Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 107

Worst COMIC BOOK mistakes (art, dialog, narration, overall plot ect)

:iconcreativelycreative:
CreativelyCreative Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
What just... gets you when you are reading a comic, what problems do you immediately notice and what are they? This can be ranging from art to the writing itself to the overall storyline / arc. Most of all, why does it bother you and how frequently do comicbooks make this (or these) mistakes.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconanghorkheng:
anghorkheng Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi, guys...I can see so many different opinions regarding comic and its storytelling styles/ influences...hope you guys can also let me know what you think about my short comic here:
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
You have a panel showing some fast action. Perhaps it's Spiderman throwing a punch. And it's PACKED with dialogue, when for the action shown there can't possibly be time to say all that.

And who talks that much when they're fighting, other than brief trash talk? It's the wrong time for a stream of clever witticisms.
CreativelyCreative Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
only spiderman :) you didn't know? spiders have amazing trashtalk ability too.
:iconmikethemerciless:
Mikethemerciless Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Continually killing characters off only to bring them back to life later on.
:iconmyimmortal-manga:
MyImmortal-Manga Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The plotlines don't bother me per-say its the names that start with the same letter as the Last Name etc Peter Parker but some of the comics books are ok but it does ask questions such as why could superman not fly and stuff in the very beginning of the first chapter rather than later on?
:iconbennihana:
bennihana Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
Every time Marvel hires John Romita Jr. for something. Ive skipped issues due to my distaste in his style over the past twenty years. Just not a fan.
:iconcajunattack:
cajunattack Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional General Artist
Artwork where you can't distinguish between characters other than their clothes
Script/dialog that you can't distinguish between characters and they all seem to talk in the same 'voice'.
Pop trivia references thrown in at every available opportunity
Arbitrary swearing/sexual references/violence when it's unnecessary to the storyline
'Adult' comics that try desperately hard to be 'Adult' comics yet descend into the same tawdry juvenile subject matter they originally wanted to distance themselves from.

See: Y the Last Man.
:iconrainbowkitty777:
rainbowkitty777 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
> When the comic book is one long scene. Bonus points if it carries over to the next comics.
> Over-emphasis on text. It removes the impact of the text, and looks bad. A simple 'Go!' or 'Go!!!' is fine. I don't want 'Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'.
> Panels that run into each other with no border separating them. It's fine for beginnners, but when it's published like so, that's where things take a nose dive.
> Comics that are too lighthearted that are meant to be not. If it's meant to be dark, MAKE IT DARK. GEEZ.
> Stereotyping. 'Nuff said.
> Panels not being used effectively for emphasis It just seems so... bland that way.
CreativelyCreative Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
thank you. added alot to my list.
:iconrainbowkitty777:
rainbowkitty777 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No problem!
Add a Comment: