If y'all had to set a book on fire...

I'm not going to bother thinking of a hypothetical for this one. You just have to pick one book to sacrifice to flame. To appease to gods or to get into a hip bonfire party or because you're going to freeze to death in an abandoned library that just happens to have ALL THE BOOKS.

Which book would you choose, and why? No holds barred, it can be any kind of book. But why are you burning the one you pick?

Inspired by this comic, which also involves book destruction: [link]
Comments285
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Twilight. Unless it was to appease the gods. They might smite me if such a thing was used in holy sacrifice.
Twilight. The world would be better with one less Twilight book. Or 50 Shades of Grey. And I shall laugh while doing it.
50 Shades of Grey. With a hint of scented candle. :iconpervylenplz:
Well of course I have the usual urge to burn Twilight, but there is also a book that depressed me so much that I could start crying at any moment. It's a Dutch book called 'Het fluisterboek', translated it means 'the book of whispers'. It's about a girl who twice tries to commit suicide. I hated it.
Talisman of Troy by Valerio Massimo Manfredi I have never been so bored reading a book :stare: I think I even imagined something else happening since it was so boring.
since everyone already said the obvious Twilight and Fifty Shades, this is difficult. Maybe Dante's Inferno because that book scared the hell out of me and it would also be pretty ironic to light it on fire.
Heh, I liked Dante's Inferno (and the rest of The Divine Comedy) but I agree that the book scared the living hell out of me, and I'm agnostic.
we had to read it for English and i just remember looking at the illustrations and then having nightmares shortly after
Yeah, they're pretty scary, all right.
Question: Can I take the pages from everything Stephenie Meyer ever wrote, as well as the 50 Shades of Grey offshoots, and bind them together to consider it one book?

If yes, then I would burn that, in a gasoline fire while Beethoven plays in the distance.

If no, then it depends on my mood.

If I was in a bad mood, I would burn The Host in a gasoline fire while Beethoven plays in the distance, because I wouldn't be satisfied with just burning one of the Twilight "novels" without including the whole set, and arguably, the Host is an even worse atrocity to all things literature and female.

If I was in a slightly less bad mood, I would burn the first 50 Shades of Grey book for starting a new wave of literacy destruction and gross misunderstanding of how the BDSM subculture works, even if it did somehow come off to people as if it was being positive, which would've been nice if true.

If I was in the mood to really piss people off and be ironic, I'd go to the south and burn the bible. Not for any personal offense to me, but because they burned Harry Potter down there and a witch burning the bible there would be sure to piss the same people off.

If I was in a good mood, I would burn Farenheit 451, for irony's sake and to see if the book actually ignites at 451 degrees Farenheit.
-oh man,you stole all my choisces!what am i gonna do with this torch?!
The Bible

:shifty: yes I went there.
Why not the Quran afraid some would car bomb your place, so safe a choice.............
Also I don't have a problem with the Muslim religion. It's Christians that piss me off thus I would burn their holy book.
because its safe to have a problem with christians they just turn the other cheek. COWARD
I'm not a coward. My dislike for Christianity has nothing to do with how "safe" hating a religion is. You sir are just a fucked up arrogant ass.
How would burning th Quran make someone set of a car bomb? You think that all Muslims are terrorists? Well that's just fucking ignorant. You sir are a disgrace to society.
nope not all muslims just the extremists, and in your idea of a society it would be an honor to be a disgrace god bless you soul.
Ignorant. Arrogant. I can't even put words to the stupidity you posses.
yes if people like you who claims to be genius yeah I'm stupid.
I never claim to be a genius. So fuck off please. I'm done with you.