Books! Your favourites?

What are some of your guys' favourite books? It can be anything, just give me a title and a description if you want! c:
GIVE ME ALL THE BOOKS. XD
Some of my favs are: 
And Then There Were None
The Book Thief
Looking for Alaska
The City of Ember
Harry Potter series
Warriors
Inkheart
Divergent and The Hobbit. That's certainly not all but. 
So what are your favourites? :3
Comments167
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My favorites are:

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
With Wings Like Eagles: A History of the Battle of Britain by Michael Korda
The King's Curse by 
Philippa Gregory
Firestarter by Stephen King
Christine by Stephen King
The Rats by James Herbert
Black Cat by Edgar Allan Poe
I'll check them out! Thanks c:
You are welcome.
For me currently are these(since I have to many favorites):
A girl with pearl earring by Tracy Chevalier
 Howl's moving castle by Diana Wynne Jones.
I'll have to look at them, thanks! c:
You are welcome :)
Blood Merdian by Cormac McCarthy
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
The Floating Opera by John Barth
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
The Master And Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
They sound awesome ouo thanks!
The road By Cormac McCarthy 
The reapers are the angels by Alden bell
Picture of Dorian Gray by oscar wilde
Anything by Ryu Murakami is a good bet as well
I like your icon.
Ahh they sound good, thanks c:
Basically any book by Michael Crichton (R.I.P.) and the Lonesome Dove series.
I'll check them out, thanks c:
Have fun! I seriously miss Crichton.
My favorite books include French authors, so I don't know how easy it would be to find them in US etc. 

Here is my list:

-Perceval ( Chretien De Troy) 
-Le Lion ( joseph Kesse )
-all the Jules Vernes novels
-all the Keith Hebner novels
-Harry Potter series
-Notre Dame De Paris ( Victor Hugo)
-Guy de Maupassant short stories
-Nana by Emile Zola
-The old Conan The Barbarian comics
-Locke and Key comics
Ahh I'll have to look at them, thank you! c:
I consider books that are my favorite to be one that I would definitely be willing to read multiple time, and/or have already done so.

The descriptions for some of them are kind of long, so if you want to skip them do not read what is in the parentheses.

Howl's Moving Castle
- I have read this book about 4-5 times, and I would still love to read it again. (most people know of the anime of this by studio ghibli, but they do not know there is a book for it. A lot of people that do know it is a book think it will be the same as the anime and do not want to waste there time reading it. The anime and book are similar for certain parts at the very beginning, but other than that they are completely different.)

Evil Genius
- I have read this book about 2 time. (It is an interesting book, and kind of makes you ask yourself if there really were a school like the school the main person goes to in the book.)

Harry potter series
-read once, want to read again, but do not really have the time. (confession, I actually did not even read the books until two years ago.)

Cirque Du Freak series
-read the book series once, but I have read the manga series at least twice, and I am actually reading it again now. (The manga and book series are almost identical, except that the book goes into more detail. I prefer the manga series since it is a bit easier to read, and I just love to see the expressions on the characters faces instead of trying to imagine how I might think it would look like. Also, I like how the original author of the book picked who would draw the manga, kind of like how J.K. Rowling picked who would play Snape in the Harry Potter movies.)

shokugeki no soma (Food Wars)
This series is still going on, but I love it so much that I am actually caught up with the Japanese versions online. (I was not sure if you cared it we added some manga, but I had to add this. It is a bit awkward at points. In the series if people taste really good food, and I'm not talking about just ok, I mean amazing food they lose their clothes and do some provocative poses. There are no nipples shown, or certain lower parts of the body, but the artist did not leave much to the imagination.) 

Alice in the country of hearts (heart no kuni no alice)
-I love this series so much, it is the only manga series, other than the one listed above, that I will buy the actual books for. Most manga I read free online, but I just love holding this one in my hands. (again, not sure if manga was included or not but this is a must. It is like alice in wonderland, but instead of following the white rabbit down the hole, she is kidnapped by hime, and everyone in wonderland has weapons.)

Again, I am sorry for giving such long descriptions, but these are books that are so close to me that I feel like I need to kind of explain why I really like them.

If you have any questions please reply, or send me a note.
Wow! Thank you a lot for commenting. Don't worry I don't mind lengthy comments, they helped me understand the books better. C: I have only read Harry Potter out of this list, (which I loved) so I will have to get the others! They all sound really interesting and like good reads. Thanks a lot for commenting C:
I really like Stephen King books and what I've read of Harry Potter is really good.

The last really interesting series I read was The Hunger Games *shot*

I am getting started on The Magicians though. :)
Ahh all very good reads! That series sounds interesting, what's it about? ouo
From what I've read, The Magicians is about a guy who gets sucked into taking a random test, he passes it because he happens to be really good at magic tricks (lolwut? :XD:), and it turns out he's a Magician, like a REAL magician. So, Harry Potter style, he starts going to this prestigious magician school and starts learning about magic.
That actually sounds really good omg xD 
Right?! I can't wait to read the rest of it! :D