Help me add +50 books to my "Need-To-Read" book list!

In the year 2013 I resolve to...

- read 50 new books! :iconeagerpee:

It is absolutely necessary that you help me compile my list! :stare:

For the most part - I love anything & everything (except for non-fiction)... so I just lied. :iconteheplz: Feel free to steal some of the novel-suggestions that result from this thread...

- but I bet I'll read them before you do! :sprint:

Seriously though, what do you think I should read? List author & book titles so I'm not wondering aimlessly through cyber space. :stupidme:

:heart: *OfOneSoul

Now you may be wondering, "Why the American flag?" Cause I live in America, and I'm an American. And my favorite color is America. & all those other redneck things you expect me to say. :drunk:
Comments182
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pyramids by Terry Pratchett. You'll love it. :B
hunger games trilogy, the original alice in wonderland and through the looking glass by Lewis Carroll, Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky, and the following I haven't read myself yet but I have high expectations of: The great gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Roadside Picnic and Perdido street stations by China Miéville (forgot the author of roadside picnic)
Alice In Wonderland is an excellent suggestion! I have actually never read it! :iconlachoirplz:
Try John Dies At The End and the sequel This Book Is Full Of Spiders.
They're my favorite books :D
John Dies At The End? That sounds very interesting - thank you for the suggestion! :huggle:
Nineteen eighty four by George Orwell ( I loved this book, but then again, according to my friends I read a weird range of books (boring) so it may be really boring to you :S )

Summer Island by Kristin Hannah ( I read this one recently and I really like it :D )

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson ( I'm reading this one now, and it was okay, until I (accidently) read the end. Now I think it's even better C: )

I hope I've listed books that you might enjoy, instead of ones that you dislike D:
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas? That sounds very interesting. Thank you for the suggestion, darling! :huggle:
Barsoom by Edgar Rice Burroughs
-A Princess of Mars
-The Gods of Mars
-The Warlord of Mars
-Thuvia, Maid of Mars
-The Chessmen of Mars
-The Mastermind of Mars
-Swords of Mars
-Synthetic Men of Mars
-Llana of Gathol
-John Carter of Mars

The Kiesha'ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.
-Hawksong
-Snakecharm
-Falcondance
-Wolfcry
-Wyvernhail

The Millennium series by Stieg Larsson.
-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
-The Girl Who Played with Fire
-The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton.
Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
I LOVE the Kiesha'ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes! :iconlawooplz:

She was my favorite author in high school. :iconrubcheeksplz:
Oops... I forgot to add:

More than human by Theodore Sturgeon.
I've always meant to read Atlas Shrugged! Thank you for the suggestions! :huggle:
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
The forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip
The fountainhead and Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand (Most awesome writer)
Elegance of the hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Slaughterhouse - 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson
Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami
The count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

These are the best books I've read in my life.

I'll add this two, just in case they have been translated into English or you're so much into other kind of books.

Diablo Guardian (which should be something like 'Guardian Devil' or something like that) by Xavier Velasco
AND
Think fast, think slow by Daniel Kahneman (not a novel, but rather a Nobel. Very interesting book).
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Thank you for the suggestion, darling! :huggle:
Sure, it's one of my favorite horror novels :)
Herodotus Histories

Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar (I've heard it's a good read even if you aren't into games)

Mass Effect: Revelation (no lore or universe knowledge necessary)

I Will Wear Midnight (Discworld book)

The Looking Glass Wars (the fact I can count on my fingers the number of issues I've had with the books says a lot to how well done they are. Seriously, Beddor is good at making a fast paced, fluid adventure sci-fi/fantasy world that defies most conventions in favor of what he actually wanted.)

Wuthering Heights

And, well, I don't mean to be pretentious (or self-promotional) here, but I do have a short story if you really are just interested in reading new stuff: [link] It's perspective -- second person present, was inspired by Halting State, a really great sci-fi novel (seriously, at least read Halting State even if ye ignore my own writing. It's amazingly smart and well done).
Thank you for all of the lovely suggestions, my dear! :iconiloveyouplz: I especially like the Mass Effect one. :eyes: And I'll be sure to check out your short story as soon as I can! :heart:
Np. The Mass Effect novels are good, for the most part. The most recent one that ties into ME3 had to be heavily edited due to a crap-ton of errors within the canon and universe (sometimes entire planets were opposite to their original nature, such as Palaven).

The audio version for Revelation is also brilliant. I got it for cheap and it certainly is enjoyable.
I love the Mass Effect universe! Anything to do with BioWare is usually awesome though. :nod:
A crack in the Sky by Mark Peter Hughes
Thank you so much for the suggestion, darling! :iconiloveyouplz:
You're welcome.

It was one of the most exciting books I've read in a while.
I look forward to it! :iconeagerpee: