Who here is a fan of the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini? (Eragon)

Who is your favorite character?
Who is your least favorite character?
Who is your favorite dragon?
If you were any of the species from the books what do you think you would be? (Options: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Urgal, Dragon, Werecat)
Which book is your favorite? (I dare you to actually be able to pick one cause I can't! ;P )
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I only read the first two books, and that was a while ago, so take what you will:

1. I really enjoyed Roran in the second book; I thought having a normal character be the star was very interesting.

2. Probably Eragon: he is too generic.

3. Saphira is the only one I remember, so...;)

4. Probably Dragon.

5. I actually didn't care for the first book; it felt like amateur writing to me (like how (almost) every scene change ends with Eragon falling asleep or being knocked unconscious). I  did enjoy the second book, probably because of Roran, or it could have been better written. I haven't read the others, and realistically I would have to re-read the first two books again if I was to do that.

And I share LizzyChrome's feelings about how Paolini got published: in my ideal world books only get published if they are good, but I acknowledge that people use other methods too. 
My problem with how he got published isn't that his book sucked; it's that his parents are in charge of his writing career. Which I'm sure little homeschooled Chris is nothing but "grateful" for, but I personally wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.
Roran is the real OG. The second book focuses on his story. Least favorite character is that punk elf that trains with Eragon. I'd be an elf because superstrength, speed, magic power, and long life are pretty cool.
Oh man, I read those so long ago. I really enjoyed them, but I've tried not to think about them too much after that terrible movie was ingrained upon my mind. 
Shhhh we don't speak of the horrendous shame that was the movie. O-o XD
I liked the first book, but everything after that was pretty much rubbish. (I stopped caring after Brisingr)

Favorite Character: Arya - Because she used to be a strong independent woman who didn't need no man and kicked ass all by herself. She made Legolas look like a pansy. Torture by deadly poison? Just sleep it off, NBD. Dragon rider thinks I'm weak? Hell naw, I'll show him what lightning really looks like. Guy who tortured me engaged in mental battle? I'll distract him by shattering the fucking largest crystal gem in the land on the back of a huge-ass blue dragon. And then there's the fact that she doesn't need a horse, as she can just use her superhuman elf-stamina to run everywhere.
Least Favorite Character: Roran - Because when I pick up a book about dragons, elves, and wizards, the last thing I want is to have those adventures interrupted with "Hey, let's see how non-magical, not-dragon-riding, human villager is doing..."
Favorite Dragon: Saphira - Because she was a sassy bitch who made sure Eragon checked himself before he wrecked himself
If you were any species from the books, what do you think you would be?: Elf. Because Alagaesian elves kick fucking ass. Even the crippled ones can still wipe the floor with your face.
Which book is your favorite?: The first one. Because as I said, everything after that was pretty much rubbish to me. Eragon kinda became a whiny little bitch after getting all elf'd up in Ellesmera. And hell naw Arya was not putting up with his "unrequited love" shit.
So much :iconthisplz: on Roran. As if Eragon wasn't bland enough, Paolini had to shove his interesting sidekick Murtag aside to make room for fucking Roran.
Great answers!! :D

Yay Arya for kicking arse! O-o

I agree, although I liked Roran as a character there where some points where I was like "GET BACK TO THE DRAGONS."
I used to like the series, but not so much anymore. I found that they just got worse. The last one was terrible :(

Favourite character: Murtagh or Roran
Least favourite: Arya. I don't know why, but I just found her really annoying.
Favourite dragon: Saphira. I found that the other dragons didn't have much development (aside from Glaedr. The other dragons were just kinda there, if that makes sense)
If I were any species: Idk, elf or maybe human.
Favourite book: The first one, definitely. Like I said earlier, they just got worse as the series went on.  
I loved Murtagh. :D Yeah I had issues with Ayra too, I finally just gave up and got over it. XD Saphira was awesome! I felt like that with Shruikan, he didn't really do anything other then be big and scary. <.<
All of the problems with the book itself don't bother me half as much as how the book was published.

I know a lot of people will just think I'm a cold-hearted bitch who doesn't understand the magical of family, or something. But honestly, the thought of your parents having control over your first book series, and your real name on the cover of said book series all over the world, before you're even 20 years old and understand what just happened, is immensely disturbing to me.

Sometimes I get down on myself for being un-published in my mid twenties; but then I'm reminded of how Paolini got it done, and I'm infinitely relieved and grateful that I never had such, um, "supportive" parents. 
Paolini made a lot of money off of his books, and I know a lot of kids that try to get published early. He might have actually wanted that, he's seemed pretty chill about it to me at least. XD Plus getting published is really expensive if you wanna do it yourself, maybe he couldn't afford to do it on his own. I liked the book series at least, he was young, it was his first series, he did a good job considering.
If only *my* high school novel masterpiece could have been published before I started college, with my full real name on covers all around the world, Mom and Dad controlling my career. I must see a therapist to deal with my envy. 
Seriously, child fame is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
It does seem to screw a lot of people up, especially singers and actors.
I enjoyed it when I was younger and but people seem to think they were better than they were and then an entirely different camp claims they were vomit just because they're critics so all that negativity's rather annoying.
I liked Galbatroix, nice villain, waiting at the throne room till the very end with his monster of a dragon and needing the rules to be broken just to have a chance, he was awesome. 
I agree, negativity is annoying.
It was terribly written and riddled with plot holes and horrifically paced, but the main character was just the worst part. Eragon was such a phenomenal jackass that I really, honest to god, hoped he would die. But he didn't, and despite his war crimes and atrocities committed against various people, he is somehow the "hero".

Jesus christ on a pogo stick.
Hot the nail right on the head. Also, "Christ on a pogo stick!" :lol:
Please don't use the Lord's name in vain. And I liked them, he was young and did his best. Plus it was more for fun than anything considering his age. As for Eragon he seemed fine to me, I have no idea what you're talking about as far as war crimes. But anyway, doesn't really matter. I asked the question looking for fellow fans, not critics. Have a nice day.
If God has a sense of humor (which I'm guessing he does because of flamingos) he's got to approve of the phrase "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick."
Why? I'm not religious.

Eragon tortured a dude and left him to die. If that's not a war crime I don't know what is.
So? It's still rude to swear.

Wait who did he torture?