Favorite Discworld Book(s)

I'm on my twelfth Discworld novel (reading them as I find them, not in any particular order) and thus far my favorite is a three-way tie between Witches Abroad (for its trope-subverting storytelling and Granny Weatherwax), Guards! Guards! (for its characters and plot) and Mort (the funniest I've read so far). I'm currently reading Reaper Man and loving it so far. DEATH is gold.

Which are your favorites?
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hogfather and Witches Abroad are my favorites!

And if need be, I have dried frog pills Dried Frog Pills by KeplerNova
I really loved "Going Postal" and "Monstrous Regiment" .:blush:.  
I haven't gotten to those yet... I think I am going to focus on the Watch books for a bit, since I love Sam Vimes and Carrot and Angua.
They are fantastic characters those three - you might want to check out "Thud!" as a good one with the watch...
I just read that one... now I'm circling back and reading all the ones between it and Guards! Guards!. Currently listening to Feet of Clay on audiobook.
Cool - what did you think of it? I loved it.

I haven't read Feet of Clay yet. I'm actually just starting Reaper Man :D
I loved it, especially the subplot with Big Fido. That had me cracking up. And you're in for a real treat with Reaper Man.
Hahaha Big Fido was pretty crazy (:

I'm really excited reading it because I love Terry Pratchett's version of Death :D
View all replies
Thief of Time and Night Watch are my two favourites by FAR. Thief of Time has a lot of Death in it, as well as the first time I remember reading about the Death of Rats, and they make a pretty awesome combo. Plus the other Horsemen make an appearance in the best, most hilarious possible way.

Night Watch is just one of my favourite characters (Vimes) being a whole lot of badass for an entire book. I love Vimes. He's such a sarcastic dude, it's great.

But I also love anything with the witches in them, the Nac Mac Feegle, and of course, Vetinari. I'm not as much of a fan of Rincewind though, I have to be honest.
Same - Night Watch is far and away my favourite. Reaper Man is my second because Death is just awesome.
I'm lovin' Vimes too.
I love them all, but if I had to pick, maybe Reaper Man? Seeing Death's interaction with humans is always great, especially that heartwarming ending, just d'aww <3 I also love Snuff, and Raising Steam. The Goblins are such interesting characters. Through their mistreatment did make me rage a lot. I love all the Witch's books, and all the Watchmen Books too. Granny Weatherwax is hardcore.
I loved Reaper Man! Currently on Men At Arms.
Jingo. Mostly because I love Vetinari (as if you couldn't tell from my avatar) and he's pretty awesome in that one.
Ooh, that's Vetinari? Cool.
Reaper Man is definitely my favorite.
IT IS A GOOD ONE.
Its a toss up between Nights Watch and Going Postal..... 
So far I just read "Mort" and "Guards!Guards!", and those only in their German translation. I got them as a present some years ago, but for some reason I didn't read them (I really don't remember). Last week they fell into my hands again and I started to read them and just loved them. Unbelievable I shunned them for so long Disbelief

I can't decide which one I like better, and worse, I can't decide which I want to read next!
I would recommend Wyrd Sisters next.
I've only read the first six so far and enjoyed Colour of Magic and Mort the best. DEATH is such a funny and a cool guy. Pyramids I wasn't a huge fan of even though it was nice to finally learn how the pyramids were "built".
Pyramids was the first one I read, and I loved the quantum stuff.
I really love the Tiffany Aching series. The Feegles are hilarious and Tiffany is just amazing. I always liked the books with the witches and Death (or both) best! But all of them are great and it's really hard to pick some favourites.