Details

Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Help to promote my new book

:iconneutrastaff:
Alright, first off let me say this, if this isn't the place to do this please forgive me for I didn't know.

Basically, I just wanted to share my new novel I recently finished entitled 'Atlantis'. I have a link on my profile page that leads to my booksie page where I have it set up. If I could post it here I would but even if there is a way I have no idea how. So for now, until I get it officially published I wanted to share the prototype with people to see what the think about the story. If you ever glance at it, please tell me what you think;)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
A place that could be good to check out as an author would be goodreads.com and look into setting up an author page. Since the site is simply about books and reading it'd be a good place to possibly find people who'd be interested in reading your book and branch out.
Thanks for the word, but...I'm already on goodreads (I have a link to my goodreads profile on my profile page) and the thing is it really doesn't work for me. I mean I posted things and I been to the forums asking for help but the people don't want to help me. No one responded back, no one lended me a hand. I did a story last May, I asked one of the people there, who I also friended, could I use some of her characters from a roleplay she did and she said yes as long as I gave her credit. I wanted to speak to her more but to this day she's never responded back to anything I said. So, thanks again for helping but it just didn't do for me:(
WorldWar-Tori Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
Well I added you on there so I can see none the less.

Have you tried an authors profile? I don't know what the difference is since I've never held too much interest in it but perhaps that has some advantages?

I don't know if it'd work, it was just a thought.
Just went there and added you, plus I also left a message.

What you mean personally going to their profiles and ask them directly. If so, yes several times, can't get them to speak back. It sort of worked at first. A lot of the people who I'm (sort of) friends with on goodreads, I spoke to them and they became my friends but afterwards they didn't really have much else to say to me.

Thanks for the interest:) This may be just an exaggeration but you actually said WAY more then the people on goodreads say.
WorldWar-Tori Jan 3, 2013   General Artist
No; I mean creating one. It didn't look like yours was one. The way I've seen them laid out is it displays their books and such, you can give away "first reads" books and such like that. They seem much more geared toward "advertising" and promoting your writing than just a regular account does. :shrug: I don't know though, since I'm not an author I haven't looked to for into.

:lol: well hopefully you find something that'll work out for you (=
Oh, is that separate from the normal profiles there, and if so I have absolutely no idea how to make one. Do you know how? That's what I need, well one of the things, a way to get advertising to help promote my novel. If I learn how to make a profile I'll just keep messing around until I figure out how:D

I do as well:)
:icontwipplestoast:
It is in the book section, so it should be alright. xD

But in regards to promoting your book, you should try popular blog sites and posting ads in newspapers, if it's too that point in its creation. As for dA, the best way to get people to view your book is to get YOUR name out there. The more people you have viewing your page the more they'll look at what you have to offer. Just be active in everything dA: posting in the forum, the chat, give comments and honest critiques to other artists, and your page will become well known. :)
Oh, I never knew there was a book section. I posted a few short stories in the journal section because I didn't know about that:p

See that's the thing, I don't know how to get myself out there, well efficiently anyway. I don't use facebook or any social media sites like that, well except for this one. But I'll take that up to note as well, seeing as that's how you get people to view things on booksie, speak to everyone and review their work as well. Alright, thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot:D
:icontwipplestoast:
I don't have a facebook either. Just YouTube and dA. :/

Another good way to get your book out there is to have someone edit it. The cleaner the document the more excited people will be and want to pass it around. :3
Add a Comment: