Books you thought were amazing at the past but now you find okay or mediocre

i used to.love maximum ride. The trillogy was nice  but book four and onwards is utter crap imo.
Same for the hunger games. I like it okay now
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The Enchanted Woods and the Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton were amazing when I was younger...
The Thief Lord, Harry Potter books
I would have to say, "Carnivore". The book looked interesting to me when I was in eight grade, but when I bought it later on, it was pretty much a typical cheese-fest (if you know what I mean). Overall it's corny, but still an okay read if you like b-movies and such.  
The Warriors series. I still harbor affection for it, though.
Dragon keepers by Robin. The last two books were just so slwo and meh for me to admit. Still good writing style with amazing imaginary and the ending is not that bad. 
Warriors, loved it once, drifted away when it got boring and everyone I loved died.
Loved The Thief Lord, reread it 4-5 times, but now it just isn't as good. Guess I grew up :/
The Fault In Our Stars tbh
any thing by DC comics . :( 
'The Post Birthday World' by Lionel Shriver - I liked the concept a lot and let that distract me from the horrendously 2D and unrealistic characters.  I did think the main character behaved a bit oddly at times, but it was only when I went to reread the book that I realised how awful it was. Straight to the charity shop it went!  Since then I haven't been able to read another Shriver novel - 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' is one of my all time favourite books, but I don't think it's representative of her other stories :no:
what's we need to talk about kevin about?
It's written as a series of letters from a woman to her husband regarding their son, who she never liked.  It's a fantastic book, really well written and the story is so shocking - I'd definitely recommend it (I'm not sure how old you are but it is a tad graphic in places - not what I'd call disgusting or anything but perhaps not for younger readers).
I used to eat up Dragonriders of Pern books. But the narrative style and pacing really throws me off in re-reads. 
The "Froggy" books. OMG I was so into those things when I was 8-9
Maximum Ride
Daniel X
Dragonsomething-or-other i cant remember
I heard Daniel x is about a dude that can create almost anything
That is overpowered as hell
Yeah, it was pretty fun :3 He can't create EVERYTHING persay, he's a little bit inexperienced, but yeah. :)
The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. The series seemed pretty cool when I first started reading it, but after re-reading it the characters are a lot less interesting (I would even go as far as to call them stupid at times) and the story made a lot less sense. Same with Interview with a Vampire.
I agree with you about Maximum Ride. You know when a movie does really well and so they make like 5 sequels and each one sucks even more than the one that came before it? That's what books 4 and 5 reminded me of. A bad movie sequel. I stopped reading the series after that because it was clear at that point that it wasn't getting better. The first 3 books were amazing though. The series should have stopped there.
Yeah the first three books were awesome. There was also a manga based of of it and the art is beautiful imo
Oh and the books after 5 and six are worse and nevermore is complete and utter shit
Yeah, Patterson really wet the bed with Maximum Ride once he made Final Warning.
I still can't believe i used to like Dan Brown