What's your favorite teen novel?

My favorite is The Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher and Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier. 

I also know the Hunger Games movie, but I never read the book XD
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
ANIMORPHS

APPLEGATE....
It's too hard for me to just pick one series ..

Top would probably be The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver.
The Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver would closely follow in second and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare third.
I also love Tamora Pierce's The Immortals series, Protector of the Small series and The Song of the Lioness series.
The Unwind series by Neal Shusterman is a hidden gem. Well written with lovable flawed characters and you'll most likely throw these books at the wall a few times.
The first three of the Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman, probably.
If I had to choose one young adult book as my favorite, I would pick The Last Book in the Universe by Rodman Philbrick.  It deals will all the same typical ideas of coming of age, learning to be on one's own, etc that an average young adult book does.  I appreciate, however, that there's a major part of the story that deals with the importance of having experience and to be able to recall that experience.  That sounds odd, but it really got me thinking about how young people react so strongly to things because they haven't had the experience before. 
I rather enjoyed the "Gone" series by Michael Grant.
'Poison Study' by Maria V. Snyder. Admittedly, the quality of her books and writing has since decreased but I was impressed with Poison Study.
I also have fond memories of The Mediator series by Meg Cabot.
Patrick Ness' Trilogy is pretty cool.
Those books killed my heart.
In a good kind of way? :O
Yes, a very good kind of way.
Ah, that's awesome! It definitely left a lasting impression on me. :nod:
Yeah, last book in the series comes out this October. It's tough because I've been reading these books since the eighth grade (like 5 years ago). Hasn't quite hit me that I'll be saying goodbye D:
Wait.. what? :O

I thought there were only three books in the series! :crying:

I finished book three, thought it was an awesome trilogy, and then moved on, and now you're telling me there's more?! :faint:
View all replies
The Artemis Fowl Series. Thats was awesome. 
Love Artemis Fowl Love 

I read the first book  in 2004. Then waited impatiently for each new book in this series *_*
I heard that there will be a movie... But I don't know if this is true.
I keep hearing that there will be a movie too :shifty: I hope it's true. 
Novel I liked the most during my teenhood or one of YA genre?
Yep....the young adults novels :) like the one I just posted up there
The White Cat. By Holly Black.
Does Harry Potter count? Even as a teen, I don't remember ever reading any teen books other than Harry Potter. I was more of a Stephen King and Anne Rice fan back then.