Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Ultimate Spider-Man volumes vs comic books review help

:icondrybonesreborn:
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok, I want to review each issue, but the volumes do not have page numbers, nor is there a major indication of what parts go with what. A giant blury page with a character should indicate another section, but it does not match in proportion to each portion of the comic.

0o Why did Marvel do this?

It 'collects' them, which is great, but doesn't help me figure out out many pages per issue. Some can have 12, or 20 etc.

If I don't have "Ultimate Spider-Man" 14-18 issue, then how can I know when each plot cuts off?

I have a vague idea, but I really need to be sure or I'd just read 2 issues, and then review 2 instead of one.

Any ideas?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontojix:
TojiX Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Most comicbooks would at least have 20 to 30 pages per issue
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
When I was little, 12 pages was all you could get for 1.99. I guess it's like what 4 bucks now for 20 pages? I thought that, but for some reason, I can't seem to find where each one starts. It's like reading three books and no idea where the first book started, and ended. Why in the world Marvel did that, is beyond me.
:icontojix:
TojiX Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Well I'm looking at one now, yeah I agree it seems to be seamless. And I noticed too that there are some extra pages, that have been made to connect the separate issues. Other are annoyed by this, and others too complain from the other side of the spectrum. Either way I have no problem with it.
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah. I just wish, even in small print it would say the issue name at the bottom, so you could read it without interruption, but still try to see what issue you are starting or ending.
Add a Comment: