Pirate books? (or at least sea books, navy books, anything!)

I really want to find some good fantasy pirate books but I've had no luck so anyone have some suggestions? :D (Big Grin) 
I want a good adventure, something well written, I already plan on reading the Master and Commander series and I'm reading the Temeraire series. Young adult to adult books please.
Any alternate history books (preferably Napoleonic wars, 1800-1815) would be great too! Like Shadows of Albion.

Sailing the seven seas Thanks!
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've just requested it at my library, thank you! :D
The last book of Jule's Verne's The Mysterious Island has their island get invaded by pirates. Definitely the best part of that book.
I'll look for it, thanks!
No one's mentioned the original pirate story, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Pretty much all our modern tropes about pirates originated with it. Since it's in the public domain, you can get it from gutenberg.org for free.
Yeah that also came to my mind but I thought it was not really YA to adult books, rather children's book. I want to read it, many folks suggested it to me. Is it really really awesome? :D
Considering the 19th century idiom, I'd say it required something above an elementary school vocabulary these days.
I've read it, I totally forgot but I read it, thanks for the suggestion! ^^
Cursed Pirate Girl
Polly and the Pirates
El Cazador
Crogan's Vengence
Scurvy Dogs

These are all comic books that have pirates in the spotlihgt.  For book-books, maybe I could suggets Vampirates?

As for Alternate History books, maybe the Bartimaeus Triogy?
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look them up, I actually read Vampirates when I was thirteen, it was kind of funny. :)
As a side note, Cursed Pirate Girl has illustrations that look like 1600s engravings, if thats any interest to you :)
Oh I like that! I'm not a huge fan of anime, but really want some comics to read so that's perfect. ovo
It doesn't have pirates in it, but the Hornblower series are really awesome. They're about a guy who enrolls on a ship during the war. I actually watched the movies (and I thoroughly recommend the movies to you too!) and started the first book, but I put it down because the story was too familiar having seen the movie, so I'm postponing it for the time being. But seriously, watch the movies. They're just about the Napoleonic wars. Basically they're about friendship and justice. The actors are wonderful! You just want to take them home with you haha. :D
Yes, Read Hornblower!
I'll look for it, thanks! :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2…
Just kidding.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGreqB…

It's most definitely fantasy pirates and it's a comic book or show your choice.
I'm not really an anime fan but thanks for the suggestion! :) (Smile)