Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

Book-Reading Resolutions

:iconjulietcaesar:
julietcaesar Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Last year, I read about 31-32 books. This year, I hope to make that 40. Over that year, I spanned from reading popular YA fiction to literary fiction and classics to Asian writers to nonfiction (psychology, philosophy and history). This year, I hope to delve more into genre fiction (such as crime, which I've never read in my life) and short story collections.

So,

1. How many books are you planning to read for 2013?
2. What types of books are you planning to read for 2013?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconserene-gemini:
Last year I read approximately 48 novels, however I also read what I'd consider to be an unhealthy amount of fan-fiction.
I would like to 55-60 novels in 2013. As for genera, I'd like to read more non-fiction history books, but I'm a sucker for scifi and fantasy and romance.
:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
I don't make resolutions, but I do plan to read a lot this year.

I have all of Vincent Di Fates books, a handful on Color and color theory (because I am almost certain I am not going to learn anything from my color class this spring), a couple of books with pulp fiction short stories, and very large hand full of art and anatomy books.
:iconthethirdcartel:
I took the Goodreads reading challenge last year and read fifty-six books, half of which were non-fiction, a fact of which I'm really proud (not to mention that I learned a lot as well.) I've dialed it back this year since I'll be busier, but plan to tackle some books that have been on my reading list for a while, some classics, and some French books.
:iconronin356:
Damn it, I will finish the Complete Conan. For the love of all things holy!
:icontwipplestoast:
Er.....well, I do read, but I like to read a book slowly to really absorb it's content, rater than just zipping through it. But I typically like to read books written in the old english format, i.e. Narnia and Lord of the Rings, and only fantasy. I'm a nerd for fantasy. My resolution is to simply finish reading 'The Hobbit' before the second installment of the movie is relased. xD (I tend to read four books at a time rofl)
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
1.) My goal is to read 50 books.
That's one thing I like about goodreads is it keeps track of them all for me.

2.) Everything. I think I've given up on liking erotic because it all seems kind of the same to me :O, but history, YA, paranormal, fairytales, suspense/thriller, American & British classics, and the one I'm most excited about:
I want to start finding writers around here who have books in our local shops and such so I can read some of their stuff and maybe somehow hopefully help them create an audience and chances for them :)
:iconexillior:
Exillior Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't read a lot lately but I've got a library membership now so I read more. :D I go to Waterstones maybe once a month so that's an average of 24-30 books per year, and with the library I now read about 3 books every month. 

I read the Book Thief yesterday night, by the way. My friend had leant me it for a while now. 

I'm planning to read more of the same - fantasy, YA, children's. And all the pretty covers that catch my fancy.
:iconthe-theory-liz:
The-Theory-Liz Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I read 89 books last year, and this year I am trying for 90-100 if I can. I want to read anything that catches my interest. :nod:
:iconjulietcaesar:
julietcaesar Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:O Did you average two books a week? That's quite an incredible total!
:iconthe-theory-liz:
The-Theory-Liz Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It depends. I read a lot this summer, and some books I flew through while others took me a few weeks (while I read other books :lol:). Anyways, it's the best I've ever done. It also includes school reading too. :B
Add a Comment: