Tanith Lee, 1947-2015

"We are saddened to report the passing of science fiction, fantasy, and horror writer Tanith Lee. Lee had a long and prolific writing career, publishing over 90 books and 300 short stories, as well as several poems, four BBC Radio plays, and two episodes of the BBC’s sci-fi television series Blake’s 7."

www.tor.com/2015/05/26/tanith-…
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Aw man, she was my favourite.
It's a shame this is the first I'm hearing of her. Recommended reading?
WHOOEEP WHOOEEP WHOOEEP
I can really recommend the first of her Flat Earth series, 'Night's Master'. But. It is so adult a new kind of rating needs to be invented for it.

Basically it is a string of baroque fairytales that revolve around a powerful demon.
Daaaaaamnit it's not in Kindle edition D:< I will have to add it to my wishlist!
Try seeing if they have 'Biting the Sun', then. Is about a faulty utopia, with some humour thrown in.
bah... n no. but it's on my wishlist now!
I'd expect them to cover more of her work now that she's made the news, so to speak. I mean come on.

Get back to me once you get around to reading her work, will you? I'd love to yack.
Well maybe not AS much about the sexual stuff but there you go.
Respects.  :(

I felt a very powerful jolt of recognition and loss when I read her name above, but I cannot for the life of me identify which of her books, if any, I have read!  :ohnoes:
Well, If I get mentioned in her will and have to spend the night in some creepy old house to collect on it - I'm not doing it - not after reading some of her work.
And yes that is a compliment :-)
Tanith Lee. crap.

I like science fiction, and first read Tanith Lee in "The Gorgon and other beastly stories" when it was released, mid-80's, and so much of her best work was written after that. (or maybe it was Electric Forest. or Unsilent Night. geez I forget. I read so much anthology SF. Still, I know I own The Gorgon...)

again, crap.