Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 63

Homestuck: What's So Great About It?

:icongloomypandabear:
GloomyPandaBear Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First of all, I'm not even sure this post is in the right place but screw it. Anyways, what is really so great about Homestuck? I read it and got really bored with it and never read it again. I got really annoyed with all the fandom because they were just, bleh(at least the fan art and conversations I found.) So I'm just wondering what's so great about Homestuck? I'm not trying to talk shit on Homestuck(wow that sounds like the conversations the girls in my math class have XD )I'm just curious how people get obsessed with Homestuck.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongirlunderthebox:
GirlUnderTheBox Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2013
its just some thing new and most likes whatever is new
:iconnarutopixygirl34:
narutopixygirl34 Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
our fandom is just like any other out there, we have good fans(non-obsessive compulsive non-hyperactive high as fuck lunatic fangirls/boys) and we have the bad fans too. unfortunately the bad fans out weigh the good fans.

now with that being said, homestuck is an interactive web comic (to the folks who said video game, that is not right) written and illustrated by none other then Andrew hussie. the comic started on April 13th and this day has become, John egberts birthday. him and three other friends play a game, ending up in the medium. like every one else said, you have to stick with it in order to understand its plot line better. but im not going to hate you, and a alot of others who see my point on the subject at hand, wont hate you either if you dont wish to continue reading it.
:iconamyrpf13:
AmyRPF13 Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
What is Homestuck? I mean, I know what it is but...
GloomyPandaBear Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
you mean like the story line?
:iconamyrpf13:
AmyRPF13 Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Yes, and at first I didn't even know it was a comic!
GloomyPandaBear Featured By Owner Mar 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
so far all I know it's about these troll things and a couple humans. I'm not really sure, that's just what I've heard. I've never really got into it.
:iconnepetalejionh33h33:
NepetaLejionh33h33 Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
the plot is interesting and the characters (especially the trolls) are fun!! the first act really builds the world a lot, but it's a lot more dull than the rest of the comic!!

really, i got sucked in because it's about a video game that brings forth the apocalypse and that's such a cool concept!!
:icondawnflower8:
dawnflower8 Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013  Student General Artist
i'm bored with it too
:iconava-ire:
ava-ire Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013
well, right now, i feel like it's gone really overboard and the artist/author seems to be irritated by the fans. the impact the fans have had has been obvious, and i think the author, hussie, is tired of it.
for me, there plot was very intricate and unpredictable, and that's what i liked about it. i liked the mix of scientific and supernatural themes, as well as timelines and different dimensions. because it's a webcomic, it doesn't have the need to censor itself excessively - or, at least, it didn't, before the fans started getting extremely picky and fussy.
homestuck peaked for me in mid-late act 5. i've stopped reading it now.
it's one of the longest pieces of literature in the english language. it's over-complicated now, as of act 6...
:iconfarorephotography:
FarorePhotography Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Yeah I would actually agree with you that I believe Hussie is tired of all the fan comments. It is his webcomic and he can't even write it how he wants to.
Add a Comment: