Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

So there's this book I still have that I used to obsess over.

:iconjustalexc:
justalexc Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
It's called the "Uglies" series by Scott Westerfeld. {Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras}. I though that it was the best book I've ever read, and more than 4 years later, THERE IS NO MOVIE. This is one of my first forum posts so I will ATTEMPT to put a picture on here that describes how I feel: :sniff:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconincognitoxxx:
IncognitoXxx Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I read the first one on holiday and read it in a day:) It's a great series and I definatley think it needs a movie.
I really want to see the hoverboard thingies in action, so cool!
:iconwillowstream:
Willowstream Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Oh man the Uglies series was amazing~! Definitely better than the YA spinoffs there are now, and it really deserves its own movie! Or at least to be better known.

Those spinning tattoos, man. They were cool.
:iconedarlin:
edarlin Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
I'm pretty sure that series was what sparked off the whole "strong female character in a dystopia and/or post-apoc world" fad that YA is going through now. It's the first one I remember, anyway. Then came Hunger Games, Divergent, Eve, Pure, Ashes, Forest of Hands and Teeth, etc.

But yeah, it was a pretty good series. I don't know why they never made movies for the series, but I'm kind of glad they didn't. I imagine the Pretties would have to be pretty heavily CGI'd to be as perfect as described in the books and would therefore reside firmly in the Uncanny Valley.

My favorite part of the series are the hoverboard things. I want one.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Heeey, I read that in grade five! :dummy: I should probably read it again, eh?

But yes. It needs a movie.
Add a Comment: