January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 71

A Game of Thrones

:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:squee:
I just finished reading the first book, A Game of Thrones. IT'S BRILLIANT!!! I haven't seen the tv series though....

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves reading fantasy and adventure. The beginning few pages are kind of confusing, owing to the vast number of characters, but after 100 or so pages, you get used to it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontuttie:
Tuttie Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013  Student
I read all the books and honestly, I got bored a lot. Sometimes I cheated and skipped chapters of uninteresting characters. The story just doesn't progress you know? And with the rate the author is going it seems like he's going to die before finishing the series.
:icongiuliabeck:
Giuliabeck Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Aw man, i love this series! XD It's fantastic! It's somewhat frustrating how everything seems to go wrong for everyone, but I just love how it seems all that is guiding them to their right path!

CMHirst- I saw your Daenerys! She looks gorgeous, you've got some mad pencil skills there! :D I can't think of any suggestions, but I thought I'd let you know it looks great! *thumbs up*
:iconcmhirst:
CMHirst Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Currently drawing game of throne characters and have drawn only the mother of dragons.... need some suggestions on who to draw next so many to choose from please give me some names and I will draw them :)
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Tyrion!!! weeee~
:icondewi:
dewi Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013
I really enjoyed the first book. I think I made it through the second or maybe a bit farther before I gave up. The character development is really good, but it just got too "soap-opera-ish" for my tastes. additionally, I was quite surprised in myself. I'm not usually one to be turned off by sex and violence and generally consider those that are to be prudish, but these books didn't seem to sell that aspect too well. It just got to a point where gratuitous was not adequate enough to describe it in relation to the rest of the story. Though there were places where it was fully justified as a story development tool and used well.

I haven't seen the show yet, but have wanted to give it a shot. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
:iconstephie99:
Stephie99 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I adore the novel series and haven't come across anything like it - it's on a whole other level. It encompasses so many real-world aspects of life and the mystery of something more and unworldly. I love how each book brings me closer to the characters and their developments. It's the most gripping and moving set of books I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and I think George R.R Martin must have a truly incredible sense of creativity and a vast knowledge of human psychology to have created something so beautiful.
:iconimaginative-lioness:
imaginative-lioness Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I am absolutely in love with this series, both the book series and the television series. I have never had so much love for a story before, I think it is simply George R. R. Martin's character development and unique storylines. You will love the rest of the series ♥!
:iconlaurabischoff:
laurabischoff Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
im starting the second book! i havent watched the show, so i dont know how is it, but at least the books are awesome. its sad to know that there are people who doesnt like Jon Snow. He is actually one of my favorite characters, including Daenerys and Tyrion. (sorry for my bad english)
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's not that I don't like Jon Snow. I've only read the first book (haven't had time to start the second) and I found his story kind of boring.
Yes, a lot of people seem to like Tyrion. He's funny :)
:iconkimvanderveeke:
kimvanderveeke Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Photographer
I find it difficult to like it at first. But then, when you get further you want to know what happens to that character and that character (or not.. al my favorite characters are dead.. except for 2). Currently reading a Dance with Dragons. I'm so addicted to the books! I read in the bus to school, train. Even in class when I have nothing to do.
Add a Comment: