Closed to new replies
August 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

DAN BROWN'S INFERNO DISCUSSION *spoilers*

:iconmardymojo:
mardymojo Featured By Owner Aug 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I'd love to hear your opinions about the ending of Inferno.

The book expresses that overpopulation is humanity's greatest threat and that Earth cannot meet the needs of the billions of people destined to live their lives on its surface. But the solution that Zobrist comes up with, a way to sterilize a huge proportion of the human race, and therefore reduce the rate at which we reproduce, may be a little excessive. But is it what we need?
Personally I completely agree that overpopulation needs to be combated and new methods need to be discovered before we do go over 'the edge'. Perhaps if such gene technology could be produced, just like Zobrist did in the book then this may be the way forward?

I really want to know what you guys think about this ending and whether this kind of thing is too outrageously un-ethical. I know that this kind of gene technology might not even be possible to produce but I'm using a big IF right here. Also, what other methods of combating overpopulation do you think would be good?

All of my views expressed on this forum are completely independent, you don't have to agree with me. I am open to any kind of perspective so feel free to write what you want! (:

:iconcatdanceplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: