Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Want to pick up IDW's "TMNT" comic book series, but don't want to buy every comic

:iconninozap0:
NiNoZaP0 Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Artist
I'm somewhat want to pick up the new IDW's TMNT comic book series. I heard the #12 issues suppose to end with an ark the comic was working on. My question is:
Can I pick up the first #12 issues and stop or do I have to buy the other issues?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontrivialtales:
trivialtales Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I guess you could, but I don't know why you would want to stop if you liked it.
NiNoZaP0 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Artist
I'm not a big fan reading series if there's no end or type of ending. There are a lot of mangas I want to read to badly but I can't cause there're too long or there's no end in sight.
:icontrivialtales:
trivialtales Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Ah. Well comics are often serials. They're made to have stories told forever.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Trade paperbacks or digital services like Comixology is probably what you're looking for. I'm not sure I understand this "#12 issues" thing though. The Hash appoints a single issue. 12 issues means twelve issues.

IDWs TMNT series is its own continuity. You don't have to read the old Archie or original Mirage series to understand anything. It starts proper from the first and continues as long as there will be enough readers to support it.
Reason I stated #12 issues because I heard the new TMNT first arc ends at 12 issues. I just want to know if can stop reading after that arc.
The story will obviously continue so it depends on if you want to or not. I'm not sure why you're thinking so hard about it.
Sorry, I don't see that much u.s comics. I know from Dc comics, such as batman, there are mimi arcs in the series. Yeah, the the series alone keeps going but the arc it self becomes a somewhat stand alone story.
An arc is the same thing as say... The Frieza saga. That is an arc. So even if the arc is over the comic itself continues. With Batman and such its a bit different since they have been going for so long with so many different creative teams that the arcs are indeed mini stories into themselves. But for a single title like TMNT, Atomic Robo, etc that aren't old, not tied to any massive fictional company universe and is driven by a smaller team the arcs are more like on TV shows or manga serializations.
Good point
Add a Comment: