THE FAULT IN OUR STAR

who've read this awesome book  and is going to watch the movie??.. ooh god im so excited Happy  for the movie,..   I also like J. Green's other book - Paper town and Looking for Alaska
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I just finished it. 
I cried. :( :( :(
 ....  me too   xOOOOOO  
I've almost finished the book, I am not seeing the film in the near future, but I feel like I am the only person in my school who didn't cry once reading the book. Its kinda weird that I didn't shed a tear reading TFIOS, but I almost cried watching Noragami ( anime ). 
 ...  hahaha   xD   alright ...  
 ..   i've seen pics from Noragami but i haven't  read it yet  ...  well  it must be really sad xD 
Definitely my second favorite John Green book- first is Abundance of Katherines, which I feel is SORELY underrated.

I did enjoy the movie a lot too, though.
...    hehe   :)   good to hear ..  but for me i think TFIOS is better than Abundance of Katherines ...   just a little xD
I liked reading John Green's novels. Aside from the ones you mentioned, I also enjoyed An Abundance of Katherines and Will Grayson.
 ..   havnt read  Will  grayson yet xD   but im sure  its a good book
wait wha?! this was a book toozerz?! O.O 
 ..  yupzerz   xD   some of the great movies were adopted from novels xD
oh lol...wow I feel like a dumby XD oh well, live and learn I guess. and now I know something newzerz hehe XD
Paper Towns must've been the second John Green book I read. The scene was set. Girl next door is oblivious to the boy next door's feeligns. Then the suspense builds as you find out some good/interesting things about some characters along the way. I think the peak was on graduation day. It was great and my heart was racing to find out what would happen next. But this book ended badly. I was pissed off as much as the guy who went commando. Maybe I need to reread it. But I'm glad they're making it into a movie!!!

Looking For Alaska was the first door that opened my eyes to John Green's realistic and funny/witty view of adolescents. I loved it. Alaska and her mysterious, unattainable ways. Fudge growing out of his shell and budding a romance for said girl. Then the accident that no one would recover from. Or get closure from. I think there needs to be a sequel. But it was an over all good book.

As for TFIOS. This takes the cake so far (it's my favorite right next to An Abundance of Katherines). Its wit, almost morbid humor, and lovable characters had me. From the first line Hazel mutters about how it sucks to be a cancer kid, John had me. I think the movie was a great adaptation too. Shailene did a great job capturing Hazel in every aspect.
...   YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!       ..  Im not sure if i remembered it right but ..   i guess it was something like they found the girl  in the end  and  that's it they graduated??  Im not sure though but i remembered i was not impressed by the ending but the story is cool overall... 

Looking for alaska -yes i believe it needs a sequel .. :)

TFIOS  the characters are cool ..   especially Gus' bestfriend he's so funny ..   i cried a lot at that time when Gus  was already dead .. and hazel and him were playing their fave game and they cried because they missed him so much xO 
I think I was more sadden with the book than the movie. But that's just me. There were just more scenes without Augustus and I think that's what John was intending to do. Demanding the pain to be felt. Yes that scene with Hazel and A's best friend was really sad.
I JUST picked up a copy from the floor of TJ Maxx because everyone told me to read it but I will when I'm finished with the two library books I got only hours before going to TJ Maxx. I know what it's about and will see the movie right after I'm done.
...   hehhe   yeah :)  The book is great ..  I already received lots of good feedback from others about the movie 
I've read the book :dummy:

I went and saw the movie this weekend, and most people in the theatre were sobbing by the end of the movie. It was amazing! Especially because I felt that the movie stayed true to the book. :D 
 .. ..  okay  cool   ..  xD    ..  i thought it would be different from the book 
Haven't watched it, but surely will go to
 heheh  alright   xD
I'm going out and watching the movie with friends tomorrow!
 ...   oh i see  !!!   xD  enjoy  !!!
I just came back from seeing it.
  and and and and ???    :la: :la: