Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 182

Favorite books as a child...

:iconmeowsap:
meowsap Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What were your favorite books to read growing up? Please share!!! :)

Some of my favorites were:

"The Thieves of Tyburn Square" by Dave and Neta Jackson - A historical fiction involving Elizabeth Fry, a quaker woman who wanted to reform prison life for women. I loved this book! Actually, they had a whole series of books, "Trailblazers," focused on different missionaries and reformers.

"The Land of Oz" by Frank L. Baum - This was just a fun story all around. I ended up reading several other Oz books, but this was my favorite.

Sweet Valley Girls series by Francine Pascal - I have the first 20-something books for the elementary level series.

My Very First Golden Bible - This collection of Bible stories had great illustrations and really inspired me!

"Socks" by Beverly Cleary - A cute story about a cat named Socks! First book to make me cry!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondsiwek:
DSiwek Featured By Owner Mar 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
'Silverwing' by Kenneth Oppel :)
:iconcaluluwind:
CaluluWind Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013
I liked manga as a little kid, and I still do, and my favorite was Sailor Moon.
I also liked the Eloise storybooks.
:iconkreistina26:
Kreistina26 Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The Outsiders and Catcher in the Rye
:iconbuneep:
buneep Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2013
I loved the Boxcar Children series when I was growing up. There were many others that I liked, but off the top of my head that's probably my favorite. (:
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The Harry Potter series was one of my favourites, along with Goosebumps. I also loved anything about bears or teddies
:iconcollapsingdream:
collapsingdream Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2013  Hobbyist
The Secret Garden was my absolute favorite. I had a bunch of other favorites, but I forgot the author's name. If I were to see it, I would recognize it right away.
:iconxin-tetsu:
Xin-tetsu Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Student Interface Designer
The Warriors, all the way! :#1:
Also Jungle Book, Redwall series, Carbonel: the King of the Cats (by Barbara Sleigh). I loved a lot of animal books.
:iconendaewen:
Endaewen Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I wore out a copy of the Lord of the Rings as a kid. Other than that, I remember reading my way through the Saddle Club series, the Thoroughbred series and a lot of other horse stories, dog stories, Nancy Drew series etc.
:iconguerrillacartoonz:
GUERRILLAcartoonz Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I had a lot of the Little Golden Books, though I sadly don't remember them all. The only one that I can remember offhand that was a definite favorite was The Poky Little Puppy. My mum says that she definitely thought that it was my most favorite of all time, because I always made her read it to me. Peter Rabbit was also a favorite of mine. :lol:
I also had a lot of Dr. Seuss's stories (I have a whole book of them somewhere...). My definite favorites from him were The Lorax, Horton Hatches an Egg, The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Green Eggs and Ham.
I also read the Chet Gecko Mysteries a lot, too... and I still read them even now. :lol:
:iconkid-tarakona:
Kid-Tarakona Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2013  Student General Artist
I've always enjoyed Roald Dahl's books, especially The BFG, The Enormous Crocodile, The Giraffe and The Pelly and Me and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also used to love the Animal Ark series by Lucy Daniels.

One book that I really loved when I was very young was Cuddly Dudley, about a penguin who was always trying to find some privacy away from his annoying siblings, who can't resist hugging him. To this day, I still know the whole story off by heart.
Add a Comment: