First book you ever remember reading

What's the first book you remember reading?

I'm not sure if it was a vocabulary book or an Archie comic book. :B
Comments115
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Scruffy the Tugboat, and Thomas The Tank Engine Complete collection.
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.

A depressing book, if you think about it, but nevertheless, I grew up with it. My mom actually would sing me the little song almost every night. (I was reading before I even finished pre-school, a bit of a brainiac before I even knew what a brainiac was, so I was still pretty young.)
OH MY GOODNESS

I LOVED THAT BOOK.
So did I! I still have it, actually, and I read it to my little cousins sometimes. :giggle:
I wish I could remember the title but I can't... The first book I ever read on my own as a child without help was about a dragon who was friends with a unicorn but didn't have wings because he wasn't brave (and went on a journey to get his wings). Was a nice story for a child to read :)
Spot the Dog. I think i read it when I was in preschool/kindergarten and it was basically like "Spot is a dog." "Spot can count." "1, 2, 3, 4, 5."
I was so amused though, despite how simple it was! :la:
My Teddy
I used to insist on having it read to me before I went to bed
A book about about a fire cat. It was a cat that was basically a dalmation dog and rode around with fire fighters....
Lion King the movie book.Well I didn't so much as read it but go through the pictures and brag about how i've already seen the movie :D
One of the Little Bear books, but I couldn't tell you which one.
The Berenstein Bears series. I forget which one exactly--I think it was the Stranger Danger one--but it was the first book series I got into that wasn't a readable coloring book. :XD:
The Cat in the Hat Came Back. I was eight years old, and had just learned how to read. However, I devoured all of the fairytales and the childrens' encyclopedias in the house that same year.
First legitimate book? Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning. In.... Second or Third grade.

Before that, some amazing children's book, because all the old children's books I have seem to be amazing. <3 Probably The Very Hungry Caterpillar-- something along those lines.
"The Giant Jam Sandwich" by John Vernon Lord and "Bread and Jam for Frances"by Russell Hoban.
Frances wouldn't have happened to have been a badger? Because if so, I remember that book, sort of.
Uh... Honestly the first book I can remember was a story by Dick King Smith about a man who transfers his house into a home for animals...
I remember a similar book, only it was an old lady in mine. It was called "But No Elephants".

In the end, the elephant helped.
My first novel was the big four! But the one that changed my life is dragon keeper by robin hobb.
The first book (comics not counted; I even gnawed on comics as dummy-replacement) I read all by myself was Dracula. :D
Explains a lot, I guess. d:
The first book I read on my own was a Power Puff Girl chapter book. It was 58 pages with size 16 font and when the page had a picture it would take up half the page, but I was so proud of myself.