Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Does anyone know of some good free ebooks?

:iconexoticjackal:
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist
I know of many sites that offer indie authors for free, but anyone else who frequents these, knows that you can wind up with a lot of BS that might be the REASON they had to go indie publishing.
Anyone read some good ones that you could recommend?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconremh1986:
remh1986 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If interested, take a look at the eBook I just published on Smashwords. [link] it's FREE
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What's been said--just get stuff that isn't copyrighted. I mean, good and free don't really exist in the same realm often :{
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist
:la: I've been searching. I'm glad to find some of my favorite books are now out of copyright. :3
:iconstoneman123:
stoneman123 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Are you aware of the Gutenberg Project? [link] They've got quite a collection of free ebooks. I'd recommend Edgar Rice Burroughs's Barsoom series, starting with Princess of Mars, the book that was the inspiration for the recent Disney movie adaptation.

As for something new, and "Indie," I would recommend The Sable City, by M. Edward McNally [link] It's the first of the "Norothian Cycle," and I can say from experience that it is very much like a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through, and I'm still enjoying it. The worldbuilding, while not terribly original, is highly intricate and well-realized. The plot is complex, has several interesting and well-developed characters, and focuses on multiple independent threads, all of which end up converging on the titular Sable City (and what it is is only revealed about half-way through, so I won't spoil it).
:facepalm: I have so many books from Gutenburg, and I totally forgot they existed. :la: And the indie book and Princess of Mars have been downloaded.
Do you mean that they "have been" downloaded already or "have been" downloaded now, thanks to my suggestion?
xD I got them due to your suggestion.
Ah! Excellent. Always a pleasure. :bow:
:iconshininginthedarkness:
I just read stuff that's fallen out of copyright :lol:
xD I've got most of those already.
Add a Comment: