Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Time travel books recommendations

:iconpringlesaddict99:
pringlesaddict99 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Do you know any time travel kind of books worth reading?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Writer
I loved Kathryn Reiss's books when I was a teenager. A few of her books include Paperquake, Dreadful Sorry, Time Windows, Pale Phoenix, and Paint by Numbers. All of them include time travel of some sort. :)
:iconedarlin:
edarlin Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is really good, if you don't mind a little romance.
Doomsday Book/The Oxford Time Travel series by Connie Willis.
Century Rain by Alastair Reynolds: not time travel exactly, but it's basically people from the future (around 2270 or so, I think) visiting a version of 1959.
11/22/63 by Stephen King. I haven't read this one yet, but it's gotten decent reviews, so it's probably good.
Farnham's Freehold by Robert A. Heinlein- this is one that goes to the distant future rather than the past. It's a bit dated and very politically incorrect by modern standards, but it's a pretty interesting book. Heinlein has several other time travel stories also, but I haven't read them.
:iconsecondclaw:
secondclaw Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
To Say Nothing of the Dog - by Connie Willis - this one won a Hugo, and is one of my favorite books.
End of Eternity - by Isaac Asimov - a classic.
:iconleabharlann:
leabharlann Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon centers around time travel and is pretty epic (7 books and counting?). They're some of my favorite books ever, but I admit that any description you'll find online (or on the back of the book, even) will make them sound terrible. They're good, I swear! :D
:iconalakdilion:
Alakdilion Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I read this book called Timeline by Michael Crichton many years ago and I recall it being pretty good. The movie based off of it sucked, though...
:iconquietsapphire:
QuietSapphire Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Infinity Ring is good. Two books to the series so far.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Well, there's Ward Moore's classic Bring the Jubilee, and Anthony Boucher's novella -- you'll have to find a collection of his works -- Barrier, which put a great deal of thought into the subject and built a compelling story around it...
:iconragnaice:
ragnaice Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman...sort of... alternate universe time traveling rather.
:icondariadzyuba:
DariaDzyuba Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
'The Misery' by Stephen King. :thumbsup:
:iconpastellights:
PastelLights Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The Missing Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix is good (:
Add a Comment: