series of life-threatening events that turn her into the very monster she feared would tear her apart, will her soul even go back to the way it was?

Days of Yore Ch2P1 (END) by Zarashi99  DoY Manga Ch2 Part II (END) by Zarashi99  [DoY] Beyond Hesitations - Prologue by Zarashi99
**Wanna read from the beginning? Here's the link for ya: Chapter 1 Cover
Bone
Mouse Guard
Sandman is a little more adult, but great stuff
Locke and Key -- more horror, but still great
Over the Wall
Cursed Pirate Girl
Princeless
Girl Genius
Anya's Ghost is short, sweet and haunting. It's a perfect read for this season despite the fact halloween is over...
Try a little thing called Hollow fields,
I'd recommend the big one with the whole story, it's cute yet creepy and has a nice charm to it.
THAT SERIES OMG

. ___. 
I'm guessing you'd like interesting and organic looking artwork then.

I'm currently reading the 80s comic series "Saga of the Swamp Thing" by Alan Moore. It's hardly a Ghibli film but a horror fantasy story following the titular Swamp Thing through self discovery and alot of trippy stuff. The art might be up your alley, not sure about the story though because it get's creepy 
Llama Emoji-07 (Hopeless or Scared) [V1] 
you may enjoy mine, I even got a DD in one of the pages
IODINE -Cover v2 by tatiilange P1-2 : CHAPTER 1 Cover by tatiilange IODINE - P3 by tatiilange

its on the making though, I release pages every 10 days
I don't think it's what your looking for, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading Orange Marmalade.
Comic books reviewed here ...new ones every week - www.youtube.com/channel/UC7cBw…
Lackadaisy is highly recommended (I have not gotten a chance to read much myself): www.lackadaisycats.com

You could also try stuff by Osamu Tezuka, who made Astroboy, Black Jack (which I love), Princess Knight, etc.

Lastly, someone told me that my comics "have a lot of heart", if that is a qualification you are looking for. 
"Aurore", Enrique Fernandez. Ohh, I really love his style.
Has this been translated to English? I can only find French versions...
If you're able to find it let me know, it does look really beautiful and interesting...
Lumberjanes may be something you dig.
I actually really like Lumberjanes, I can't believe I forgot to mention it! 
I'm not sure if it has the exact feel you're looking for, but you should definitely check out Wilde Life: www.wildelifecomic.com/comic/1
I am loving this so far, thank you!